Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,497 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, apsincejune23 said:

Wow that is so frustrating! I hope you get back your passport soon, maybe we will be in the same batch! I couldn’t find the shipping number once I log into the AIS website, where exactly on the page do you see that?

Should be the first thing you see when you sign in. Your screen should be green and at the bottom it will state: 

Applicant Name Passport Case number Status

and under status you will see the tracking number. This is if you used their courier services and sent it via the courier-in-authorization certificate. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, memeatball said:

Is everybody getting some kind of notification after their passport arrives at the Consulate? Canada post tracking showed it was delivered over a week ago but I never got any notification or status update on ceac.

I do not think so. I haven't received any notification.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

Should be the first thing you see when you sign in. Your screen should be green and at the bottom it will state: 

and under status you will see the tracking number. This is if you used their courier services and sent it via the courier-in-authorization certificate. 

The status delivered will mean, delivered to "Off site Mail processing facility ".

The mail will be then sent to Visa Unit. 

It is taking forever to travel within  Montreal. 

Timeline
On 10/18/2024 at 5:47 PM, g_canadian said:

Did the consulate re-activate your case for doctor's office to upload the medical? I am in the same boat and been waiting for a week now for them to reopen portal for medical submission. Wondering how long it takes them.

Timeline:

Interview - Jan 10, 2024 (Incorrect Criminal Record Certificate)

RCMP Police Certificate submitted - May 5, 2024

DS5535 Requested and submitted - May 24, 2024

After 5-6 unsolicited updates in Sep and Oct.

Updated Medical, 2 Photos, Passport Requested - Oct 10, 2024

Medical Exam - Oct 15, 2024

Passport/Photos Sent - Oct 17, 2024

Passport/Photos Received by Consulate - Oct 18, 2024

Any update on your case?

1 hour ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

Oh thank you! It looks different on my end, not sure if my status is correct as I’ve already sent the documents

IMG_0056.jpeg

1 hour ago, JanMontrealDS5535 said:

Any update on your case?

The consulate opened my file for doctor's office to upload medical results on their portal on Oct 22nd and My medical results have just been delivered this afternoon - Oct 23, 2024. Now the wait to see "Issued" from "Refused" begins!

Timeline
2 hours ago, apsincejune23 said:

Oh thank you! It looks different on my end, not sure if my status is correct as I’ve already sent the documents

IMG_0056.jpeg

Thats interesting. On my end, under status it shows "Courier-in Authorization" and the tracking numbers which are clickable and direct me to Canada Post.

I think the most important thing is that you have a tracking number and got confirmation/signature of delivery. Again, as others posted above, there may be a delay/lag time between when the documents arrive to the facility and when its finally on the desk of a consular officer.  image.thumb.png.d0852cc9dc7e8069d1c776aa0fe490ae.png

Edited by DS5535TXCAN
added screenshot

On 10/18/2024 at 12:02 PM, DS5535TXCAN said:

@EveK - any updates on progress since? Have you completed your medical and submitted your documents and did you get any status updates?

In regards to updates on our case:

Aug 8. Passport requested

Aug 15. Passport delivered.

Jump two months later: 

Oct 8. Medical exam and passport photos requested separately from passport (no idea why this was the case 🙃)

Oct. 10. Medical was completed (thankfully found an appointment) - shout out to Dr.Lyndon's office.

Oct 17. Passport photos delivered (issues with AIS website did not allow for a creation of a courier in authorization certificate, had to request help from helpdesk which took 3 BD)

We are now anticipating that the panel physician will submit our medical either today or Monday, and hoping for a quick turnaround from the consulate. Will update next week if there is any new movement. 

For those waiting, be patient it appears there is a light at the end of this tunnel. 

Any update on your case? Wondering how long it's taking them lately to issue the Visa after receiving medical/passport.

1 hour ago, g_canadian said:

Any update on your case? Wondering how long it's taking them lately to issue the Visa after receiving medical/passport.

I think that they may handle the cases in bulk.  My medical portal was opened on the same day as yours. I got the exactly same response from the consulate on the delivery of my passport as those who have inquired. I guess that they may have a quota per day?

Timeline

General question for those of you still here who have cleared, gotten the visa and crossed the border:

Anything notable about the port of entry?  Does CBP ask for anything other than visa + passport?  I'm aware that I should be ready with the immigrant fee paid.  Other than that, all my worldly belongings, important documents etc.  But asking specifically for anything CBP might want.  Feel free to share your experience too, if you want.

I'm currently waiting for my visa stamp.  My passport arrived at the Montreal consulate today.  My medical exam expires on November 8th so I want to make sure I'm ready to leave last minute just in case it arrives before I have to re-do medical (I realize they're slow but I still have hope).  I have time now to prepare, which I might not have when I have the visa in hand.  Thanks in advance!

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Passport Request October 22 2024

Timeline
7 hours ago, g_canadian said:

No updates other than a case status update earlier this week indicating medical was submitted. However, based on @tdot2nj timeline, their status updated from refused to issued 1 week after their medical was submitted by panel physican and then a 1-2 day lag for passport delivery. 

If the consulate is consistent (which we know they're not), we should expect to hear back next week. Otherwise, could be some more time for visa issuance. Praying to share some good news soon. 

On 10/23/2024 at 7:29 PM, DS5535TXCAN said:

Thats interesting. On my end, under status it shows "Courier-in Authorization" and the tracking numbers which are clickable and direct me to Canada Post.

I think the most important thing is that you have a tracking number and got confirmation/signature of delivery. Again, as others posted above, there may be a delay/lag time between when the documents arrive to the facility and when its finally on the desk of a consular officer.  image.thumb.png.d0852cc9dc7e8069d1c776aa0fe490ae.png

Interesting, I emailed AIS and they said I shouldn’t expect any status change or a tracking number until they mail my passport back. It’s inconsistent with your page though 😕  Now I’m just hoping it’s not lost, that would really be the cherry on top of this whole thing lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.