Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, zero1331 said:

how many unsolicited updates have people received on average?      I have had 3 in one month now.   also is there way to check your complete update history or do you have to just track that yourself?    meeting June 20, black holed same day, case update on sep 7, 19 and 27th   no news from them or lawyer handling case. considering congressional help as this my lawyer has good luck with that.  I hit 4 months exactly on my medical tmrw.

literally just posted about the same thing   hahah

loll that is so freaky!!! 

hope we both hear back soon!!

also what time of day do these emails or updates typically come in?? 

16 minutes ago, tophy123 said:

loll that is so freaky!!! 

hope we both hear back soon!!

also what time of day do these emails or updates typically come in?? 

thanks, I hope so, this delay has caused numerous issues with our lives. economy is not doing well here in calgary.   
no idea to your question.  Ive noticed it will say, updated on ex day but the status tracker wont reflect that till a few days later.   my last one says sep 27th but it did not say that when I checked on the 29th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pending DS5535 said:

Hi, we have been waiting for AP clearance (IR 5) since my interview Jan 2024. We asked the congressman first time in these 9 months last Friday and I saw a case update on Oct 1 (solicited update), but today is another update on Oct 2nd (unsolicited update).  I am hoping to see more unsolicited updates but let's see. My question is if anyone else has an unsolicited updates pattern after the congressman's inquiry. Thanks!

I wrote the consulate 9/13, I received another generic reply from them 9/24; our case never updated. It’s still at 8/22 for last update. I emailed my senator’s office on 9/24 and have no updates from the office, consulate, and CEAC remains at 8/22. We’re going on month 6 of them having my fiancés passport!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, memeatball said:

I'm assuming any Canada Post location works?

No.  Only a designated Courier Facility listed @

ais.usvisa 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

No.  Only a designated Courier Facility listed @

ais.usvisa

Hi, 

Can I get my medicals done and travel back to USA and then send the passport from USA to Canada. Will Also US address for return mail.

Not sure if it is possible...

Edited by ak47

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ak47 said:

Hi, 

Can I get my medicals done and travel back to USA and then send the passport from USA to Canada. Will Also US address for return mail.

I wouldnt advise that because the consulate has been inconsistent with how long they’re taking to mail back passports. You wouldnt want to take the risk and then get stuck in the US. 

Timeline
Just now, tdot2nj said:

I wouldnt advise that because the consulate has been inconsistent with how long they’re taking to mail back passports. You wouldnt want to take the risk and then get stuck in the US. 

I agree with this statement above. 

Going on week 7 after delivery of passport to consulate. Its really frustrating. Additionally, they explicitly state to use their courier service. All other delivery methods will delay the processing and or your mail will be returned. 

Heres to hoping something updates for us tomorrow or by friday. 🤕 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, tdot2nj said:

Actually my family is in usa and already staying here over 6 months. If they delay sending passport in Canada then i am stuck in Canada for more than 2 to 3 months and family separation.

@Ontarkie

Also can i do Medicals in USA ?

Edited by ak47

Timeline
1 hour ago, ak47 said:

Hi, 

I do not believe that is in the cards.  To my understanding all needs to be done within Canada.  You’ll have a tracking number with  Canada Post sent from authorized locations going into the Consulate, and I highly doubt it’s permissible for your IV passport to be sent to the US

Timeline
8 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

I do not believe that is in the cards.  To my understanding all needs to be done within Canada.  You’ll have a tracking number with  Canada Post sent from authorized locations going into the Consulate, and I highly doubt it’s permissible for your IV passport to be sent to the US

My father lives i canada and he can receive it..

Edited by ak47

15 minutes ago, ak47 said:

Actually my family is in usa and already staying here over 6 months. If they delay sending passport in Canada then i am stuck in Canada for more than 2 to 3 months and family separation.

@Ontarkie

If your province offers enhanced driver's license, get one and travel by land (to the closest US airport, if you need to fly).  

Another option is to request a second passport from Passport Canada, however, it might be hard to argue, since it is for a hypothetical one time occurrence.  

Edited by Lemonslice

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ak47 said:

@Ontarkie

6 minutes ago, ak47 said:

My father lives i canada and he can receive it..

I think you might want to reassess your situation if you are already in the US. You SHOULD consult with a lawyer. This is especially the case if you, yourself have been in the US for more than 6 months (Canadians can only stay in the US for a max of 6 months or otherwise risk getting banned from entering the US. This could be 10 years or more). 

Additionally, you need to cross the border to activate your immigrant visa (land border or at airport). So even if your father recieves your passport, you would need to come back to Canada and then cross back. 

Edited by DS5535TXCAN

Timeline
On 9/27/2024 at 2:01 PM, tdot2nj said:

My passport has changed because i got it renewed. I was asked to send in my passport and I will be sending the new one in however the passport number they have on the DS260 is of my old one. Do I need to let them know anything? 

Send in both.  The old (expired) one should have holes in it or be mutilated somehow.  Add a note explaining new vs expired.  I’m sure they’ll figure it out. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

If your province offers enhanced driver's license, get one and travel by land (to the closest US airport, if you need to fly).  

but once i send passport to montreal embassy within Canada then i have to separated with family for a long time if they delay my passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.