DELTAFOXTROT

Student Visa from Philippines - Why does the US Embassy push this visa so much and advertise it

35 posts in this topic

Why does the US Embassy in Manila always mention Student Visas on their Facebook page?

It seems as if once a week whomever does their facebook posts (and you can tell it's not a US Citizen) always pushes student visas?

I understand it's a fairly easy and simple visa to get, and even during Covid lockdowns they were expediting the appointment

I have one friend in USA they have petitioned 3 relatives of his wife family and they are all over here studying at a community college to be nurses, I think in USA if you go to a community college for 2 years then you can sit for NCLEX exam and become a Registered Nurse in the USA, where it takes 4 year if you are educated outside of the USA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not do Facebook but perhaps they are asked about them a lot.

Not expedited but generally F visa appointments are quick to get.

You do not petition Student visas, presumably they are wealthy and provided financial support.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

I think in USA if you go to a community college for 2 years then you can sit for NCLEX exam and become a Registered Nurse in the USA,

It depends on the nursing program, the accreditation, and the laws applicable to each state's licensing board. But you are correct that are 2 year RN degree programs inside the US....at least there were 30+ years ago when I received my Nursing degree from one. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

To work as a Nurse you still need work authorisation like anyone else would to work.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

They “push” student visas because they constantly get questions about student visas and hope to get correct answers out so people don’t get bad information.

And, US colleges and universities want a diverse student population — it’s good for the educational program and the financial needs of the school.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Philippines:

4 years BSN.

USA:

- Two years community college allows you to take NCLEX to take the following upon completion.

A. When are enrolled for two years nursing, after completion of the first year, you can take NCLX-PN (practical nursing) where you can work as a nurse -LPN. while proceeding to finish the other year to complete the two years, where it allows you to take NCLEX-RN. but. take note after this you can work and add another year to become an RN-BSN. Different system.

note: 

Any school advertised everywhere and if any school can recruit international students is way better as the tuition fees are times three if not more than the locals.

18 hours ago, jan22 said:

And, US colleges and universities want a diverse student population — it’s good for the educational program and the financial needs of the school.

Maybe it is diversity, but more likely it is because of the higher fees they can charge.  Some colleges actively recruit foreign students in order to fund the school that would otherwise be defunct.  

Finally done.

20 hours ago, jan22 said:

They “push” student visas because they constantly get questions about student visas and hope to get correct answers out so people don’t get bad information.

Nope, Cuz I see them get asked daily about why is it taking so long for a CR1 visa to get and appointment and the person has never answered that questions in years.  I always reply to them you should of done a K1 instead.

They do seem to mention the Allie and partnership the USA and Philippines have when it comes to military conflict with China, or trying to push Pride Month.

The US Embassy in Manila deals more with VA opening and closing, outreach etc, the only visa they ever mention is the Student Visa, I wonder if the person who is doing their FB account (The person isn't an American I can tell by what they post) is pushing these Student Visa.

21 hours ago, Boiler said:

To work as a Nurse you still need work authorisation like anyone else would to work.

I don't see any of them trying to get jobs here, they are living here going to community colleges for now, and trying to get the classes they want at the local community colleges

They are living the USA lifestyle

21 hours ago, Boiler said:

I do not do Facebook but perhaps they are asked about them a lot.

Not expedited but generally F visa appointments are quick to get.

You do not petition Student visas, presumably they are wealthy and provided financial support.

Not wealthy, He said you only need like $25k in the bank to sponsor for a student visa, they live in a average house, but both husband and wife work.

I went over yesterday to their house for dinner, they have 2 student visa living there that is the wife relatives, the 3rd went back home didn't like it in the USA.

And there was her sister just got to the USA and staying like almost 6 months with her boyfriend who has a Singapore Passport and 3 year old child from Philippines.  The Singapore guy told me at the tourist visa interview which he was able to attend I guess since the kid was only 3 years old his gf and son got US Tourist Visas approved since he had Singapore Passport.   He said he can only stay 3 months in USA and the US wants like $500 to renew his visa, so he is gonna go to Mexico for a day and re enter and reset his passport.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

Not wealthy, He said you only need like $25k in the bank to sponsor for a student visa, they live in a average house, but both husband and wife work.

I went over yesterday to their house for dinner, they have 2 student visa living there that is the wife relatives, the 3rd went back home didn't like it in the USA.

And there was her sister just got to the USA and staying like almost 6 months with her boyfriend who has a Singapore Passport and 3 year old child from Philippines.  The Singapore guy told me at the tourist visa interview which he was able to attend I guess since the kid was only 3 years old his gf and son got US Tourist Visas approved since he had Singapore Passport.   He said he can only stay 3 months in USA and the US wants like $500 to renew his visa, so he is gonna go to Mexico for a day and re enter and reset his passport.

Paying for someone's education in the US suggests they must be pretty wealthy, we all know it is not cheap.

The Singapore guy, well it is 90 days and not $500, but please let us know how it goes when he try to reset his passport.

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Paying for someone's education in the US suggests they must be pretty wealthy, we all know it is not cheap.

The Singapore guy, well it is 90 days and not $500, but please let us know how it goes when he try to reset his passport.

Incorrect

He get a 90 day entry with his visa.  

If he want to extend it, then it around $500, Extend means to stay beyond his 90 days. 

Timeline
Just now, DELTAFOXTROT said:

Incorrect

If he want to extend it, then it around $500, Extend means to stay beyond his 90 days. 

Which visa does he have?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

Yep. Visiting Canada or a Mexico for a reset ….  Mmmmmm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

Incorrect

Successful extension applications  of a visitor visa ..  see that ALL the time .. not.  Spend the $475, apply then deal with the long period before it’s denied c and v the impact of overstaying .. bye bye B2 visa .,  

Im am genuinely concerned that the your information just doesn’t reflect the  reality of the visa world in many many ways 😓

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.