Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,286 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Abahoni said:

Have you received an email to do medical, and RCMP police clearance to upload DS260, or mailed to the consulate? thanks

We were not asked for an RCMP police clearance certificate or to update the DS260. We received an email on September 6, 2024, for a second medical, passport, and passport-size pictures. 

Edited by MTLaffectee

Timeline
33 minutes ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

Congratulations to you both! - please keep us updated on how long it takes to get your passports back. 

@CarmenD -  you mention substantial number of cases. Do you have an estimate # of those issued yesterday? 

This system is abhorhently inhumane. This uncertainty has been hard to cope with and relationships, financials and overall wellbeing is becoming straining. 

Passport was requested back on Aug 08, it was delivered on 15 Aug and still no sign of any updates since then other than replies and case status updates based on emails sent to the consulate. Last update for us was 13 Sep which was solicited.  Feeling really discouraged at this moment and really down.

Thank you!  Will do

First, to answer your question.  Five cases that I know of, our own included, moved to Issued status yesterday 

I am disheartened to learn your case has not moved forward already, but I can assure you, it will

Our email for passport, etc request also arrived on August 8.  Two updates with Refused status (Sept 13 and 24) before the Issued status update on Sept 27 

Timeline
15 hours ago, DS5535_jan2024 said:

With everything we’ve all experienced, and what we know now, I wouldn’t recommend sending your passport until they finish processing 5535. Also, you will submit your CV electronically and the ds5535 electronically. The passport is mailed through their courier service and they send the instructions for that via the AIS. If he wanted your passports, he would’ve kept them at the interview. The ds5535 process will likely takes months and when they’re ready to finalize processing, the mailing process takes only days. Don’t send it in. 

Also - my experience with one lawyer consult is that unless a firm specializes in ds5535 and specifically with the Montreal consulate , they know nothing about it. This community knows more about it than some lawyers (the one I consulted said that I must’ve said something wrong during my interview, which triggered my ds5535) but we know it’s decided before you even do the interview. 

Right on and accurate.  Great advice.  Law firms that specialize in WOM practice best option for hiring to sue the government 

3 hours ago, MTLaffectee said:

We were not asked for an RCMP police clearance certificate or to update the DS260. We received an email on September 6, 2024, for a second medical, passport, and passport-size pictures. 

Probably you are within a year, usually Police clearance is valid for one year. I may have to re-do, waiting for the email!! Best of luck, thanks

4 hours ago, CarmenD said:

Not my intention to be rude, yet I must point out this has been explained by me as well as others previously on this thread.

You will not, I repeat, WILL NOT, be “hearing from the Consulate” with a request for, or providing instructions about updating your IV application.

You would log in to your CEAC website account.  If under “IV Application” on the lower right hand side the words “Re-opened” in red letters appear, you may/can tap on them to update whatever information has changed.  In our case, only the travel section required it.

IT RE-OPENED FOR THE SIMPLE REASON IT REQUIRES UPDATING AND YOU’RE BEING REQUESTED TO DO SO.  If you don’t see those words in red letters the IV application is NOT available to you for updating

Once completed/signed it will indicate “Completed” in the area where the “Re-opened” words appeared in red

I have a suggestion for you at this point.  Read carefully through this thread 

Thank you so much. I know you have gone through, what I am going through now. May God bless you for all your kind words. I see as follows in my DS-260, I know I would have to do RCMP clearance since the old one not valid and no email as to why my DS-260 is open, it has suddenly open in the last few weeks" 

Your case is currently being reviewed at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your visa interview will take place.

Please complete and submit the Immigrant Visa (IV) Application (form DS-260) for each applicant on the case.

After submitting the DS-260, upload all supporting documentation (as described on our website) for each applicant, if it hasn’t been done already.

Important: If you need to make any of the following changes to your case, please contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate right away:

• 1. Add or remove applicants
  • 2. Add financial sponsors
  • 3. Change an applicant’s travel status
  • 4. Make fee payments

Update contact information such as email addresses

6 hours ago, Abahoni said:

Thank you so much. I know you have gone through, what I am going through now. May God bless you for all your kind words. I see as follows in my DS-260, I know I would have to do RCMP clearance since the old one not valid and no email as to why my DS-260 is open, it has suddenly open in the last few weeks" 

Your case is currently being reviewed at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your visa interview will take place.

Please complete and submit the Immigrant Visa (IV) Application (form DS-260) for each applicant on the case.

After submitting the DS-260, upload all supporting documentation (as described on our website) for each applicant, if it hasn’t been done already.

Important: If you need to make any of the following changes to your case, please contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate right away:

• 1. Add or remove applicants
  • 2. Add financial sponsors
  • 3. Change an applicant’s travel status
  • 4. Make fee payments

Update contact information such as email addresses

With this summary, I am doubtful that your DS-260 is open. I Believe it’s lock. As @CarmenD mentioned earlier (few pages before) and also posted the summary information when DS-260 is re-opened which is as “one or more of your immigrant visa (IV) application (DS-260) is re-opened as updates are required….”. The wording you have mentioned only appeared when DS-260 is still locked

11 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

With this summary, I am doubtful that your DS-260 is open. I Believe it’s lock. As @CarmenD mentioned earlier (few pages before) and also posted the summary information when DS-260 is re-opened which is as “one or more of your immigrant visa (IV) application (DS-260) is re-opened as updates are required….”. The wording you have mentioned only appeared when DS-260 is still locked

I agreed, but I see it is open, I have asked the Montreal consulate as well, no answer yet. Please see the screenshot! thanks

a.JPG

I agreed, but I see it is open, I have asked the Montreal consulate as well, no answer yet. Please see the screenshot! thanks

a.JPG

Seems like you accidentally opened the IV application tab but didn’t update the information (any changes in your current circumstances) and sign it. Thats why it says incomplete 

Timeline
5 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

Seems like you accidentally opened the IV application tab but didn’t update the information (any changes in your current circumstances) and sign it. Thats why it says incomplete 

Correct.  “Incomplete” is not the same as “Re-opened”

11 minutes ago, CarmenD said:

Correct.  “Incomplete” is not the same as “Re-opened”

It was re-opened, but once I clicked, it became incomplete. I emailed the Montreal consulate and am waiting for what I have to do, probable they will ask to upload RCMP clearance or any other documents, and the wait has continued since April 2023!!!

It was re-opened, but once I clicked, it became incomplete. I emailed the Montreal consulate and am waiting for what I have to do, probable they will ask to upload RCMP clearance or any other documents, and the wait has continued since April 2023!!!

I believe you have to mail your police certificate along with your passport not upload. I may be wrong, I believe at the consulate they keep our police certificates.

2 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

@Abahoni when was your DS-260 re-opened exactly? As you said, you’re interview was in April 2023….. Was it opened at the 1year mark and you didn’t update DS-260 for the last 7 months (after April 2024)? Or it just re-opened recently, maybe 1 month or 2 months ago?

I did not know when it was opened. A month ago I noticed suddenly it was open. You may be correct if opened at the 1-year mark, thank you.

Timeline
4 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

I believe you have to mail your police certificate along with your passport not upload. I may be wrong, I believe at the consulate they keep our police certificates.

Correct.  After clearing AP and receiving email to proceed with required documents (passport, etc) we mailed (as per instructions found on the ais.usvisa. com website) the passport, RMPC Cert, and 2 b&w passport photos.  Medical plus proof of recent COVID shot were digitally sent directly to the Consulate by Dr Lee

Timeline
6 hours ago, Abahoni said:

Did you go through the entire process of updating every section in the IV application and completing it in full?  It makes no sense that just by solely tapping on “Re-opened” it “became incomplete”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.