Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,100 posts in this topic

Hey folks. It has been a month since me, the PA, and my kids got our visa issued after a 2-month AP/DS5535.  While my wife's case is still under that process.  She should have a simpler case as she was not asked for resume while she does have more US trips than I do.  I am not sure how long it will take to get her case cleared.  Any similar senario from anyone here?  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

In our case, consulate did not ask for new photographs although pic they scanned during interview were older than 6 months. We sent them new photographs without asking them and they put the same on visa. Hope this will help 

Sorry, just to clarify, do you mean the same as the old or new ones?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, snowfalls said:

They also didn't ask me to send them in even though it's been past 6 months.. Please share their response if you're able to! 🙇‍♀️

Absolutely 💯 👍🏻

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Halioak said:

Hey folks. It has been a month since me, the PA, and my kids got our visa issued after a 2-month AP/DS5535.  While my wife's case is still under that process.  She should have a simpler case as she was not asked for resume while she does have more US trips than I do.  I am not sure how long it will take to get her case cleared.  Any similar senario from anyone here?  Thanks!

DS-5535 submitted?  Document deficiencies?

20 hours ago, cala2023 said:

Thank you! I wanted to make sure we were good to use these. :) 

20 hours ago, Liz4356 said:

May I ask when your interview was? And you got the email to send your passport back?! Congrats! 🥳 

Thank you! I had my interview this past December.

1 hour ago, ak47 said:

Hello All,

Are there any EB cases from 2023 who have received a re-Medical request in the past couple of months?

I am anxious because many folks have received medical request but I don't have any update on my case.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @ak47, I am an EB1A and we got our email last month. My interview was in May 2023. Do you have a lawyer you are working with? Our case moved forward after our lawyer followed up for us. Not sure if it’s related though as the lawyer got the canned response then about 3 weeks later we got the email to re-do medical, etc.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, LYV said:

Hi @ak47, I am an EB1A and we got our email last month. My interview was in May 2023. Do you have a lawyer you are working with? Our case moved forward after our lawyer followed up for us. Not sure if it’s related though as the lawyer got the canned response then about 3 weeks later we got the email to re-do medical, etc.

Thanks for the response.

We don't have a lawyer as of yet. Did you file  a WOM ?

But my spouses employer does have a lawyer.

Congratulations to all those who received their fortunate email of sending passports and medical exams. Wish you all the best. And I wish I and who else is waiting to get this email soon. our interview was in Jan 2024 in Montreal, asked for Ds5535 and my resume as well, still waiting to hear any good news from them.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kara.gana said:

Finally! We received our passport request email this morning! 
I hope for those that are still waiting that you will be able to escape this waiting game quickly. I do definitely see an increase in the amount of people being processed and hopefully wait times will go down. 

Were you requested for medical or passport photos in addition to your passport return? 

I am wondering if they’re issuing visa’s without updated (expired) medicals given AP/DS5535 if the case is less than 1 year after interview? 

I'm waiting for consulate to reply to my

email about whether another medical is required.

32 minutes ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

Were you requested for medical or passport photos in addition to your passport return? 

I am wondering if they’re issuing visa’s without updated (expired) medicals given AP/DS5535 if the case is less than 1 year after interview? 

I'm waiting for consulate to reply to my

email about whether another medical is required.

We were asked for both. Medical and passport photos. 
I would suspect it’s an error on their part and that it’s required. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Kara.gana said:

Finally! We received our passport request email this morning! 
I hope for those that are still waiting that you will be able to escape this waiting game quickly. I do definitely see an increase in the amount of people being processed and hopefully wait times will go down. 

Congratulations!!!! 🎊🎉🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.