17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So my fiancee attended the interview. Said it was very short and brief, but the officer was pleasant. We are confused though and not sure if we should celebrate, or hold off. At the end of the interview, the officer said their system was acting up today but from what he could see and my partner's answers, (and I'm assuming all the relative documents he handed the first officer) that he sees no reason for a denial, so for him it's basically a "pre approved yes" and then proceeded to take his passport and said he will be notified when to come get his documents and passport. 

Has anyone else had this issue? This was in London for further reference. We are just confused because it wasn't a clear 100% yes or 100% no.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

officers at the embassies don't always give a verbal approval. realistically the verbal approval means nothing.

everyone's case goes through another bout of admin processing after the interview, typically much shorter in comparison to the rest of the process.

the system being down obviously isn't normal, but what the officer said is.

keep an eye on the CEAC tracker, it should update to "approved" or "issued" at some point

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

Timeline
32 minutes ago, MalloryCat said:

officers at the embassies don't always give a verbal approval. realistically the verbal approval means nothing.

everyone's case goes through another bout of admin processing after the interview, typically much shorter in comparison to the rest of the process.

the system being down obviously isn't normal, but what the officer said is.

keep an eye on the CEAC tracker, it should update to "approved" or "issued" at some point

Thanks. We thought from what everyone else said was the interviewing officer is who makes the decision. Guess we were mislead a bit. We'll keep an eye on that status. Any idea about how long that takes after an interview?

2 minutes ago, Amber Thompson said:

Thanks. We thought from what everyone else said was the interviewing officer is who makes the decision. Guess we were mislead a bit. We'll keep an eye on that status. Any idea about how long that takes after an interview?

It varies. Nobody is guaranteed a visa until final Admin Processing has taken place, my status was only AP for about two hours before it changed to 'issued', but it can take a lot longer. If you're a straightforward case though, should be quick, just keep an eye on it. 

Good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Amber Thompson said:

technically they do, but theres still that final check through thats done. thats why the verbal approval is not 100% guaranteed.

completely depends on the embassy.

my fiances visa was marked as issued after 2 days, but obviously thats a different embassy.

if you have a simple case it could be a few hours or a few days.

no harm in being optimistic based on the officer saying they don't see a reason for denial :)

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

1 hour ago, Amber Thompson said:

It's similar to getting congratulations after passing job interview. Until the contract is signed and you get card key to enter the office, it's all just words. Most likely you'll get visa issued soon. But occasionally there are stories of people reporting officer saying everything is great to only get denial later. The words are not legally binding.

You can be optimistic, but I'd keep celebration for later.

Edited by OldUser

3 hours ago, Amber Thompson said:

So my fiancee attended the interview. Said it was very short and brief, but the officer was pleasant. We are confused though and not sure if we should celebrate, or hold off. At the end of the interview, the officer said their system was acting up today but from what he could see and my partner's answers, (and I'm assuming all the relative documents he handed the first officer) that he sees no reason for a denial, so for him it's basically a "pre approved yes" and then proceeded to take his passport and said he will be notified when to come get his documents and passport. 

Has anyone else had this issue? This was in London for further reference. We are just confused because it wasn't a clear 100% yes or 100% no.. 

This happened with us at London embassy..same thing system acting up etc..we got approved the very next day...and got passport back in exactly 2 days..

Timeline
32 minutes ago, maya75 said:

This happened with us at London embassy..same thing system acting up etc..we got approved the very next day...and got passport back in exactly 2 days..

That gives us a little bit more hope. He said the officer was really nice and saif he sees no reason for a denial on everything he saw we turned in so far, so we're just crossing our fingers and hoping to hear a final decision soon. He planned on moving December 26th so we're hoping we find out before then. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I don't see the issue? The interview is NEVER an approval no matter what the CO says, your case is only approved once the CEAC status says so (it said "issued" back when I went through it, but maybe it says "approved" now?). 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Scandi said:

I don't see the issue? The interview is NEVER an approval no matter what the CO says, your case is only approved once the CEAC status says so (it said "issued" back when I went through it, but maybe it says "approved" now?). 

It will now show "approved" and then "issued".

57 minutes ago, Amber Thompson said:

That gives us a little bit more hope. He said the officer was really nice and saif he sees no reason for a denial on everything he saw we turned in so far, so we're just crossing our fingers and hoping to hear a final decision soon. He planned on moving December 26th so we're hoping we find out before then. 

My fiance just interviewed in London last week. He was told "I have no concerns about the validity of your relationship". The officer then outlined what would happen next. I wasn't celebrating until it said issued and then that visa was in his hands, which it is now :) 

Definitely could just be normal processing. It is also possible that they are trying to get the COs away from saying 'approved' or 'denied' at the end of the interviews. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Unless they find out some new information that would make him inadmissible, you're probably good. I was worried as well, the officer seemed to have said to me that all was good and should be approved as soon as my medical got in, but it wasn't a straight approval with me either and the week where it said my visa was 'refused' before it changed to administrative processing and then approved, was uncomfortable to say the least. I also waited with celebrating (and quitting my job and canceling my lease and such) until I had the visa in hand. For me that took 2 weeks as my medical was still on its way, for you that may be shorter. I wouldn't worry about it, although I know I can say that but you still will because I went to this forum for the same answer and was still stressed out until approved and even until delivery of the physical passport with visa. Keep us updated!

Edited by Nous Eb

Don't freak out it CEAC initially says refused. It is a glitch in the system that is used as a placeholder.

Finally done...

Timeline
10 hours ago, Nous Eb said:

Unless they find out some new information that would make him inadmissible, you're probably good. I was worried as well, the officer seemed to have said to me that all was good and should be approved as soon as my medical got in, but it wasn't a straight approval with me either and the week where it said my visa was 'refused' before it changed to administrative processing and then approved, was uncomfortable to say the least. I also waited with celebrating (and quitting my job and canceling my lease and such) until I had the visa in hand. For me that took 2 weeks as my medical was still on its way, for you that may be shorter. I wouldn't worry about it, although I know I can say that but you still will because I went to this forum for the same answer and was still stressed out until approved and even until delivery of the physical passport with visa. Keep us updated!

I definitely will! Thank you!

Timeline

Yes! It is very disheartening to see 'refused', ours was the same due to waiting for the medical to arrive (Visa Medical's error, for the record). My fiance was thankful that the CO explained that is what would happen because it can be so staggering to see that when checking CEAC. 

Ours went from 'refused' to 'approved' to 'issued' :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.