PK_Bazm

Bringing infant to the USA (Merged threads)

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Playing chess with immigration. 

Aren't there relatives in Pakistan ehi can take care of this baby or it has to go to US only? 

Is this "relative" your MIL's sister? Or is the child her grandchild? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

• powerpuff changed the title to Bringing infant to the USA (Merged threads)
Filed: Other Timeline

To those of you who think there is something fishy going on. The scenarios I have presented are 90% hypothetical. I am trying to get people to bounce off my ideas and tell me right from wrong and give me their invaluable advice.

At the end of the day. No matter what I learn or whatever conclusions I reach. I will have it thoroughly vetted by an immigration lawyer. Of course they don't come cheap, which is why I am gathering as much information as possible so I can maximize my time.

Again, I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to respond to my thread.

13 minutes ago, PK_Bazm said:

To those of you who think there is something fishy going on. The scenarios I have presented are 90% hypothetical. I am trying to get people to bounce off my ideas and tell me right from wrong and give me their invaluable advice.

At the end of the day. No matter what I learn or whatever conclusions I reach. I will have it thoroughly vetted by an immigration lawyer. Of course they don't come cheap, which is why I am gathering as much information as possible so I can maximize my time.

Again, I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to respond to my thread.

Bolded part: you mean, to find a loophole?  Not sure members are participating willingly to your creative exercise... kind of not the purpose of the forum.  

17 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Bolded part: you mean, to find a loophole?  Not sure members are participating willingly to your creative exercise... kind of not the purpose of the forum.  

There is no creative exercise. I spent hours trying to figure out the best solution. It is only sensible too seek advice and opinion of those who have more experience and knowledge than I have. I  really don't know how best to proceed other than dumping money that I don't have on a lawyer.

I believe this is exactly what the purpose of this website is. I have been a member of this forum for over 8 years.  Be assured, I know how this forum works

Edited by PK_Bazm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Still waiting on OP to asmwer me. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

First the child has to be adopted, nothing happens without that happening.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 hours ago, PK_Bazm said:

There is no creative exercise. I spent hours trying to figure out the best solution. It is only sensible too seek advice and opinion of those who have more experience and knowledge than I have. I  really don't know how best to proceed other than dumping money that I don't have on a lawyer.

I believe this is exactly what the purpose of this website is. I have been a member of this forum for over 8 years.  Be assured, I know how this forum works

But you’ve already been given advice on what to do? Namely, pause everything at the NVC stage and don’t get MIL a visa yet. 

Given the child would be at least 7 years away (very rough guess) from a visa, a re-entry permit isn’t going to help and your MIL may well end up losing her green card if she gets it sooner. So just hold off until she is actually in a position to petition the child. 

12 hours ago, Timona said:

Playing chess with immigration. 

Aren't there relatives in Pakistan ehi can take care of this baby or it has to go to US only? 

Is this "relative" your MIL's sister? Or is the child her grandchild? 

Yes you can call it chess. Which is precisely the reason I created this post. I need a simpler way of getting it done amongst other things.  Yes, she is in a big household and someone will be able to take care of her. The person is MIL and she adopted from an orphanage.

However, at the end of the day, she wants the child to come live with her in the USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP has received the advice that can be offered here, and tension among participants is increasing, so this thread is now closed (topic is not to be restarted or resumed elsewhere).  The OP is welcome to consult attorneys, many of whom might offer initial consultations for free or cheap.

Thanks to everyone for their participation.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.