maya75

misspelled name on GC

4 posts in this topic

Hello all..We just noticed on our interview appointment letter my middle name is misspelled...They have already issued my green card but I can not afford to rectify it now as my job starts in one week. can I just enter Usa and start working and latter get it rectified as I understand it take 30 days or more to get it sorted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, maya75 said:

Hello all..We just noticed on our interview appointment letter my middle name is misspelled...They have already issued my green card but I can not afford to rectify it now as my job starts in one week. can I just enter Usa and start working and latter get it rectified as I understand it take 30 days or more to get it sorted.

Im a little confused. 
Are you still outside the US with an immigrant visa in your passport?   

If yes, what is the name spelling on B your visa .. does it match your passport ? 

19 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Im a little confused. 
Are you still outside the US with an immigrant visa in your passport?   

If yes, what is the name spelling on B your visa .. does it match your passport ? 

yes I am outside USA . I got my IR5 visa done in london embassy.my middle name is misspelled by one alphabet..instead of Marla..Its Maral..a is misplaced so no it does not match my passport 

Edited by maya75

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, maya75 said:

yes I am outside USA . I got my IR5 visa done in london embassy.my middle name is misspelled by one alphabet..instead of Marla..Its Maral..a is misplaced so no it does not match my passport 

You will need to get the Consulate to correct this before you travel   This incorrect spelling will cause many, many  issues with moving forward as your documentation will not be consistent across the documents. Sorry. But you need to take the time NOW,  before your enter the US 

just correcting your terminology

Your Immigrant visa has been issued .. not your “Green Card”

Your Green Card is only issued after you have both entered the US on your immigrant visa AND paid the GC fee

The GC is the document which shows your Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status. You become an LPR the moment you are permitted entry into the US.. and not before 

Edited by Lil bear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.