Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

So your DS-260 was reopened on July 21st, 2024 that’s when you had your interview? Or did it took more than 1 year.

I can’t say exactly when it Re-opened, to be honest.  I noticed it when I logged in to the CEAC website (I use the USCIS Case Tracker app for the most part) on July 29.  Interview was July 21, 2023, so I’m going to conclude the DS-260 became available to update at some point shortly after the interview first year anniversary 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Vancan said:

but what if sometime a person doesn't login and come to know about it..... they should send email to update this form!

Nope, they’re not sending email notifications, you can bet on that. It would require resources the government does not have.  If not updated by the time the Consulate completes AP and requests passport, etc, it will ask then that it be updated

9 minutes ago, Kara.gana said:

Once it opens should we update it and submit it or wait till we’re adjudicated and receive the email that says to update it?

I sent an email last week regarding this and this is what i got back. 

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Your case was refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, and is currently under administrative processing. As soon as the administrative processing is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing.

The duration of administrative processing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. The Department of State is continuously working to refine our visa application, assessment, and security screening procedures. We continue to aim to reduce the time required for certain types of administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete.

As soon as the administrative processing is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards, OP13" 

38 minutes ago, Pearljamm said:

I sent an email last week regarding this and this is what i got back. 

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Your case was refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, and is currently under administrative processing. As soon as the administrative processing is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing.

The duration of administrative processing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. The Department of State is continuously working to refine our visa application, assessment, and security screening procedures. We continue to aim to reduce the time required for certain types of administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete.

As soon as the administrative processing is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards, OP13" 

Usual reply! Cookie cutter response from consulate.

Timeline

So I just want to clarify. Are we suppose to update a re-opened DS260 even if I have not received notification from the consúltate to do so? 

Reason I asked. My interview was April 2023. When I checked in Oct 2023, my DS260 was reopened. I resubmitted at the time. Fast forward to this week, I checked the form and it is again reopened. The expiry date is Oct 2025. Now I’m just super confused. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, APRIL2023 said:

So I just want to clarify. Are we suppose to update a re-opened DS260 even if I have not received notification from the consúltate to do so? 

Reason I asked. My interview was April 2023. When I checked in Oct 2023, my DS260 was reopened. I resubmitted at the time. Fast forward to this week, I checked the form and it is again reopened. The expiry date is Oct 2025. Now I’m just super confused. 

That is quite peculiar.  An error request on their part for the earlier one?  Anybody’s guess.  I would update it again now, if I were you

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kara.gana said:

Once it opens should we update it and submit it or wait till we’re adjudicated and receive the email that says to update it?

I wouldn’t wait for the Consulate to adjudicate out of AP and ask for it.  Update it as requested 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, zero1331 said:

Maby..  just maby..   the montreal consulate  does this..  hear me out...  to push people to pay for a second medical.   getting a cut behind the sceans.         Heresy.  Jk. 

😂 You have a conspiracy leaning vivid imagination 🤣🤣🤣

Timeline

I sent our passports to the consulate last Friday but didn’t receive any notification that they were received. ais.usvisa-info.com has a tracking number, and it shows “Expected delivery” status. I’m a bit worried because it was supposed to be delivered by now I think. How to find out the actual delivery status?

1 hour ago, CarmenD said:

I wouldn’t wait for the Consulate to adjudicate out of AP and ask for it.  Update it as requested 

I have read somewhere in the previous thread (dreaded AP Part 2 Montreal, something like this) where people had discussed about the same thing to update it when it’s reopened, as many people were still waiting for the adjudication AP email from the consulate. As far I remember and you guys can check that thread as well, they waited for the consulate email to update DS-260 and submit DS-260 confirmation page, passport , medical, and PC. 

I think @Ontarkie can also shed some light on it as they are an old member of the thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.