Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,091 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kara.gana said:

We’re in the same boat. At the end of the week they’ll have had my husband’s passport for 4 weeks. 
We’ve already given notice on our rental and started making tentative plans for travel in November. 
But same thing, so heartbreaking and discouraging to keep on waiting. 
Let us know if consulate replies. 

The consulate has had my fiancés passport since April, with generic replies on processing. Our mortgage renewal is Oct 15, we wanted to sell the house well before then and that’s obviously not going to happen. Now we’re going to be on a 6 month term for not signing a 5 year renewal and the mortgage is skyrocketing to 3k per month. The amount of money we’ve wasted because of this visa process……

I hope you both get word on your passports soon, but also be prepared if they hold yours for months. 

8 minutes ago, Hopelessincanada said:

The consulate has had my fiancés passport since April, with generic replies on processing. Our mortgage renewal is Oct 15, we wanted to sell the house well before then and that’s obviously not going to happen. Now we’re going to be on a 6 month term for not signing a 5 year renewal and the mortgage is skyrocketing to 3k per month. The amount of money we’ve wasted because of this visa process……

I hope you both get word on your passports soon, but also be prepared if they hold yours for months. 

We also had to renew our mortgage for 1 year and it was also crazy how much we paid. Same, we’ve also wasted so much money on waiting because of the visa refusal. 
Hope everyone gets their visas very soon. It is so hard to wait when you feel like you’re so close to being done this journey. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, DS5535_jan2024 said:

It’s been a really frustrating September. They’ve had my passport for nearly a month now and no updates. I sent an email asking if they needed more info. We will reach out to our congressperson now because we can’t risk another expired medical (1 month out of 6 is gone) or another month of not being able to plan our lives. This process is endless heartbreak. 
I also didn’t get the auto response when I emailed this time. I think it’s normal. 

😑 It’s truly mind boggling.  Almost a month without even a single update.  Good move having your Congressperson rattle their cage.  This is unconscionable!!!

I’m at a loss to understand how the procedure is structured/protocol for cases going to Issued from Refused after sending in medical, etc.

A case in AP since only this past January received “Issued” status today after medical and passport received at the Consulate on Sept 5 .. Just 12 days 🤬!!!!!

It’s been a really frustrating September. They’ve had my passport for nearly a month now and no updates. I sent an email asking if they needed more info. We will reach out to our congressperson now because we can’t risk another expired medical (1 month out of 6 is gone) or another month of not being able to plan our lives. This process is endless heartbreak. 
I also didn’t get the auto response when I emailed this time. I think it’s normal. 

😑 It’s truly mind boggling.  Almost a month without even a single update.  Good move having your Congressperson rattle their cage.  This is unconscionable!!!

I’m at a loss to understand how the procedure is structured/protocol for cases going to Issued from Refused after sending in medical, etc.

A case in AP since only this past January received “Issued” status today after medical and passport received at the Consulate on Sept 5 .. Just 12 days 🤬!!!!!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Hopelessincanada said:

Wait a minute, since April after clearing AP and sending fresh medicals, or April interview and approved at that time?

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Kara.gana said:

We also had to renew our mortgage for 1 year and it was also crazy how much we paid. Same, we’ve also wasted so much money on waiting because of the visa refusal. 
Hope everyone gets their visas very soon. It is so hard to wait when you feel like you’re so close to being done this journey. 

As if we haven’t been waiting long enough 🙄 This makes my blood boil!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

1 hour ago, Hopelessincanada said:

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. 
We’re wasting money paying for two households and two of everything like a lot of people - and traveling to see each other. Our little one is nearly 18 months and I could tolerate this more if I didn’t have her to worry about. She deserves stability :( 

Curious if anyone out there has gotten a DS5535 lately? I wonder if the pace is slowing down on issuing them? And maybe that could mean they’ll spend their time on all of us ?

4 minutes ago, DS5535_jan2024 said:

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. 
We’re wasting money paying for two households and two of everything like a lot of people - and traveling to see each other. Our little one is nearly 18 months and I could tolerate this more if I didn’t have her to worry about. She deserves stability :( 

Curious if anyone out there has gotten a DS5535 lately? I wonder if the pace is slowing down on issuing them? And maybe that could mean they’ll spend their time on all of us ?

I believe they’re issuing DS-5535 like a free candy. If their system triggers something then definitely will get a DS5535.

Hello everyone, I glanced through recent pages of this thread and it seems like some of us are in the same situation waiting to receive our passports back. I'm wondering if any of you received notice that your passports were delivered, besides just looking up the Canada Post tracking number? Canada Post tracking said my passport was delivered earlier this week, but I was expecting to see some kind of update or confirmation straight from ceac or ais.usvisa-info.. 

Also, any insights on the waiting time for passports to get stamped and returned?

8 hours ago, snowfalls said:

Hello everyone, I glanced through recent pages of this thread and it seems like some of us are in the same situation waiting to receive our passports back. I'm wondering if any of you received notice that your passports were delivered, besides just looking up the Canada Post tracking number? Canada Post tracking said my passport was delivered earlier this week, but I was expecting to see some kind of update or confirmation straight from ceac or ais.usvisa-info.. 

Also, any insights on the waiting time for passports to get stamped and returned?

Canada post tracking confirmed it was delivered within a day (Aug 19) but the consulate emailed me about a week later to confirm they had it because I asked them another question 2 weeks prior. However, I did notice a case update on the day they confirmed receipt and on day they received medical (on a Saturday I had an update which surprised me). Not sure if update is bc they emailed me or if they logged it. Also, not the same for everyone. 

46 minutes ago, DS5535_jan2024 said:

Canada post tracking confirmed it was delivered within a day (Aug 19) but the consulate emailed me about a week later to confirm they had it because I asked them another question 2 weeks prior. However, I did notice a case update on the day they confirmed receipt and on day they received medical (on a Saturday I had an update which surprised me). Not sure if update is bc they emailed me or if they logged it. Also, not the same for everyone. 

I also received an update on a Saturday when my medical was submitted on that Saturday around 4 am which I find odd but no updates for passport or anything else 

Timeline
On 9/17/2024 at 10:40 AM, EveK said:

Hello everyone, I have a question about how you approached congressman or senator for your case. Did you meet in person or sent an email to their office regarding your pending case? 

Take a look at the Congressperson’s website for procedure.  Mine had an online contact option which I completed.  I then received an email attaching a privacy release/information form to complete/sign/return.  Note that not all Congresspersons are willing to do Congressional Inquiries.  Good luck!

17 hours ago, Hopelessincanada said:

I completly understand.   Im my wife and i have forign degrees.  Neither are recognized in canada.   She could go back to the states and start work asap.  Till then  her and i have to work multiple ####### jobs to survive.    Barely scraping by, never seeing eachother.  Now im not working for medical reasons.   We feel we are being punnished and barley can survive here, with roomates, meanwile we could have our own place and,own it,  thrive with far better support there

Edited by zero1331

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ds5535jan said:

I also received an update on a Saturday when my medical was submitted on that Saturday around 4 am which I find odd but no updates for passport or anything else 

Thanks!!! Case Updates over the weekend? Who knew?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.