Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,497 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, anotheronewaiting said:

Hi,

Our timelines are similar. I will post our timeframe below for your reference since we just got to the final step for my fiance's K1.

My fiance also has a nexus, and his passport has been with the consulate since August 2023, back when we interviewed. He has been able to cross with his nexus without issue, even up to the point of his visa getting issued. I think you will be fine to visit as long as your pick up/cross with your visa within the expected timeframe.

Here is our timeline:

NOA1: October 4, 2021

RFE: January 2023

NOA2: March 22, 2023

Interview: August 15th, 2023

Sent DS5535 back the same day as the interview

WOM filed January 2024 - which did nothing for our case 

8/1/24 Consulate requested passport back (even though they still had it... lol) and repeat medical

9/3/24 Repeat medical

10/7/24 Case approved

10/9/24 Issued

10/10/24 Ready for pick up (since we picked the pick up location as close as possible to the consulate to try to get it asap)

Here's to hoping AOS is better for all of us! 

Happy ending, best of luck. I've been waiting since April 2023. The same WOM did nothing, the congressional email did nothing, and the wait continued!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, anotheronewaiting said:

Hi,

Our timelines are similar. I will post our timeframe below for your reference since we just got to the final step for my fiance's K1.

My fiance also has a nexus, and his passport has been with the consulate since August 2023, back when we interviewed. He has been able to cross with his nexus without issue, even up to the point of his visa getting issued. I think you will be fine to visit as long as your pick up/cross with your visa within the expected timeframe.

Here is our timeline:

NOA1: October 4, 2021

RFE: January 2023

NOA2: March 22, 2023

Interview: August 15th, 2023

Sent DS5535 back the same day as the interview

WOM filed January 2024 - which did nothing for our case 

8/1/24 Consulate requested passport back (even though they still had it... lol) and repeat medical

9/3/24 Repeat medical

10/7/24 Case approved

10/9/24 Issued

10/10/24 Ready for pick up (since we picked the pick up location as close as possible to the consulate to try to get it asap)

Here's to hoping AOS is better for all of us! 

Thanks so much; this is very reassuring.  

11 hours ago, EveK said:

For the updated medical, now Covid 19 booster vaccine is a requirement and currently its not available in Ontario until Oct 28th i think. Will the consulate accept medical without the covid 19 vaccine if doctor indicates N/A? 

Same question. I have posted in a number of threads but no response yet.  When is your interview?

Timeline
11 hours ago, EveK said:

For the updated medical, now Covid 19 booster vaccine is a requirement and currently its not available in Ontario until Oct 28th i think. Will the consulate accept medical without the covid 19 vaccine if doctor indicates N/A? 

Yes, the embassy accepts it. My wife did her medical on September 18th without a booster and her visa was issued on September 28th.

19 hours ago, Maussanais said:

Hi All,

I wanted to share a couple of updates and a question:

After being in Administrative Processing since my consulate interview on December 15th, 2023, I finally received an email on September 12th, 2024, requesting my passport, a new medical exam, and two photos. The consulate received my medical results on October 2nd, and my passport on October 3rd. However, I haven’t received any updates since then. I’m sharing this for anyone else who might be in the same situation.

Secondly, I’m planning to attend a funeral in the U.S crossing the land border. I have a valid Nexus card and a second passport (I’m a dual citizen). Is there anything that would prevent me from entering the U.S. while my passport is with the consulate? I’ve confirmed with a Canadian border agent that I can re-enter Canada using my Nexus card at the land border, even without my passport. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi! You should be fine with Nexus. I crossed in every weekend to see my husband while I was waiting for my green card to arrive (8 weeks, every week I crossed in with the nexus as they had my passport). Just be honest - I only had one guard ask me if I had proof that my visa was in process and I said yes I could show you my CEAC status and emails and she didn’t want to see it. Just be honest and you’ll be fine. 

1 hour ago, BramptonDesi said:

With everyone's positive feedback about contacting their congressperson, I also reached out to mine earlier this week. They asked us to fill out a basic information form so they could represent our case. Today, we received the long-awaited email requesting medical records, passport, and photos.

Interview Date: July 2023

Congratulations! How many unsolicited updates you get before receiving this good email of submitting the passport?

On 10/10/2024 at 12:59 PM, Maussanais said:

Hi All,

I wanted to share a couple of updates and a question:

After being in Administrative Processing since my consulate interview on December 15th, 2023, I finally received an email on September 12th, 2024, requesting my passport, a new medical exam, and two photos. The consulate received my medical results on October 2nd, and my passport on October 3rd. However, I haven’t received any updates since then. I’m sharing this for anyone else who might be in the same situation.

Secondly, I’m planning to attend a funeral in the U.S crossing the land border. I have a valid Nexus card and a second passport (I’m a dual citizen). Is there anything that would prevent me from entering the U.S. while my passport is with the consulate? I’ve confirmed with a Canadian border agent that I can re-enter Canada using my Nexus card at the land border, even without my passport. Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Congratulations! how many unsolicited updates you saw before this email of requesting the passport?

Timeline

Super frustrated with this process. The passport was delivered over two weeks ago and theyve had my medical for a week now and still showing refused. I have a vacation in 11 days and it looks like im not going to have my passport back. Why is everything so slow ☹️☹️☹️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to provide an update.  My fiancee’s interview was January 23, 2024, and the consular officer said she was approved.  Feburary 14, 2024 she was requested to file the DS-5535.  With some help from a senator, we were notified today for her to submit an updated medical exam, photos, and her passport back to the consulate!  So all involved in this nightmare, have faith, and don’t be afraid to reach out to your senator or congressman for help!  Prayers all involved will hear good news soon!

Timeline
17 hours ago, Pending DS5535 said:

Congratulations! How many unsolicited updates you get before receiving this good email of submitting the passport?

None,it was the same day the congressperson contacted them.

hi all 

both senator and congressman of my

district are republican , should i even be concerned with their own stance on immigration policy before i contact them?? have you guys had positive outcomes from contacting representatives more right leaning with staunch anti immigration policies?? 

or should i contact the dem representatives of my state?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, wondering what the timeline looks like after sending in everything for the 221g! Our consular officer had given us the timeline of the 3 weeks, it's been roughly half that now and I've had 2 unsolicited updates, is that a good sign. We aren't supposed to go for another interview or I believe admin processing again.

My interview for IR1 at Montreal was on October 10th, everything seemed to go well. In the end the officer said he can’t approve me due to an incomplete security check and that he’s keeping my passport and police check as well. He said it should take about 1 week for me to get passport back with visa. I’ve also uploaded the white slip I received, he also gave a sheet which tells how to track passport. He didn’t mention DS 5535 and I haven’t received any email yet for DS5535 and he said everything is complete document wise. For context I’m a permanent resident in Canada from a Muslim majority country. Would appreciate some insight on this, should I be concerned ? IMG_5863.thumb.jpeg.a3e315fa82855548ce75caa692b23890.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.