Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,091 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Cholte cholte said:

Hi,

From what email address is the communication from Montreal Consulate regarding passports, medical etc. Just noticed an unsolicited update on the website...and dont want to have the email going to junk.

Mine came from usvisa-info.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

I am not sure this is applicable to cases going through consular processing through NVC and the embassy. What you're referring to is the USCIS (https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-announces-new-guidance-on-form-i-693-validity-period) which is for civil surgeons that provide medical exams within the US. Whereas we all completed our medical exams with panel phyicans. 

You are correct. This is NOT applicable to consular pending cases, only for cases where applicant is already physically in the U.S. and applying for Change of Status, for instance.  The Panel Physicians vs. Civil Surgeons distinction is accurate.  Medical exams expire after 6 months

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Cholte cholte said:

Hi,

From what email address is the communication from Montreal Consulate regarding passports, medical etc. Just noticed an unsolicited update on the website...and dont want to have the email going to junk.

Ours sent by “donotreply@usvisa-info.com”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, CarmenD said:

Take a look at the Congressperson’s website for procedure.  Mine had an online contact option which I completed.  I then received an email attaching a privacy release/information form to complete/sign/return.  Note that not all Congresspersons are willing to do Congressional Inquiries.  Good luck!

I did the same for a Senator in my area. He did an inquiry & said to wait until October 8th, & if nothing is heard, contact him back. If enough of us reach out to congressmen & senators hopefully they see this is a problem!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.