Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

Doesn’t hurt to try. I’ve tried everyone, including congressman, senator, even the White House. No help at the end of the day. 

Yes.  No positive outcome. The senators for my state are both Republicans, so I doubt they would do anything but ignore me.  The Congressperson for my district (a Democrat) has inquired twice.  Same useless reply to those requests.  I’ve emailed the WH (President, VP and help with a Federal Agency.) Not receiving receipt acknowledgements anymore.

Timeline
On 5/26/2024 at 5:58 PM, CL23 said:

I’m curious if you have had any updates on your file since your children’s were activated? 

There were no updates on my file when children got visa activated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/26/2024 at 7:58 PM, CL23 said:

I’m curious if you have had any updates on your file since your children’s were activated? 

Independent cases.  Unlikely to trigger anything, especially because the kids' cases are essentially "case closed". 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

21 hours ago, Audra Rose said:

Hey guys. New to the club that none of us want to be in :( We got DS-5535d on May 3, I thought it was going to be a quick turnaround and recently learned it won't be. Very sad and hope they get their ####### together soon 😭😭

I was given 201g on May 8th. I am not sure if most people would be waiting for>6months or if this forum is collection of people who waited for longer time since people waited for a few weeks without any urgency of getting the visas probably wont bother with coming here to learn more about it.  The sample size on that spreadsheet is very small compared with >300 visas issued monthly from MTL.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Halioak said:

I was given 201g on May 8th. I am not sure if most people would be waiting for>6months or if this forum is collection of people who waited for longer time since people waited for a few weeks without any urgency of getting the visas probably wont bother with coming here to learn more about it.  The sample size on that spreadsheet is very small compared with >300 visas issued monthly from MTL.

It’s so hard to know.. it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to be honest! I am curious if others get processed faster though, or if everyone who gets this form is waiting 6+ months. 

2 minutes ago, CL23 said:

It’s so hard to know.. it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to be honest! I am curious if others get processed faster though, or if everyone who gets this form is waiting 6+ months. 

My guess is once someone needs to wait for >3months, there is a good chance that they would need to get new medical exam or police certificate, which further delays things.

Has anybody tried the Immigrant Visa Navigator? Also, is this information correct?

If your case is undergoing Administrative Processing, please do not send any documentation until you receive an email from the Immigrant Visa Section at the U.S. Consulate General Montreal, unless otherwise specified.  If your administrative processing has been pending more than six months, please contact us.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Cholte cholte said:

Has anybody tried the Immigrant Visa Navigator? Also, is this information correct?

If your case is undergoing Administrative Processing, please do not send any documentation until you receive an email from the Immigrant Visa Section at the U.S. Consulate General Montreal, unless otherwise specified.  If your administrative processing has been pending more than six months, please contact us.

We emailed consulate after 5 moths of interview with a specific question.  That was answered after 10 days and then sent another status inquiry email after 6 months of interview and got generic reply after 24 days.

Edited by Leo The Great

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Halioak said:

The sample size on that spreadsheet is very small compared with >300 visas issued monthly from MTL.

True. Most of applicants get their visas without AP and few gets 221g each month and may not be actively participating in discussion and choose not to put their information in the spreadsheet.

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
4 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

If your administrative processing has been pending more than six months, please contact us.

I’d bet everyone active in this forum has contacted the Montréal Consulate once case hits 6 months in AP.  The reply will be the Automatic cookie cutter one when enquiring about case status 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.