DELTAFOXTROT

US Embassy changes interview Scheduling process starting September 28th

12 posts in this topic

Just saw this from the US Embassy in Manila that all interviews for immigrant and non immigrant interview will have open a new Visa Application Center near the Mall of Asia. Immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applicants seeking interview appointments starting September 28 will be required to schedule a separate appointment at the VAC for photo capture and fingerprint scanning prior to their interview at the U.S. Embassy on Roxas Boulevard. Scheduling will be done through the new and redesigned online appointment system.

U.S. Embassy to Launch New Visa Application Center, Additional Consular Information Services - U.S. Embassy in the Philippines (usembassy.gov)

7 hours ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

Just saw this from the US Embassy in Manila that all interviews for immigrant and non immigrant interview will have open a new Visa Application Center near the Mall of Asia. Immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applicants seeking interview appointments starting September 28 will be required to schedule a separate appointment at the VAC for photo capture and fingerprint scanning prior to their interview at the U.S. Embassy on Roxas Boulevard. Scheduling will be done through the new and redesigned online appointment system.

U.S. Embassy to Launch New Visa Application Center, Additional Consular Information Services - U.S. Embassy in the Philippines (usembassy.gov)

It is unclear to me the significance of the September 28th date. For example, if you made your appointment over a month ago and it is scheduled October, 1st, does this apply to you, or is it for people making appointments after September 28th?

Edited by WCF

3 hours ago, WCF said:

It is unclear to me the significance of the September 28th date. For example, if you made your appointment over a month ago and it is scheduled October, 1st, does this apply to you, or is it for people making appointments after September 28th?

I am reading it that is starts on the 28th, So if you scheduled before the 28th then you are good.

I don't understand why they would put such a burden on an applicant, We scheduled my wife mother for a Tourist Visa Interview last week, for the September 25th, we beat the deadline if we would try to schedule after the 28th then she would of had to fly to Manila just for biometric and a picture, and then fly back to home and back to Manila for her interview.

I dont' get it, this seems very stupid to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, WCF said:

Since it doesn't open until 9/28, I would think the new procedure will apply to those that do not yet have an existing interview already scheduled by that date.

If you take their statement literally, "Applicants who have scheduled a visa interview before September 28 will not be affected by this change and should proceed directly to their appointment at the Embassy," the word "scheduled" should be omitted if it applied to the actual interview date, rather than the date it was scheduled.

I guess we will find out in a few weeks!

According to this article: https://www.boundless.com/blog/u-s-embassy-philippines-open-new-application-center-and-appointment-system/

The extra steps are required for appointments scheduled on or after September 28th

Hopefully we can schedule the two appointments in the same day, or at worse back to back days.

Otherwise those of us who are coming from Mindanao are SOL and will have an extra plane ticket to book.

In theory this should open up more slots for the actual visa interview, but this is the federal government and common sense usually doesn't prevail. 

On 9/7/2024 at 4:20 AM, DELTAFOXTROT said:

I am reading it that is starts on the 28th, So if you scheduled before the 28th then you are good.

I don't understand why they would put such a burden on an applicant, We scheduled my wife mother for a Tourist Visa Interview last week, for the September 25th, we beat the deadline if we would try to schedule after the 28th then she would of had to fly to Manila just for biometric and a picture, and then fly back to home and back to Manila for her interview.

I dont' get it, this seems very stupid to me.

20 hours ago, RufusDawes said:

Hopefully we can schedule the two appointments in the same day, or at worse back to back days.

Otherwise those of us who are coming from Mindanao are SOL and will have an extra plane ticket to book.

In theory this should open up more slots for the actual visa interview, but this is the federal government and common sense usually doesn't prevail. 

I agree.  This will be a big hardship and increase costs a lot, for many, with a huge burden on those who have to travel far for the appointments.  Seems highly unlikely that the appointments could be same day or even synchronized in some way.  I'm glad my wife and step-daughter still have a lot years left on their tourist visas.

Also, most likely the VAC is outsourced.  This is a cost saving move.  Many countries outsource the biometrics.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

On 9/9/2024 at 7:54 AM, Swafford25 said:

According to this article: https://www.boundless.com/blog/u-s-embassy-philippines-open-new-application-center-and-appointment-system/

The extra steps are required for appointments scheduled on or after September 28th

UGH. This is so confusing and a major problem for those of us that have interviews scheduled!

Timeline
1 hour ago, WCF said:

UGH. This is so confusing and a major problem for those of us that have interviews scheduled!

If you already have an interview scheduled, it does not affect you. This is only for those attempting to schedule a new interview on or after 9/28/2024. 

2024-09-11_11-01-47.png

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

Thanks for the heads up! Our K-1 case was just approved by USCIS today. There's no chance we'll get through NVC stage and have interview scheduled by Sept 28. Here's hoping the new system is improved!

Edited by Spicy Chickenjoy

I-129F Shipped: 6/8/2024

I-129F NOA1: 6/10/2024

I-129F NOA2: 9/10/2024

NVC Received:

Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned:    

NVC Left:    

Consulate Received:

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Spicy Chickenjoy said:

Thanks for the heads up! Our K-1 case was just approved by USCIS today. There's no chance we'll get through NVC stage and have interview scheduled by Sept 28. Here's hoping the new system is improved!

Congrats!!

K1 Visa
EventDate

Service Center :California Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate :Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :2023-09-16

I-129F NOA1 :2023-09-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2024-05-20

RFE Reply(s) :2024-06-01

I-129F NOA2 :2024-06-11

NVC Received :2024-06-18

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2024-07-01

NVC Left :2024-07-16

Consulate Received :2024-07-18

Packet 3 Received :2024-07-28

Packet 3 Sent :2024-07-28

Interview Date :2024-08-13 icon13.gif Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved!!

Visa Received : 2024-08-20

US Entry : 2024-08-30

Marriage : 2024-10-25

Comments :

Processing Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 265 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 328 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Spicy Chickenjoy said:

Congrats Spicy.  We filed a few days after you did so we are hoping for an approval soon.  The extra trip from Cebu is not really that big a deal for me.  Sure it is a hassle and a day long trip, hotel room and trip back the next day.  Americans are rich donchakknow?   We can afford the extra $500 USD if we really love our Filipinas.  Right? 

I'm kidding of course.  Just another layer of BS for those of us who want to do things legally instead of walking across the Mexico border.

Edited by thonati

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.