Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,100 posts in this topic

Timeline
5 hours ago, anotherstuckinap said:

No, probably not.

They are sometimes very slow to respond (2-4+ weeks) or do not respond at all in some cases.

53 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

It took three months and a day for the Consulate to respond to the initial email we sent to supplement DS-5535 information, after two follow up emails too. There’s just no consistency

I know they are slow. What I don’t understand is why some people still get automatic replies after a letter, and some stopped getting them. I talked to a friend who is also in AP and they also didn’t get auto-replies for the last three inquiries. And all three inquiries are left with no response so far (it’s been six weeks since the first one). But today they tried a different e-mail, and they got an auto-reply. I don’t think software can act that inconsistently, there must be some explanation.

Maybe it’s just a crazy conspiracy theory but when there is a high chance to be left out without a visa, all sorts of things come to mind.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, julia_29387 said:

What I don’t understand is why some people still get automatic replies after a letter, and some stopped getting them.

Yup, that’s another mystery.  I have not always received the automatic reply email when I’ve sent them one.  Again, no consistency, rhyme or reason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It could be something as simple as once your email has  been logged into the system, the system already knows you got the autoreply. So it saves you from being spammed with the same reply over and over.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Similar to others, I got an auto-reply on my first email to the embassy but no auto-reply on my second one.  I was thinking time of day may be a factor since their email servers may be offline during certain hours, or even possibly broken/undergoing maintenance.  USCIS is down basically every weekend.

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Timeline
12 hours ago, sundim said:

Similar to others, I got an auto-reply on my first email to the embassy but no auto-reply on my second one.  I was thinking time of day may be a factor since their email servers may be offline during certain hours, or even possibly broken/undergoing maintenance.  USCIS is down basically every weekend.

Have you got an actual response from the consulate on that second letter?

Got served my ds5535  221g   on june 20th.   Ir1 visa.     Told to fill out the online form with the 15 years of life info, Redundent. submitted it and dident even send a confirmation email.   Just a "you are done" page.      Im lawyered up so  they sent a follow up email few days ago, no reply. Also sent a follow up a day or two after submitting info, which was on june 21st, for a single error discorved on the info i submitted and ds260.   Wrong city in address history. 

I believe this might be related to my travel history or arrest record even though i have no criminal history and my clearance came back clean. 

Wrong place wrong time.

Honestly sucks as my lease ended,  and had to stop working around june 1st.  Wife was in the states,  shes a teacher so curently not working for summer. She came back on a work permit to help me pack.   Curently in a lawsuit againts old employer for stealing my profit share investment and falsifying ROE records.   So broke as hell.

Sad as i have far more support networks down south.

Does anyone have any info or that updated excel sheet with regards to others this year with cr/ir1 acceptance?

Edited by zero1331

On 7/12/2024 at 9:30 AM, Leo The Great said:

Are you located in Ontario? May be different clinics have different procedures to handle appointments for re-medical.  I still feels this issue should be handled by doctor's office. Their system is integrated with consulate medical result receiving system and we know nothing about it. Also there were no instructions in the document request email other than the link to the list and addresses of panel doctors.  Sending email to consulate by you might speed up the appointment process. Best of luck

I'm starting to wonder if this is not an issue with the Doctors office not knowing what they are doing. I am in BC. Although I am travelling to Ontario this week maybe I should do it there if they cannot get their stuff together. 

On 7/12/2024 at 11:55 AM, cala2023 said:

We were able to make an appointment in Toronto the same day we got the passport request. We used the same doctor as before and all they asked was for us to send them a copy of the email we received from the consulate for them to make the appointment. There is a list of other documentation they require us to bring to the appointment but we were able to book.

What documentation were you asked to bring?

1 hour ago, LYV said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is not an issue with the Doctors office not knowing what they are doing. I am in BC. Although I am travelling to Ontario this week maybe I should do it there if they cannot get their stuff together. 

It does not seem to be consulate issue.  It is also confirmed by @cala2023 also. May be book an appointment with Toronto doctor and bring everything with you like vaccination records etc.

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
2 hours ago, LYV said:

What documentation were you asked to bring?

Had to bring all the vaccine documentation, a copy of the full DS-260, passport, and list of medications. Also had to email a photo.

And as for an update, medical was completed on Tuesday the 16th and passport was sent on the same day. Tracker shows the consulate received the package this morning. Will keep you all posted on when we receive the passport back.

Timeline
6 hours ago, sikeDS-5535dbyMTL said:

Alright folks, final update as promised!

Officially crossed over today, July 17th on an IR1 (airport crossing). No secondary required, was amazed that I only had to stay at the counter for all of maybe 5 mins until I got a "congratulations, welcome to the US" response from the border agent.

- Jan 30, 2024 interview with 221g DS 5535 refusal.

- Filed WOM June 5, 2024, defendants served June 21, 2024

- Passport requested back July 2 - flew to Montreal to hand deliver passport on the 5th. I had a back and forth email exchange with them the 3rd letting them know I was coming in person on the 5th. - Showed up first thing at 730am and came back to retrieve passport at noon same day.

Do I think my WOM played a factor? Yes, and I don't regret spending the money one bit. 

I wish the best of luck to everyone! 

Congratulations!!! 🥳 So awesome to see people making it through!

I'm in a similar boat - interview on Jan 10th, 2024 and was given a 221g/DS-5535.

I'm considering filing a WOM, do you mind sharing what law firm you used?

I wonder if quick approvals following a WOM indicate that the reason for AP was a TAL hit rather than a broader security risk? It seems like there's been varied results with WOMs and I wonder if that plays into the ability of the consulate to expedite. Just a theory! 

Edited by 604vancouver

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.