Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,286 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Vancan said:

ideally if your DS 260 is open you should hear something soon

My friend, it has been open for a month. I pray for everyone in the group that going through a lot. I have been waiting last 17 months. After seeing your message, now I am staying positive. I was almost giving up. Since receiving DS5535 I have visited the US more than 10 times with no issues at the border, no questions asked at all.

Fingers crossed, thank you @Vancan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

They will not let you drop them off. 

Not anymore, anyway.  They used to as recently as a couple months ago.  I asked. Was ignored

48 minutes ago, DuBrun20 said:

As others have experienced, our senator reached out to the consulate and they replied with a request for my husband's passport and medical!! We received two case updates in August, so I suspect the ds-5535 was done processing and waiting on someone's desk and the congressional inquiry pushed them to send the email. Anyone who has received recent unsolicited updates should absolutely ask their senators to do a congressional inquiry. 

We can't believe the wait is finally coming to an end. I know there could still be a month or two of waiting to receive the passport back but the end is in sight! Thank you to everyone in this thread who provided advice and shared their experience, this all has continued to allow us to remain hopeful. We will provide a full timeline once my husband has successfully crossed the boarder 

Best of luck, thanks

10 minutes ago, DS5535_jan2024 said:

Good news! My status changed to issued today! 

My timeline:

Jan 8 interview issued DS5535

Jan 10 completed DS5535

Jan 18 case update (there were 3-4 but I wasn’t tracking)

July 12 I sent an email for 6 month mark
July 25th case update

Aug 1 case update 

Aug 6 case update + request to send medical and new photos

Aug 12 I sent email to ask question 

Aug 16 sent passport and info 

Aug 22 case update 

Aug 24 case update (medical was sent)

Aug 26 case update + replied to my email and confirmed received documents 

Sept 10 I emailed for status 

sept 20 case update+ general response 

Sept 24 contacted Congressperson

Sept 25 Status ISSUED

We are now waiting for my passport. I don’t think I could’ve survived the last 9 months without this community. God bless you all and may you be reunited with your families soon. I will update once I receive my passport in hand. 

Congrats! Contacted our congressman today was well! Hopefully we hear something soon 

4 minutes ago, Ds5535jan said:

Congrats! Contacted our congressman today was well! Hopefully we hear something soon 

I hope so too!! Honestly, I do think that a lot of our files are just waiting for someone to review them so a nudge from a congressperson or senator may just be it.

Does anyone know if I have to activate the green card before my rcmp clearance expires or is that requirement only for the medical? 

29 minutes ago, DS5535_jan2024 said:

Good news! My status changed to issued today! 

My timeline:

Jan 8 interview issued DS5535

Jan 10 completed DS5535

Jan 18 case update (there were 3-4 but I wasn’t tracking)

July 12 I sent an email for 6 month mark
July 25th case update

Aug 1 case update 

Aug 6 case update + request to send medical and new photos

Aug 12 I sent email to ask question 

Aug 16 sent passport and info 

Aug 22 case update 

Aug 24 case update (medical was sent)

Aug 26 case update + replied to my email and confirmed received documents 

Sept 10 I emailed for status 

sept 20 case update+ general response 

Sept 24 contacted Congressperson

Sept 25 Status ISSUED

We are now waiting for my passport. I don’t think I could’ve survived the last 9 months without this community. God bless you all and may you be reunited with your families soon. I will update once I receive my passport in hand. 

Congrats! What’s your category? My interview was in January too

Edited by Sisa24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, CarmenD said:

Not anymore, anyway.  They used to as recently as a couple months ago.  I asked. Was ignored

Honestly I think that was a fluke. They stopped doing that way back when I was going through this, so 17 years. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Need guidance :
Spouse had CR1 interview in Paris(Dec 2023) after interview was put on AP and Had to fill-out DS-5355 a day later,
got a notification a few day ago saying that "please redo medical and send passport to continue"

I have seen other people got a message from the US consulate explicitly saying that AP was complete and then indicate the next steps.

so I emailed the consulate explicitly asking if AP / 5355 has been cleared and their reply is more confusing?

Question that I asked : "please confirm that AP is completed?"

reply from the consulate "we are now ready to continue processing the application, however, there could be further administrative processing. please redo Medical, once the medical is complete, please send your passport."

Anyone else have the same experience that the email/notification from the consulate never Clearly indicated AP has not complete but send in ur passport/redo medical?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

18 minutes ago, njs_queens_2024 said:
Need guidance :
Spouse had CR1 interview in Paris(Dec 2023) after interview was put on AP and Had to fill-out DS-5355 a day later,
got a notification a few day ago saying that "please redo medical and send passport to continue"

I have seen other people got a message from the US consulate explicitly saying that AP was complete and then indicate the next steps.

so I emailed the consulate explicitly asking if AP / 5355 has been cleared and their reply is more confusing?

Question that I asked : "please confirm that AP is completed?"

reply from the consulate "we are now ready to continue processing the application, however, there could be further administrative processing. please redo Medical, once the medical is complete, please send your passport."

Anyone else have the same experience that the email/notification from the consulate never Clearly indicated AP has not complete but send in ur passport/redo medical?

CONGRATULATIONS! This is indicative that they are ready to process your immigrant visa. 

Your clearance has come through and they have requested you to re-do your medical and to send in your passport. Follow any instructions that they provided you based on your consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.