Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

U are free to travel in and out of the country as Canadian… but you can’t immigrate because of national security reasons… that they can’t disclose

Truly asinine 🤪

My case was on DS5535 for one month and MTL consulate has been only replying to the congressman inquiry saying that the case is currently under administrative processing.  Today the consulate responded to my email inquiry sent on May 21.  Saying that my case is pending review by a consular officer.  Does it imply that the case is back from DS5535 review in DC?  Or if it is just a nothing burger.  Thanks!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Halioak said:

My case was on DS5535 for one month and MTL consulate has been only replying to the congressman inquiry saying that the case is currently under administrative processing.  Today the consulate responded to my email inquiry sent on May 21.  Saying that my case is pending review by a consular officer.  Does it imply that the case is back from DS5535 review in DC?  Or if it is just a nothing burger.  Thanks!

Sign in to the CEAC website to check for updates (new date) and if the language is different.  Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, CarmenD said:

Truly asinine 🤪

It most certainly is!  My fiancee’s interview was Jan 23rd 2024. Consular officer said she was approved for her visa and kept her passport. 21 days later she gets an email requesting her to fill out the DS5535. No updates since

Timeline
On 6/10/2024 at 8:56 AM, Liz4356 said:

Hey all, unfortunately I am joining this club :( Given a DS-5535 at my K1 interview on June 7th in Montreal. No idea why...I have no ties to MENA countries, do not work in tech, never had border issues. They gave me my passport back, looks like we are in it for the long haul 😭

Welcome to the club 🥲 I had my interview on May 3rd for the K-1 as well, same boat as you, but at least it’s good to know we’re not the only ones here! 

Timeline

My interview was on May 3rd, I sent an email to the consulate on May 4th because I forgot to include some information on the form when I filled it out, and they only just got back to me on May 28th with NOT an automated response, however the response basically only says “thanks for inquiring, your status is still refused until your AP is finished” and nothing about updating my info or adding the info to my case 🥲 oh well, an update is an update! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mariagomez said:

My interview was on May 3rd, I sent an email to the consulate on May 4th because I forgot to include some information on the form when I filled it out, and they only just got back to me on May 28th with NOT an automated response, however the response basically only says “thanks for inquiring, your status is still refused until your AP is finished” and nothing about updating my info or adding the info to my case 🥲 oh well, an update is an update! 

I submitted my DS5535 yesterday and also emailed them a PDF of it as some of my travel info didn’t fit - obviously haven’t heard back yet.  

My CEAC status hasn’t updated since it turned to REFUSED on Friday.

Glad we are in this together though. Did they give you your passport back? 

Timeline
Just now, Liz4356 said:

I submitted my DS5535 yesterday and also emailed them a PDF of it as some of my travel info didn’t fit - obviously haven’t heard back yet.  

My CEAC status hasn’t updated since it turned to REFUSED on Friday.

Glad we are in this together though. Did they give you your passport back? 

Yeah! I got my passport back during my interview, they gave me a piece of paper that tells me how to send it back securely through mail and they told me once the AP was done and I was told to send it back I could go ahead and follow the instructions. For now, we just wait! 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, mariagomez said:

Yeah! I got my passport back during my interview, they gave me a piece of paper that tells me how to send it back securely through mail and they told me once the AP was done and I was told to send it back I could go ahead and follow the instructions. For now, we just wait! 

yup, same thing with me

Timeline
23 hours ago, Ryan17 said:

It most certainly is!  My fiancee’s interview was Jan 23rd 2024. Consular officer said she was approved for her visa and kept her passport. 21 days later she gets an email requesting her to fill out the DS5535. No updates since

Ugh 😩 Horrible 😤 So sorry to learn this for her.  That is cruel and unusual punishment.  Any clue as to what might have triggered it (if anything)?  

Timeline
22 hours ago, Superluminal said:

I've made a few updates to reflect recent DMs on the locked spreadsheet. I have had very few people reach out to me to provide updates to this tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit#gid=0

Please let me know if you want me to make any specific updates. However, I do feel the community in general prefers to use the open tracker.

Today (June 13, 2024), I have received the reply to my email sent on May 23, 2024. Here is the  response:

"Please note that as soon as the administrative processing of your case is complete, you will be provided with the necessary instructions to renew expired documents such as your medical report."

My file status remained same as expected and status date updated to  June 13.

The email confirms that DS 5535 is still under review.

Fyi only:  Jan 24, 2024 was my interview. My medical expires in 2 days.

53 minutes ago, JanMontrealDS5535 said:

Today (June 13, 2024), I have received the reply to my email sent on May 23, 2024. Here is the  response:

"Please note that as soon as the administrative processing of your case is complete, you will be provided with the necessary instructions to renew expired documents such as your medical report."

My file status remained same as expected and status date updated to  June 13.

The email confirms that DS 5535 is still under review.

Fyi only:  Jan 24, 2024 was my interview. My medical expires in 2 days.

It seems that it takes 3 weeks to get a response.  My inquiry sent on May 21 was responded on June 11.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.