Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,100 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, cala2023 said:

Hey guys, my husband now has passport with Visa in hand! Here's an updated timeline for the tracker.

IR1 Visa

Interview April 27 2023

Passport Request July 11 2024

Documents received July 17 2024

Medical completed July 18 2024

Medical results sent to consulate July 27 2024

CEAC website says issued August 1 2024

Tracking number received August 8 2024

Passport received August 9 2024

Congratulations 🎉

Wow .. So the IV was issued without a new RCMP certificate?  May I ask what’s the date on your husband’s initial RCMP certificate?  

Edited by CarmenD
add word

Timeline
41 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

Congratulations 🎉

Wow .. So the IV was issued without a new RCMP certificate?  May I ask what’s the date on your husband’s initial RCMP certificate?  

Yep no new certificate required. October 3, 2022 was the date of his original one. I'm fairly certain they are supposed to good for 2 years so I'm not sure why they are requesting a new one from you guys, other than just generally being unorganized on their end. But maybe because it's so close to the 2 year mark, by the time the visa is issued it could potentially be expired, so they requested a new one would be my best bet.

Edited by cala2023

Timeline
2 hours ago, cala2023 said:

Yep no new certificate required. October 3, 2022 was the date of his original one. I'm fairly certain they are supposed to good for 2 years so I'm not sure why they are requesting a new one from you guys, other than just generally being unorganized on their end. But maybe because it's so close to the 2 year mark, by the time the visa is issued it could potentially be expired, so they requested a new one would be my best bet.

The proximity to the 2 year mark is a strong possibility for requesting a new one.  I considered that as well.  Just give them whatever they request and don’t sweat it

Having said that, there’s discrepancies also.  We received two emails for passport, etc.  Neither requested the 2 passport pictures, but they were mentioned on a response given to a Congressional inquiry from the Consulate itself two days later  🤷‍♀️

On 8/10/2024 at 8:55 PM, DS5535_jan2024 said:

I found that Leo the Great responded to a similar question on page 117 and we can change our address on the AIS website. 

So I wasn’t able to change my address on AIS website. I think it’s because it has to match the ds-260 info. I just don’t see the option to change it? 
I emailed the consulate to confirm process but has anyone had this experience? 

Timeline

I was informed to submit my medical exam, passport AND a new RCMP report as of last Thursday. 

I’m glad to hear the news, but is also confused that a new RCMP report was requested when I mailed in mine already. Also kinda regretting the fact that I sent in the report proactively, rather than waiting for them to give me the green light to do so. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/1/2024 at 10:28 PM, Hopelessincanada said:

Wow, lucky! I sent an email on July 12. We sent passport, court records, employment letter as part of 221g back in April. I sent an email to confirm they received docs. They confirmed back on June 11th. We’ve had zero updates since June 11, no response to my July 12th email. They’ve had passport for 15 weeks now- this can’t possibly be normal. 

Going to provide an update, as I hope something is happening. As stated above, last update was June 11 from an email I sent. I sent another email July 12, received no reply so I sent the same email again last Monday Aug 5th- I never got an auto reply from that. Our case updated on Friday the 9th, then again today the 13th. I have not received an email reply, so I hope this means we’re close(?) 

Hello! My husband's interview was in January (IR1/CR1 category, received ds-5535 request only) and we have received 2 unsolicited updates in the last 2 weeks! Before that, we've only received updates in response to emails since February. Trying not to get our hopes up too much since it is still early and we were bracing ourselves for at least a year, but given all of the recent movement it is hard not to get excited - has anyone gotten unsolicited updates like this and then still waited for months? We will post a full timeline to help others once this nightmare is over. This thread has been immensely helpful and it is so encouraging to see all of the good news recently!

Edited by DuBrun20
adding more info about our situation

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Hopelessincanada said:

Going to provide an update, as I hope something is happening. As stated above, last update was June 11 from an email I sent. I sent another email July 12, received no reply so I sent the same email again last Monday Aug 5th- I never got an auto reply from that. Our case updated on Friday the 9th, then again today the 13th. I have not received an email reply, so I hope this means we’re close(?) 

Are you employment category ?

Timeline
8 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

I was informed to submit my medical exam, passport AND a new RCMP report as of last Thursday. 

I’m glad to hear the news, but is also confused that a new RCMP report was requested when I mailed in mine already. Also kinda regretting the fact that I sent in the report proactively, rather than waiting for them to give me the green light to do so. 

Whats is the email address of Montreal embassy contacted you from ?

Timeline
8 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

Someone was asked for passport, even though the consulate kept at interview, so mistakes are made

Email the Consulate using the same email that received the passport request to point out details for the RCMP  cert you sent them recently, and hopefully they’ll locate it.  Good luck!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hopelessincanada said:

I think you may have good reason to become HopefulinCanada  🇨🇦 now 😃 

Timeline

Updating my timeline of CEAC updates:

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)

Friday May 24

Friday May 31

Friday June 7

Tuesday June 18 (after sending phone number update)

Tuesday June 25

Thursday August 1 (after sending renewed passport update)

Wednesday August 7

Friday August 9

Tuesday August 13 (THREE UPDATES WITHIN ONE WEEK!?!! AHH)

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.