Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,100 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, CarmenD said:

Whatever is asked for is all you need to provide.  Email the Consulate to let them know you’d like to come to personally deliver the Passport for stamping and pick-up the same day.  It’s been done by others.  We plan to do so as well

That is interesting. I thought I would for sure have had to re-do my medical, especially because my medical was completed back in Nov 2023. It’s been more than 6 months. I thought medicals expired after 6 months. I worry whether this is an error on their part which will push this further out given that we’re finally out of DS5535 black hole. 

Any one have any additional thoughts? 

5 minutes ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

That is interesting. I thought I would for sure have had to re-do my medical, especially because my medical was completed back in Nov 2023. It’s been more than 6 months. I thought medicals expired after 6 months. I worry whether this is an error on their part which will push this further out given that we’re finally out of DS5535 black hole. 

Definitely, you would need new medical unless there is change in medical validity rules. Visa expiry date is exactly 6 months after your medical date

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
23 minutes ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

Yes, if your medical was completed in November, 2023 I believe you would have been asked for a fresh one.  I would email the Consulate to point this out.  Easily a mistake could have been made on their end

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

Definitely, you would need new medical unless there is change in medical validity rules. Visa expiry date is exactly 6 months after your medical date

4 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

Yes, if your medical was completed in November, 2023 I believe you would have been asked for a fresh one.  I would email the Consulate to point this out.  Easily a mistake could have been made on their end

I looked on the DOS website and did not find any information on extension of medical exams. I’ve replied to the email asking to confirm whether my current medical exam is still valid or whether I will need another one. I am leaning towards the fact that they will want another medical exam.

Is it possible to book an appointment with a civil surgeon with the email this morning from the consulate requesting for additional information? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

it possible to book an appointment with a civil surgeon with the email this morning from the consulate requesting for additional information? 

Our approval email indicates “A new medical from our Panel physician (please bring a copy of this email to your medical appointment)”. Can’t say whether you can proceed to schedule without that language in your email, but it can’t hurt to give it a try

Timeline
2 hours ago, snowfalls said:

Hi again, for those who have received an email to submit a passport and medical, did your status change from "Refused" on the CEAC status checker website? 

Ours changed from “Refused” to “Expiring Soon” .. only for one day.  Back to “Refused” with the refused language paragraph today.  It should update to “Issued” once Consulate receives as requested, and stamps passport 

2 hours ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

I would email the consulate for clarification on your medical. To elaborate on my earlier post.. my fiancé’s passport was kept by the consulate this entire time, and he emailed them (since they requested for him to send his passport back in the email) and to our surprise they responded within an hour to let him know that it was an error on their end, that the consulate still had his passport. So once my fiancé’s medical is done we should be set. In case anyone else is in this situation, they did request 2 new passport photos to be sent to them instead.

It’s crazy how they send generic emails a month late yet they returned his email right away today. Things are speeding up all of a sudden. Hoping everyone else can get out of this situation soon!

Edited by anotheronewaiting

Timeline
11 minutes ago, anotheronewaiting said:

I would email the consulate for clarification on your medical. To elaborate on my earlier post.. my fiancé’s passport was kept by the consulate this entire time, and he emailed them (since they requested for him to send his passport back in the email) and to our surprise they responded within an hour to let him know that it was an error on their end, that the consulate still had his passport. So once my fiancé’s medical is done we should be set. In case anyone else is in this situation, they did request 2 new passport photos to be sent to them instead.

It’s crazy how they send generic emails a month late yet they returned his email right away today. Things are speeding up all of a sudden. Hoping everyone else can get out of this situation soon!

Sound advice!  Yes, I remember your prior post about the Consulate requesting the passport already in their possession.  I got a chuckle out of that one! 😂 

Timeline

Have sent an email to Montreal Consulate to ascertain whether 2 passport pictures (not requested in today’s approval email) are required.  Averting a … surprise! in the future

5 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

Have sent an email to Montreal Consulate to ascertain whether 2 passport pictures (not requested in today’s approval email) are required.  Averting a … surprise! in the future

In our case, consulate did not ask for new photographs although pic they scanned during interview were older than 6 months. We sent them new photographs without asking them and they put the same on visa. Hope this will help 

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
3 minutes ago, snowfalls said:

For those who received an email about submitting passports or a new medical exam, which email address did it come from? Mine was from donotreply@usvisa-info(dot)com, but this isn’t a .gov address like the ones I've previously received from the Montréal consulate.

Date: August 8, 2024 at 10:15:05 AM 
Subject: Yatri: U.S. DoS Visa system follow up (Action Required)
Yes, and “Yatri” is a support system

Timeline
1 minute ago, Leo The Great said:

In our case, consulate did not ask for new photographs although pic they scanned during interview were older than 6 months. We sent them new photographs and they put the same on visa. Hope this will help 

Thanks.. I’m curious to see their response 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.