Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,099 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

Hi All, I need your assistance with this email reply I received from my congressman today regarding update on our case. Here’s the attachment below: 

Did anyone else receive the same kind of reply when they contacted their congressman to pursue on the case?

IMG_0747.jpeg

it means.. you just going to have to wait..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Received my 3rd unsolicited update in one week. Does anyone know how many updates it takes before a passport request? 

🤞🏻🤞🏻🥲🥲 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

Hi All, I need your assistance with this email reply I received from my congressman today regarding update on our case. Here’s the attachment below: 

Did anyone else receive the same kind of reply when they contacted their congressman to pursue on the case?

IMG_0747.jpeg

Is your case Employment based or family ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, tdot2nj said:

Received my 3rd unsolicited update in one week. Does anyone know how many updates it takes before a passport request? 

🤞🏻🤞🏻🥲🥲 

It varies.  We got two only, others get just one, and some receive several.  No definite number of updates, but you should be .. VERY SOON

Timeline
2 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

IMG_0747.jpeg

Same standard cookie cutter reply, yes.  It’s a waiting game

4 hours ago, Coco_2023 said:

rHi everyone, Just wanted to say hi and reserve my spot here in this post thread since statistically speaking chances of me being AP'd or at least CV request stuff after my interview at Montreal next month, is 99.8% LOL

Category:  EB2-NIW (PhD in AI)

Origin: Middle Eastern 

Consulate may for Resume because of PhD in AI

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

Consulate may for Resume because of PhD in AI

Is the CO specifically asking me to email them my latest resume or does the resume need to be sent along the DS-5535 online form?

I'm asking since I anticipate to get "double-double" like getting both AP'd and requested for my resume since I was born on middle east and got a phd in ai LOL

1 hour ago, Coco_2023 said:

Is the CO specifically asking me to email them my latest resume or does the resume need to be sent along the DS-5535 online form?

I'm asking since I anticipate to get "double-double" like getting both AP'd and requested for my resume since I was born on middle east and got a phd in ai LOL

Bring your cv/resume with you on the interview day. Just in case if they ask then hand it to them

Timeline

Happy update for us!
We received two updates this month -

August 12th (one day after an email inquiry) August 15th (one day after congressional inquiry)

I’m not sure if those were a coincidence or not, but August 15th we received the email requesting updated medical and passport! 
Our interview was February 13th, 2024. I do truly think they are trying to clear the backlog… but perhaps having my two young children involved in this process helped our case process faster? Overall we were in admin processing for almost exactly 6 months. Sending out so much love to everyone still waiting, this process is not for the faint of heart! Hopefully this just proves there is light at the end of the tunnel! :) I will post another update once everything is complete.  

16 hours ago, Coco_2023 said:

In our case CO did not ask for any documents related to AP. Just told us to wait for the email.

Has anyone had after they sent their passports and new medical one person in their group say “issued” before another person in the group but eventually both get issued? My husband’s (primary applicant) has said issued for 3 or 4 days. His was pretty much same day the medical arrived. Mine still says refused. Hoping it’s a normal part of processing. Haven’t received anything with tracking for the passport back yet. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.