Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,285 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, DS5535TXCAN said:

CONGRATULATIONS! This is indicative that they are ready to process your immigrant visa. 

Your clearance has come through and they have requested you to re-do your medical and to send in your passport. Follow any instructions that they provided you based on your consulate.

From what lots of us have gathered, the clearance process is outside of the embassy and involves multiple agencies. Once those validations are done, the embassy can proceed with the file. You’re in AP until you’re approved so while your clearance came through, the file needs to be “administratively processed” by a visa officer in Paris. great news for you! 

Edited by DS5535_jan2024
Corrected embassy name

Timeline
41 minutes ago, njs_queens_2024 said:
Need guidance :
Spouse had CR1 interview in Paris(Dec 2023) after interview was put on AP and Had to fill-out DS-5355 a day later,
got a notification a few day ago saying that "please redo medical and send passport to continue"

I have seen other people got a message from the US consulate explicitly saying that AP was complete and then indicate the next steps.

so I emailed the consulate explicitly asking if AP / 5355 has been cleared and their reply is more confusing?

Question that I asked : "please confirm that AP is completed?"

reply from the consulate "we are now ready to continue processing the application, however, there could be further administrative processing. please redo Medical, once the medical is complete, please send your passport."

Anyone else have the same experience that the email/notification from the consulate never Clearly indicated AP has not complete but send in ur passport/redo medical?

This forum is for Montreal consulate in Canada so information given may not apply to your case..just FYI..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

Honestly I think that was a fluke. They stopped doing that way back when I was going through this, so 17 years. 

I communicated directly with a couple of folks on this site just within the past few months who told me they were successful in arranging (email exchanges) with the Consulate delivery of passport in person for visa stamping, and picked up later on the same day.  A couple of fluke instances through Consulate staff error, it would seem.  Nonetheless (unless I was told a made up story, and I don’t see a motive for that), it did occur most recently 

Timeline

Currently getting my medical done. I am curious to know how long everyones been waiting between sending their passport to Montreal and receiving visa. I have a vacation booked at the end of October and I really want to go to that lol

5 minutes ago, tdot2nj said:

Currently getting my medical done. I am curious to know how long everyones been waiting between sending their passport to Montreal and receiving visa. I have a vacation booked at the end of October and I really want to go to that lol

You will get another email to send the passport through courier, What is your timeline please, thanks

Timeline
1 minute ago, Abahoni said:

You will get another email to send the passport through courier, What is your timeline please, thanks

I already got the email yesterday for updated medical and passport. My interview was Nov 28, 2023. 

Hey guys.

Unfortunate to be a new member here in this thread.

EB-1A, Chinese Citizen, Canadian PR, Ph.D. from US, Materials Scientist in Canada

DQ: March, 2023

Interview: Sep 16, 2024

My CV was asked during interview, and I was given 221(g) with my passport back. The only requested document was my DS-5535.

The officer gave me two OF-194 sheets. One is 12-2010, on which they required Passports x2 (mine and my spouse's) under "you must present the documents listed above and/or the following information", and the other one is 06-2017, on which only the 221g, AP and 5535 squares were ticked. No instructions regarding passports are provided.

I filled the form (more like a questionnaire) online yesterday, and send message to my lawyer for confirmation. The lawyer said I should mail the passports immediately to them since it is requested.

So, I am quite confused. Do I actually need to mail the passports now, or I should wait for the processing of my DS-5535, and wait for notifications from the consulate?

Thanks in advance!

53 minutes ago, snowfalls said:

Just popping in to update on my timeline, my status turned to "Issued" about a week after sending my medical and passport in! Hopefully I'll have my passport back on hand soon 🙂 going to pick it up at the designated mailing location once it arrives.

Wishing everyone speedy processing times!

Congratulations, please share your timeline, thanks

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Angiw said:

Hey guys.

Unfortunate to be a new member here in this thread.

EB-1A, Chinese Citizen, Canadian PR, Ph.D. from US, Materials Scientist in Canada

DQ: March, 2023

Interview: Sep 16, 2024

My CV was asked during interview, and I was given 221(g) with my passport back. The only requested document was my DS-5535.

The officer gave me two OF-194 sheets. One is 12-2010, on which they required Passports x2 (mine and my spouse's) under "you must present the documents listed above and/or the following information", and the other one is 06-2017, on which only the 221g, AP and 5535 squares were ticked. No instructions regarding passports are provided.

I filled the form (more like a questionnaire) online yesterday, and send message to my lawyer for confirmation. The lawyer said I should mail the passports immediately to them since it is requested.

So, I am quite confused. Do I actually need to mail the passports now, or I should wait for the processing of my DS-5535, and wait for notifications from the consulate?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this helps but my officer asked me not to send them anything from now on unless they specifically asked for it.

I was asked to email them my latest resume after the interview.

I wasn't given the forms you mentioned though, perhaps because I've got my Canadian citizenship?  I dunno... 

On 9/24/2024 at 7:25 PM, Coco_2023 said:

Hi everyone,

I had my interview at MTL this morning and was given the notorious DS-5535 link to fill out at the end of ineterview and since I was well expecting it before, submitted it right after the interview but an hour later got an email from MTL asking me to email my CV (jobs, studies, etc. without any gaps) which I sent it too right away...it's soul crushing knowing you are now officially inside this AP "black hole"...

Does anybody have any idea if I got AP'd because my field of study (AI and Robotics) is part of TAL list in which I was asked to email my CV or is it due to the fact that I am born in Iran since I guess those who get asked for their CV might get cleared out sooner?

I have never served at military whatsoever though, and the officer told me that it might get my AP process faster but there was no guarantees.

I was the only person to get AP'd in my family.

Btw, I wasn't able to add my info into the tracker spreadsheet since it's read-only so here they are:

EB2-NIW (PhD in AI & Robotics)
Country of chargeability: Iran 
Interview date: Sept 24, 2024
DQ: March 2023
PD: September 23,2021

I'm sorry to hear this! Did they provide any reasons why the chose to put you through this process? Are you applying alone, or with your family (wife, children, etc.)?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

I'm sorry to hear this! Did they provide any reasons why the chose to put you through this process? Are you applying alone, or with your family (wife, children, etc.)?

I applied with my wifey and 2 young kiddos who are all born and raised in Canada except myself. 

I asked the officer if the country I was born was the reason that I received ds-5535 since I never served in military neither in Canada nor anywhere else, so she said "yeah, and that your field of study and work is AI and robotics" 

16 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

I applied with my wifey and 2 young kiddos who are all born and raised in Canada except myself. 

I asked the officer if the country I was born was the reason that I received ds-5535 since I never served in military neither in Canada nor anywhere else, so she said "yeah, and that your field of study and work is AI and robotics" 

Really heartbreaking after all the wait! Sorry for your experience.

21 minutes ago, AnnaSalu said:

Really heartbreaking after all the wait! Sorry for your experience.

39 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

Anybody know how long does the TAL check takes?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.