2,888 posts in this topic

Hi, we were DQ 7 July, still waiting for our IL. Was on another thread but just thought I should join this one since it is up to date. Is there any rhyme or reason to when they send out IL? I read it was only once a month (4th) but it seems like they are sending out multiple batches of IL a month? It is incredibly frustrating that they are not more clear with the process. Anyway - glad I found this group - good luck to all. 

Best wishes, 

DA

2 hours ago, dallen said:

Hi, we were DQ 7 July, still waiting for our IL. Was on another thread but just thought I should join this one since it is up to date. Is there any rhyme or reason to when they send out IL? I read it was only once a month (4th) but it seems like they are sending out multiple batches of IL a month? It is incredibly frustrating that they are not more clear with the process. Anyway - glad I found this group - good luck to all. 

Best wishes, 

DA

We try our best on here & other places to make trends out of the NVC, but they are *nikacado avocado voice* always two steps ahead…

Multiple batches sent in July. One batch sent in August. All batches sent since July have been sent on Thursdays, but not previous to this. Tends to be once a month, typically the 3rd week of the month, but every now & again, they send them multiple a month.

Occasionally, there’s 1 person that reports having got one when no one else has, and I’m led to believe it’s probably someone who rescheduled their interview date, and whoever’s next in line got to fill the original cancelled interview date. I’m a June 28 DQ waiting on a letter as well.

Edited by tunaqueen25

22 hours ago, tunaqueen25 said:

We try our best on here & other places to make trends out of the NVC, but they are *nikacado avocado voice* always two steps ahead…

Multiple batches sent in July. One batch sent in August. All batches sent since July have been sent on Thursdays, but not previous to this. Tends to be once a month, typically the 3rd week of the month, but every now & again, they send them multiple a month.

Occasionally, there’s 1 person that reports having got one when no one else has, and I’m led to believe it’s probably someone who rescheduled their interview date, and whoever’s next in line got to fill the original cancelled interview date. I’m a June 28 DQ waiting on a letter as well.

Thank you so much - this is incredibly helpful. We have been on this journey for such a long time and are looking to move our family to Boston by end of year so hopefully interviews will come through soon. Best wishes, DA 

5 hours ago, dallen said:

Thank you so much - this is incredibly helpful. We have been on this journey for such a long time and are looking to move our family to Boston by end of year so hopefully interviews will come through soon. Best wishes, DA 

No problem!! I feel the same. I just want my husband here in time for Thanksgiving & the holidays!! There was that one person on this thread on the previous page reporting receiving an IL on September 6th, who was DQ’d June 26th, but based on having such an early interview date & no one else reporting on that day, I’m led to believe someone rescheduled their interview date & they were next in line. 

No actual *batches* of letters sent in September yet! Crossing fingers & crossing toes for us all.

9 minutes ago, andrea804 said:

Any IL sent this week? DQd July 1st and getting so discouraged by this whole process. It’s been almost a year and a half since we submitted our I-130. This is insane 😭

No 😔 June 28th here waiting as well. I’m also in a discord for London cr1’s and nothing reported there either. 

Last I’ve seen is that one person randomly receiving one September 6th with a June 26th DQ date, but no one else got one. And they’re also a brand new profile who hasn’t returned since (not saying its not real, but slightly sus). If its real, someone probably rescheduled their interview & the next person in line (June 26th) got that interview date. Especially since their interview date is so early (October 7th??)

I am personally trying to mentally prepare for getting on Thursday Sept 26th… 😭😭😭😭😭 only to avoid the disappointment of not getting one possibly next Thursday… :( The only thing is, that last week of October is open. No one (online anyway) has reported having an interview date later than October 23rd. So even though us *receiving* the letter is coming later than expected, I reckon the actual date of the interview itself will still be in-line with our original expectations. I predict My hub’s interview date will be late October, and yours also late October, possibly early November. Only because that last week of October still needs to be filled. 

I feel you friend. We submitted i130 early may 2023 🫂 Gotta stay strong!!

Edited by tunaqueen25

15 hours ago, UK_Dreamer said:

Does anyone know of any online tools to track what date is getting their invitations ? 

Not that I’m aware of.. I’ve been pooling data between here, discord, & and a little bit from a facebook messenger group-chat for london cr1’s.

6 hours ago, CT1992 said:

DQ September 13th. I guess that’ll put us in December/Jan for interview unless something speeds up?

I would say so! Maybe November, maybe December. I wouldn’t say January most likely

28 minutes ago, tunaqueen25 said:

Not that I’m aware of.. I’ve been pooling data between here, discord, & and a little bit from a facebook messenger group-chat for london cr1’s.

I would say so! Maybe November, maybe December. I wouldn’t say January most likely

Oh really how comes you think sooner? Generally it’s been 4 months from DQ to interview no?

27 minutes ago, CT1992 said:

Oh really how comes you think sooner? Generally it’s been 4 months from DQ to interview no?

Oh i apologize - I thought you meant Interview Letter. Yeah so likely November you’ll receive your letter since you DQ’d in the middle of the month, and your interview will be December or January 🙂 Sorry for the misunderstanding!!

9 hours ago, CT1992 said:

DQ September 13th. I guess that’ll put us in December/Jan for interview unless something speeds up?

It should speed up once the DV interviews are completed this month and they no longer have to prioritise those. It's still one of the quickest consulates, but it used to be 2 months or so from DQ to IL date for London, hopefully it will get back to that. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

New User here with question. 

My wife (who is French but has lived in the UK for 20 years) and her 3 kids have applied for IR1 visas.  We did the I-130 and have moved on to the NVC stage.

We have an attorney who prepared the DS-260s and documents for us in the online portal.  I have paid all the fees and my Affdvt of Support has been accepted (one that went to each of the 4 cases).  Last month the attorney asked us to review and submit the apps and they uploaded all the documents.  The documents for the 3 kids were accepted (AUG 20) but for my Wife her birth certificate was rejected with a message saying:

"Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines."

Which as far as we know we did (got it from the French authority they asked it to be from and even submitted a full certified translation).  We ordered a new one and had it also translated and now here is my question.

I think this rejection of her BC while annoying and inscrutable (if anyone has any ideas of why or how to figure out exactly why/what was wrong please let me know) might have been a minor miracle.  Assuming that they are holding up the 3 kids applications for scheduling an interview date because my wife's document acceptance was held up by this rejected BC.  (I mean surely they wouldn't send thru 3 kids to go to an interview on their own without the main applicant right?)

Le me explain.  We want to move the family over to the USA in summer of 2025 when the kids are out of school ... so like JUL/AUG of 2025.  From what I understand the visa is only good for 6 months so if our interview and the date of the visa is issued anytime before JAN 2025 we'd be screwed as we'd have to move before summer as the visa would expire before then.  Basically our target move time is JUN-AUG 2025 so our target interview date would be JAN-APR 2025?  (or am I mistaken on that?)

All of this our attorney knew but thought the process for getting the letter and the interview date would take like 6 months not the 4 months it seems to be taking from reading the dates people are posting in here.

So my question (FINALLY! they all yell at their screens.) is if our goal is to move the family in JUL/AUG of 2025 we will need to get an interview date in JAN/FEB/MAR of 2025 and to get that target date would we be best served to resubmit her BC now in mid-late September or to wait a bit?  Obviously I am not holding anyone to any advice they give I am just looking to confirm or have debunked that this initial rejection of her BC might have secretly been a good thing and fingers crossed the next one we submit is as mysteriously accepted as the other was rejected that will get us our DQ date pretty soon after we send it in?  What sort of DQ date do we need to get the interview date we need to get the move date we need?  When should we have our attorney upload the new BC to the portal?

Edited by JacopoBelbo42

2 minutes ago, JacopoBelbo42 said:

What sort of DQ date do we need to get the interview date we need to get the move date we need?

The details for the French birth certificate requirements are here, is this what you have submitted? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/France.html

If you get an interview date that's too early you can reschedule, I think I'd just do that rather than mess around with getting DQ'ed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***This topic was split from an existing thread***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.