Alex3132428

Proof of Relationship [merged threads]

16 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new here! 

I am very excited that after a long year and a half that my girlfriend (Mexico) and I (USA) have made the decision to file for the K-1 Visa and get married! I already have an attorney helping me, however I was told that I need to be able to provide call logs from when we met to now. I unfortunately made the mistake of having Snapchat as our main form of communication. After taking a long time and finally finding a way to contact someone from Snapchat, I was told that whatever I have under the reports section on my app is what they have. Unfortunately, it only includes the last thirty days of our calls, however it has time stamps for every message we have sent to each other. I am upset at myself because we have so many long calls and conversations on the app that we have no proof of. Is this going to be an issue when I work with the attorney to file? Thanks for any information in advance. 

Screenshot_20240831-1906232.thumb.png.f4c14f8ae72ab970ab03c6ea0aac7e01.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
50 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

We didn’t include any screenshots of text messages, calls or other communication methods. We solely focused on in person evidence. 

Same! We used Google Chat for a lot of our communication and the calls were not something that was easy to show, and the messages weren't timestamped the best so we skipped it.

I included an overview of our relationship in my intent to marry letter to better define how long we have been together. We submitted boarding passes, flight receipts, hotel receipts, his ESTA showing me as his contact in the USA, and his I-94. We also submitted pictures as well :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seems like you need a better attorney.  You could save a lot of money, get better advice, and get a perfect K-1 application submitted by using an agency that specializes in K-1's.  These agencies uses paralegals. That is what I did, and their advice and knowledge was far superior to the attorney that I consulted.

I'm not here to give them free marketing, etc.. but if you message me I can share who it is if you really need help to find a good one. 

Edited by W199

Focus on the evidence that you do have, as mentioned above. 

Also, you do not need an attorney or agency for this. It is a pretty easy process, as long as you can read and follow instructions. 

Timeline
On 9/1/2024 at 8:02 PM, W199 said:

Seems like you need a better attorney.  You could save a lot of money, get better advice, and get a perfect K-1 application submitted by using an agency that specializes in K-1's.  These agencies uses paralegals. That is what I did, and their advice and knowledge was far superior to the attorney that I consulted.

I'm not here to give them free marketing, etc.. but if you message me I can share who it is if you really need help to find a good one. 

I've done both, submitted myself and earlier paid $$$ to a legal firm.  I will say that Visa Journey provides all the resources you need to do it yourself.  Looking back and what the legal firm did (and didn't do), I do not feel they had a significant value-add at all.  Perhaps if the case goes sideways and needs intervention, sure.

07/25/2024: Meet at Manila Airport

08/09/2024: Petitioner return to United States

08/27/2024: I-129F sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS

08/29/2024: Packet arrived at Texas PO Box

09/03/2024: Amex was chargedNOA1 Hard Copy Sent

09/09/2024: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Email 
xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/20xx: NVC Case Number Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC affirms case is valid to proceed

xx/xx/20xx: NVC forwards Case to Manila Embassy (email)

xx/xx/20xx: DS160 Filed online

xx/xx/20xx: Fee paid, interview scheduled for xx xxx, registered for Medical
xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 1

xx/xx/20xx: Medical screen

xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 2

xx/xx/20xx: Medical immunizations
xx/xx/20xx: Interview

xx/xx/20xx: APPROVED!
xx/xx/20xx: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/20xx: POE at Indianapolis Airport

xx/xx/20xx: Married

Timeline
On 9/3/2024 at 12:07 PM, Killowatts said:

I've done both, submitted myself and earlier paid $$$ to a legal firm.  I will say that Visa Journey provides all the resources you need to do it yourself.  Looking back and what the legal firm did (and didn't do), I do not feel they had a significant value-add at all.  Perhaps if the case goes sideways and needs intervention, sure.

Same, I've done it both ways too. When I did it myself, it went very fast and easy.  But my situation is far more compex now. So this last time used a paralegal agency that specializes in K-1/CR-1 visas for the Philippines.   It was only $600 and was priceless.  They save me countless hours or research, and made the process from start to finish go a lot faster (compared to as if I followed other peoples advice) and provided more accurate and useful info than what you'd get for free, and answered countless questions along the way and continue to help with Filipino specific issues. They also saved my about $30K in taxes by helping me get this done before the end of the year allowing me to file taxes as married jointly. If I followed the process that other people suggested, we wouldn't have luckily gotten the issue so fast. 

Most importantly my case almost got denied, due to something I had long forgotten about, and they guided me to the right and best way to apply for a waiver. My case would probably have been denied if I applied for the waiver myself without their guidance or followed other people's advice. 

They added so much value, I used them for the EAP/AP/GC, which was well worth the time and hassle I saved, and we got the EAP/AP and GC incredibly fast, without any stress or hassle with the pile of paperwork

So yeah,  if your case is simple or even if it is not so simple, you can do it yourself.  I hate paying someone to do paperwork for me, and otherwise quite capable, but knew when I was in over my head due to multiple complexities.  So  do not put down how useful an Agency can be. That agency is quite busy so surely many other customers feel the same and give them referrals.  For many people, it will be a life saver.  I would guess for the majority of people, yeah, they don't need. But proceed at your own risk, time, and stress.

Edited by W199

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Our petition was approved without providing any chats. You should be fine without them, provided you show hard evidence of having met (which is the threshold of the i-129f petition). 
KJ2024 has pointed out the best evidence. 

Edited by Yareth

Reading is what? Fun-da-men-tal!

especially during your Visa Journey

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

I am from the United States and my girlfriend who I want to marry is from Mexico. We met on a dating app and have been dating for over a year. We talk on Snapchat every day. We are getting ready to start the k1 visa, and I was writing my intent to marry letter today, I mentioned in the beginning that there was a language barrier between us, because she only knew Spanish and me English. Since dating and being at Mexico 4 times, we have issues sometimes but use Google translate for what we do not understand. Will this be an issue when my girlfriend goes for her interview? Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline