Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/20/2024 at 8:52 PM, ak47 said:

Hello All,

Did any of the folks from Jan, Feb, Mar & Apr 2023 received any updates ?

It would help us a lot in knowing if any of the files are moving for the early 2023 DS-5535 candidates.

Thanks.

No updates. My interview was April 13, 2023. 

7 hours ago, Sisa24 said:

According to the track sheet, your interview / ds5535 submission was on January 2024. Wouldn’t it be too early for WOM?

It's been 1 year since my i130 was approved now. Just to get to interview stage was painful enough. For me it's worth the money to file and try at least to speed things up (job offer in hand and company luckily is fine with waiting until my green card is finalized). Doesn't hurt to try.

Timeline
5 hours ago, sikeDS-5535dbyMTL said:

It’s worth the money to file and try at least to speed things up

Way too soon.  If you’ve got the 💵 to spend, more power to you.  It will get dismissed, and I wish you luck in that at least it might get the Consulate to move your case along, but I doubt it .. ☮️ to you

Timeline
11 hours ago, tas005 said:

How to contact congressman? Every state has a congressman or every city and what should we tell them so they can send an email on our behalf? please guide me on this, we will also try this. Thanks

I’ve sent you a private message

8 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Got my first update in almost 2 months. I sent them an email back on April 30th so I expect they only just started looking into that now. 

We also sent an email end of April beginning of May and received the standard reply email May 22 with corresponding update on CEAC. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Nothing back yet. Just an updated on CEAC.

Thank you - my husband (Irish89 on the spreadsheet) also emailed them on 4/30 and got an update on CEAC yesterday but no email from them. This is the first time we have not gotten an email reply along with a CEAC update. Not sure what that means but figured we would mention it here. 

Edited by Endlesslywaiting

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Endlesslywaiting said:

Thank you - my husband (Irish89 on the spreadsheet) also emailed them on 4/30 and got an update on CEAC yesterday but no email from them. This is the first time we have not gotten an email reply along with a CEAC update. Not sure what that means but figured we would mention it here. 

Last time I had a CEAC update, the email followed up 4 business days later and then got a 2nd CEAC update on the same day.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Superluminal said:

Last time I had a CEAC update, the email followed up 4 business days later and then got a 2nd CEAC update on the same day.

1 minute ago, Superluminal said:

I had the same kind of update with an email two days later and another CEAC date update. I believe that just means that they just open your file on the day they send you an email.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ak47 said:

I had the same kind of update with an email two days later and another CEAC date update. I believe that just means that they just open your file on the day they send you an email.

Same here. Today we got generic response to our inquiry email after 23 days and that triggered the date update 

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
On 5/22/2024 at 11:19 PM, tas005 said:

How to contact congressman? Every state has a congressman or every city and what should we tell them so they can send an email on our behalf? please guide me on this, we will also try this. Thanks

Doesn’t hurt to try. I’ve tried everyone, including congressman, senator, even the White House. No help at the end of the day. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.