2,898 posts in this topic

Just now, Nat Murph said:

yes thats what i meant.. my visa category got their letters on friday June 21st. so that is what all of us in that category on this forum are talking about recently. and speaking generally but of course, yes, sounds like there can be exceptions to the general pattern. i get that. thanks for your detailed clarification and your experience. appreciate it!

1 hour ago, andrea804 said:

Hi everyone! New here and just sent more evidence to NVC so HOPEFULLY should be getting DQ'd this week.

I'm getting discouraged from reading this forum... I thought London was one of the quicker embassies for interviews. If we do get DQ'd this week or next, when should we be getting our interview letter? 

We both live in England, I'm the USC, and I'm DESPERATE to get home :( 

us too! 

we were dq’d april 24th and nothing yet. i hope our category makes the cut off next month. will be like 3 months wait for our IL of it comes through next month. but there are others dq’d before us (around the 21st, that havent gotten theirs either). 

so hope for the best but expect the worst! and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. i stupidly followed the trend of timelines since earlier this year and foolishly thought we would be moved back home by july.. or august at the latest but its looking like that is not happening.  just sick over it… i hope my job will be held for me still amongst other things we have arranged for to prove the concrete steps for re-domicile… 

On 6/25/2024 at 3:47 PM, andrea804 said:

Hi everyone! New here and just sent more evidence to NVC so HOPEFULLY should be getting DQ'd this week.

I'm getting discouraged from reading this forum... I thought London was one of the quicker embassies for interviews. If we do get DQ'd this week or next, when should we be getting our interview letter? 

We both live in England, I'm the USC, and I'm DESPERATE to get home :( 

Hello, welcome to the forum!

It's been established in stone that USCIS can't be relied upon. No one can give an estimate on when you'll get an interview letter and, as someone who was trying to make sense of the timescale from others, I've given up on trying. All we know for sure is that each month IL's are sent in batches, sometimes twice or more in one month, and there's no knowing if you'll be in that list or not. There's some cases I've seen (Reddit and such) of people being DQ'd earlier than others, but then saw others who received their IL who got DQ'd AFTER them. There's no rhyme or reason by the looks of things. (Of course, their individual applications will vary so that might play a part.)

Incredibly frustrating, I know.

My suggestion to you is if you're that desperate to go back home, you could leave for the US without your partner (very tough, believe me) and just visit each other while everything processes. Otherwise, I'd settle in and try to enjoy things in England that you won't so easily get the chance to once you make that permanent visa jump.

Hold a positive outlook and focus on doing things while you're here in England, rather than desperately refreshing your emails or checking USCIS status. I know it's not news you want to hear, but it's the reality we're all in. You're not alone.

May I recommend you try a Tunnock's teacake if you haven't already with a nice cuppa? Visit the Viking museum in York. Get your fill of fish and chips. Check out any castles close by. Vandalize the King's demonic portrait. Do what you can to stay sane.

Edited by Melancholic Mage

11 hours ago, James1998 said:

Hi guys, I haven’t been dq’d yet but how long did it take for you all to be dq’d after submitting all the documents? Wishing you all speedy interviews!

It took myself 18 days from when myself and my OH submitted all DS-261 documents to be DQ'd. Just under three weeks. 

54 minutes ago, Ambott72 said:

I’ve gone back through this thread and have calculated that we’ve now been waiting longer than anyone else has ever waited in the past year for a CR1/IR1 interview letter at London. 

Me outside the embassy:

tent-camping.gif

Meanwhile in America watching me set up tent outside the embassy:

ugh-donald-trump.gif

On 6/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, Melancholic Mage said:

It took myself 18 days from when myself and my OH submitted all DS-261 documents to be DQ'd. Just under three weeks. 

Hi again, was this without having to re upload anything? Like they accepted all documents first time? They accepted all our documents but my birth certificate so just waiting now for a long version to arrive in the post. Just trying to figure out if it’s a good idea to book a flight to see each other for our anniversary in September (obviously we don’t want to book anything and then have the interview when we are meant to be away together). 

12 minutes ago, James1998 said:

Hi again, was this without having to re upload anything? Like they accepted all documents first time? They accepted all our documents but my birth certificate so just waiting now for a long version to arrive in the post. Just trying to figure out if it’s a good idea to book a flight to see each other for our anniversary in September (obviously we don’t want to book anything and then have the interview when we are meant to be away together). 

No reuploads on my end at any point, my timescale was with everything submitted and accepted first time. 

I understand not making flight plans. I feel the same but I've given up on waiting and plan to go see my partner in August. I was DQ'd a bit later than others and if they haven't heard anything yet, then I'm taking the risk. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.