Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,100 posts in this topic

Has anyone experienced where they go and try to book the medical and it's not updated for the doctors in the system yet so they are not able to take you in for your appointment? Had to make and break an appointment this week. Waiting on update. Hoping it's just a lag with the holiday week. We got our notice on July 2. We emailed the consulate about it and the doctors office did as well. Made a new appointment for next week. 

24 minutes ago, LYV said:

Has anyone experienced where they go and try to book the medical and it's not updated for the doctors in the system yet so they are not able to take you in for your appointment? Had to make and break an appointment this week. Waiting on update. Hoping it's just a lag with the holiday week. We got our notice on July 2. We emailed the consulate about it and the doctors office did as well. Made a new appointment for next week. 

We booked the appointment with same clinic and they were able to accommodate us this week and medical was quick as they already got vaccinations and other record from last year medical. They will redo the X-ray and blood work. Doctor's office told us that they will send our Medical results electronically to consulate next week. Doctor did not mention anything if their system needs updating. You need to email/show them Medical request email only.

Edited by Leo The Great

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, JanMontrealDS5535 said:

Can you please look into the tracking sheet and fix the messed up columns?

It says I recieved visa, which is not true.

Columns C to V are shifted to one row above. 

Another thing, please highlight all rows to green for completed files.

Thank you so much !!

Thats the old tracking sheet. I stopped using that and maintaining the other because of the chaos in there. Here is the one I am managing:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit?gid=0#gid=0

If you still see an issue in here, please send me a DM.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Liz4356 said:

Has anyone renewed their passport while waiting in AP? Mine expires next year 

I actually just renewed mine, received it, scanned it and sent the new info to the embassy via email literally this morning.  I haven't received any response yet but I'll update again when I do.

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, sundim said:

I actually just renewed mine, received it, scanned it and sent the new info to the embassy via email literally this morning.  I haven't received any response yet but I'll update again when I do.

Oh good to know! Please keep my updated :)

13 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

We booked the appointment with same clinic and they were able to accommodate us this week and medical was quick as they already got vaccinations and other record from last year medical. They will redo the X-ray and blood work. Doctor's office told us that they will send our Medical results electronically to consulate next week. Doctor did not mention anything if their system needs updating. You need to email/show them Medical request email only.

Yes, we are booking with the same location as well. Showed them the email. They have our previous information but apparently they need new forms updated or something in order to do some testing again. We followed up with embassy so we'll see what happens.

23 minutes ago, LYV said:

Yes, we are booking with the same location as well. Showed them the email. They have our previous information but apparently they need new forms updated or something in order to do some testing again. We followed up with embassy so we'll see what happens.

Are you located in Ontario? May be different clinics have different procedures to handle appointments for re-medical.  I still feels this issue should be handled by doctor's office. Their system is integrated with consulate medical result receiving system and we know nothing about it. Also there were no instructions in the document request email other than the link to the list and addresses of panel doctors.  Sending email to consulate by you might speed up the appointment process. Best of luck

Timeline
16 hours ago, LYV said:

We were able to make an appointment in Toronto the same day we got the passport request. We used the same doctor as before and all they asked was for us to send them a copy of the email we received from the consulate for them to make the appointment. There is a list of other documentation they require us to bring to the appointment but we were able to book.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

Are you located in Ontario? May be different clinics have different procedures to handle appointments for re-medical.  I still feels this issue should be handled by doctor's office. Their system is integrated with consulate medical result receiving system and we know nothing about it. Also there were no instructions in the document request email other than the link to the list and addresses of panel doctors.  Sending email to consulate by you might speed up the appointment process. Best of luck

Panel doctors actually upload medical report to NVC website which IV applicants submit documents to, but they as third party. After doctor sent report, check CEAC status tracker, another update date shown. I found it last year.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Thats the old tracking sheet. I stopped using that and maintaining the other because of the chaos in there. Here is the one I am managing:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2Uy4IANSzFvQVRiywS4djPaujgHSRCfzE0qZK0eQCM/edit?gid=0#gid=0

If you still see an issue in here, please send me a DM.

You da real MVP 🏆 

Timeline

I haven't received an automatic reply on my last inquiry to Montreal, and neither has my husband. And there were no actual responses on these inquiries. I have a suspicion that we are blacklisted, and they didn't get these letters at all. Because today we tried to send one more letter from another email that we never used before, and we received an automatic reply just fine.

What do you think, can this be the case? Are we blacklisted?

By the way, we didn't spam the consulate with letters. We sent about one inquiry per month. And that's only because our case is a DV case that has a September 30 deadline, so we can't just let it go and wait.

1 hour ago, julia_29387 said:

I haven't received an automatic reply on my last inquiry to Montreal, and neither has my husband. And there were no actual responses on these inquiries. I have a suspicion that we are blacklisted, and they didn't get these letters at all. Because today we tried to send one more letter from another email that we never used before, and we received an automatic reply just fine.

What do you think, can this be the case? Are we blacklisted?

By the way, we didn't spam the consulate with letters. We sent about one inquiry per month. And that's only because our case is a DV case that has a September 30 deadline, so we can't just let it go and wait.

No, probably not.

They are sometimes very slow to respond (2-4+ weeks) or do not respond at all in some cases.

Timeline
5 hours ago, julia_29387 said:

I haven't received an automatic reply on my last inquiry to Montreal,

It took three months and a day for the Consulate to respond to the initial email we sent to supplement DS-5535 information, after two follow up emails too. There’s just no consistency

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.