Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,103 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

Finally .. received the happy, happy - joy, joy email this morning.  Requested passport, updated medical, and RCMP Certificate.  Nothing else.  @Superluminal please update (we received two additional case status updates before today’s request.)  Thank you!

Congratulations!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, 4EverAp said:

Yay . So this morning i received the infamous email as well as a case update which followed the Thursday pattern

Good morning, 
To continue processing your immigrant visa please submit the following: 
- A new medical from our Panel physician (please bring a copy of this email to your medical appointment) 
- 2 recent passport size photos 
- Valid passport

Amazing, congrats!!! When was your interview, Oct 2023?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, snowfalls said:

Hi everyone,

I received an email from the Montreal office about submitting a new medical and valid passport too. :o 
Does this mean that Visa will approved after submitting those? 

Also, how long do the medical exams last before expiring? I took the first one 6 months ago. 

Yes, congrats!! It’s usually pretty quick after receiving this email and submitting your documents!

when was your interview?

1 minute ago, Liz4356 said:

Yes, congrats!! It’s usually pretty quick after receiving this email and submitting your documents!

when was your interview?

Thank you! It was in February! 

I'm currently studying on a student visa in the US right now. Do you or anyone happen to know if I could send my passport + medical to Montréal and have that mailed back to me in the US instead of a Canadian address?  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, snowfalls said:

Thank you! It was in February! 

I'm currently studying on a student visa in the US right now. Do you or anyone happen to know if I could send my passport + medical to Montréal and have that mailed back to me in the US instead of a Canadian address?  

Such a quick turnaround, that’s amazing! 

I’m not sure about having it mailed to the US - I think you have to go to the border to have it activated? Someone else could probably answer better as I’m doing the K1 visa :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

I am a long time lurker of this sub and in the tracker spreadsheet i am under the alias “Unknown *” with date of interview of 13DEC2023 and received 221G with DS5535 at the end of my interview. 

For context, we had unsolicited updates the last few days, and prior to that we had a senator inquiry on the case. 

This morning received an email to submit my passport only (valid for 6 months after intended travel). I wanted to know if what they request is what they only want. As i am seeing a few this morning were also requested medicals and photos. 

Additionally, I wanted to know if I can hand deliver and pickup my passport same day, and how I can organize that with the consulate. I saw someone post about this around page 100 of this thread. 

Edited by DS5535TXCAN

Timeline
41 minutes ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

Hello all,

I am a long time lurker of this sub and in the tracker spreadsheet i am under the alias “Unknown *” with date of interview of 13DEC2023 and received 221G with DS5535 at the end of my interview. 

For context, we had unsolicited updates the last few days, and prior to that we had a senator inquiry on the case. 

This morning received an email to submit my passport only (valid for 6 months after intended travel). I wanted to know if what they request is what they only want. As i am seeing a few this morning were also requested medicals and photos. 

Additionally, I wanted to know if I can hand deliver and pickup my passport same day, and how I can organize that with the consulate. I saw someone post about this around page 100 of this thread. 

Whatever is asked for is all you need to provide.  Email the Consulate to let them know you’d like to come to personally deliver the Passport for stamping and pick-up the same day.  It’s been done by others.  We plan to do so as well

Timeline
10 hours ago, Vancan said:

what? this is just insane!

Did you submitted the documents if any they requested at that time?

Yes.. completion of the DS-5535 was the only item requested at interview.  This has to be a glitch on their system 🤪

Timeline
12 hours ago, CarmenD said:

image.thumb.png.5c711c8f2d021157cfe05674718a161a.png

image.thumb.jpeg.8beae4c6abd60bfc39e4a87525b4a2b5.jpegThis makes zero sense to me, but I also understand it’s a good sign toward visa adjudication.  Unsolicited update (August 1st - Refused status still).  

Updated the Re-opened DS-260 on August 6, plus Congressional Inquiry also in the works.  August 7 update changes status to “Expiring Soon”.  I’ll be searching this thread as I recall a recent discussion on this topic 

Where did you see this update?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.