Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 hours ago, Irish89 said:

Well that sounds great!! Do you mind sharing where you applied for it? The initial police clearance I got I went to an accredited fingerprinting company. Just wondering what the absolute fastest way is for me to get it!! TIA

I got fingerprinting through a local company and they send it out. I found it to be the fastest as I got it back in less than 2 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Irish89 said:

The only thing I can say is that your time will come guys. It’s a waiting game no matter whether you file a WOM or choose not to it’s still months upon months waiting for answers but just know that it’s coming to you. It’s just a matter of time!! If any one has any questions feel free to dm me!! 

Stay strong everyone!! 

Congratulations.. after 15 months in AP the wait is pretty much over for you.  Nothing but a waiting game indeed!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Irish89 said:

Oh I wanted to ask anyone who’s had to get the police certificate. Does it really take 4-6 weeks to receive it in the mail? Or is there a a way to get it sooner than that? TIA

Where are you?  My husband had it done in Toronto.  Turn around time 2 weeks

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Irish89 said:

I’m in Toronto. Do you mind sharing the company where your husband had it done? 

Not at all.  Canadian Forensics, Inc.  1370 Don Mills Road #210x. North York Tel#416/269-1717.  $84.75 Cost.  Fingerprinting included, and RCMP Nat’l Repository Entire Holding + Certified Criminal Record check.  He did it back in September, 2022, so it’s been a while.  You may want to ask if price/turn around time still holds.  Good luck 🤞🏻 

Timeline

I went to Globeia at Victoria Park & St Clair in Toronto on November 8 2023, the RCMP mailed my report on the 15th and received it on Nov 17.

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

17 hours ago, Irish89 said:

Hi folks. Wanted to share the good news that we got the long awaited email to send the consulate my passport and complete a medical and police certificate. I also have to update my DS-260 form. I had sent an email to them requesting an update on April 30th. Never received a response to that email, only an Update on May 23rd, followed up with updates on May 28th, June 6th, June 11th and June 12th. And then the email on June 14th. Lucky for us it progressed pretty quickly. 

it’s a tough road and I honestly feel so sorry for everyone on here being in this dreadful situation. It’s been over 15 months since my interview and probably the toughest 15 months in my life being apart from my wife. The only thing I can say is that your time will come guys. It’s a waiting game no matter whether you file a WOM or choose not to it’s still months upon months waiting for answers but just know that it’s coming to you. It’s just a matter of time!! If any one has any questions feel free to dm me!! 

Stay strong everyone!! 

Congratulations, good luck regarding your move to US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Irish89 said:

I’m in Toronto. Do you mind sharing the company where your husband had it done? 

If you’re downtown, I went to CII Fingerprinting on Bloor and St George and they were great. 

Timeline
On 6/15/2024 at 9:32 PM, Irish89 said:

Hi folks. Wanted to share the good news that we got the long awaited email to send the consulate my passport and complete a medical and police certificate. I also have to update my DS-260 form. I had sent an email to them requesting an update on April 30th. Never received a response to that email, only an Update on May 23rd, followed up with updates on May 28th, June 6th, June 11th and June 12th. And then the email on June 14th. Lucky for us it progressed pretty quickly. 

it’s a tough road and I honestly feel so sorry for everyone on here being in this dreadful situation. It’s been over 15 months since my interview and probably the toughest 15 months in my life being apart from my wife. The only thing I can say is that your time will come guys. It’s a waiting game no matter whether you file a WOM or choose not to it’s still months upon months waiting for answers but just know that it’s coming to you. It’s just a matter of time!! If any one has any questions feel free to dm me!! 

Stay strong everyone!! 

Congratulations!!

That is a great news. We all have been waiting for some positive news to keep our morale high.

Thank you for sharing the news  🙏 😊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.