ENL288

i129f additional documents question (ongoing relationship, wedding plans, travel plans)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jaycel and I just went through this successfully and she arrived here on her K-1 visa just a couple weeks ago. I took the philosophy that I have always taken with the US Government when asking for them to approve something, which is give them so much evidence that they almost "have to" approve you. I can't speak to the embassy requirements in Frankfurt but as far as USCIS, our I-129F package was 109 pages altogether. We sent about 3 dozen pictures (inserted into a word document with captions), most focusing on time we spent together with her family, pictures of our engagement, pictures of us on our first vacation together, etc.. I sent copies of the entry and exit stamps I received when visiting Jaycel in the Philippines. We also included scanned copies of the boarding passes for my flights to and from the Philippines and also for the flights we took together while I was there, hotel reservations and receipts with our names on it, receipts for gifts I gave her, receipts for the engagement ring, and we did include a sample of our messenger chats over the course of our time together. You will see from my timeline that we did get an RFE but that was stupidity on my part as I had a run-in with the law when I was young and got a conviction. I thought I just had to provide the details, but if you have something like that in your past you have to provide certified copies of the court records, which I did not know. However, since our application was so complete, once they received our RFE response giving them my official court disposition, we got our approval a week later. The embassy gets a copy of your I-129F and we had so much info included that Jaycel's interview lasted about 4-5 minutes total and her visa was issued within 3 days of the interview. Give USCIS enough good proof that they feel no hesitation in approving the application.

Edited by Edward and Jaycel

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

If you have them include all train tickets with your names on them! (Like flixtrain, dB etc), all intineraries, boarding passes etc! Photos are just secondary proof so you want the tickets, stamps etc to show that you’ve seen each other the past 2 years ☺️

Timeline
8 hours ago, Pase2323 said:

If you have them include all train tickets with your names on them! (Like flixtrain, dB etc), all intineraries, boarding passes etc! Photos are just secondary proof so you want the tickets, stamps etc to show that you’ve seen each other the past 2 years ☺️

We did take the train once and I did include those tickets with our names on them, albeit they're in German. But they are in there!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Avoid including any communications in which you refer to each other as "husband"/"wife," even if it was in fun.  If such language doesn't hose you at USCIS, it will at the consulate.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Avoid including any communications in which you refer to each other as "husband"/"wife," even if it was in fun.  If such language doesn't hose you at USCIS, it will at the consulate.

I made sure to change contact names and go over the sample messages to make sure there was none of that since we do occasionally! Definitely just in fun and not official, but I've read that it can cause major issues 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.