Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2024 at 12:51 AM, Audra Rose said:

Hey guys. New to the club that none of us want to be in :( We got DS-5535d on May 3, I thought it was going to be a quick turnaround and recently learned it won't be. Very sad and hope they get their ####### together soon 😭😭

Sorry to hear. Do you know what might be the reason for ds5535?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, Cholte cholte said:

Has anybody tried the Immigrant Visa Navigator? Also, is this information correct?

If your case is undergoing Administrative Processing, please do not send any documentation until you receive an email from the Immigrant Visa Section at the U.S. Consulate General Montreal, unless otherwise specified.  If your administrative processing has been pending more than six months, please contact us.

How to access the Immigrant Visa Navigator?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received a status update today (May 29). 

Anyone else received an update recently ? 

My visa status is still refused, just date has been updated from April 9th to May 29.

On 5/26/2024 at 5:58 PM, CL23 said:

I’m curious if you have had any updates on your file since your children’s were activated? 

On 5/28/2024 at 12:39 PM, Halioak said:

My guess is once someone needs to wait for >3months, there is a good chance that they would need to get new medical exam or police certificate, which further delays things.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

I had another update yesterday. I still think its related to a previous email.

In my experience, you get update related to email on same day you receive reply from consulate after few days of your inquiry email. If you have not received email from consulate, it is quite possible that DC is working on your DS-5535 file and that triggered the update.

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
21 hours ago, JanMontrealDS5535 said:

I received a status update today (May 29). 

Anyone else received an update recently ? 

My visa status is still refused, just date has been updated from April 9th to May 29.

We haven’t had one since March 8th but that gives me hope maybe we will see one soon. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, CL23 said:

We haven’t had one since March 8th but that gives me hope maybe we will see one soon. 

Eventually, there will be an update. Stay strong and positive.

I recently requested my passport so may be this update is after that request. There was no auto reply for my email. Just status update.

37 minutes ago, Cholte cholte said:

I sent an email yesterday (May 29) enquring about the status. Got a generic email asking em to use the Visa Navigator. Not sure if I will see any updates to my case.

The email you get same day is generated by email server (Subject: Automatic reply:.....) and it does not trigger any case update.

Hey there folks. I had sent the consulate an email on April 30th. On May 23rd I got an update on CEAC and waited for the consulate to email their boilerplate response. It never came. I then got another update on May 28th and again waited for an email. Still haven’t received an email yet. Not sure what significance any of these updates have as they were triggered by my email on April 30th.

I do know one person who also emailed the consulate on April 30th and recieved the boilerplate response on May 23rd. And oddly enough Superluminal sent an email on April 30th and also recieved updates on May 23 and 28th. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.