Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,286 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, SunnyAvengers said:

Hi all - I went into AP at my interview at the Montreal consulate and needed to submit the DS-5535. I did so and finally heard back 9 months later. In August I received an email that I could courier my Passport to the consulate with a few documents. I redid my Medical / Criminal check - but they also asked that I update the DS-260 and submit a copy of the bar-coded confirmation page. The only problem is - the DS-260 application cannot be edited. I've read on forums this is because it is locked after you submit. Was the consular officer who sent me the email that I need to update it, also suppose to "unlock" it so I could actually make those edits? I forwarded a copy of their email request to: Canada.Visas@gdit-gss.com and Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov. One replied back they could not assist with DS-260 questions, the other generic reply said my application is under review and I would have to wait if there are any next steps. 

I'm ready with the entire checklist - medical, criminal check (that are counting down expiry dates already!), registered courier, etc. The only thing I need to do is update my DS-260 with my most recent address and travel history but I am unable to. Anyone experience this / have any tips? 

Timelines: 

Sept 15, 2023 - received notice of Interview Appointment 

Nov 6, 2023 - Interview Date / Refused and provided DS-5535 to submit

Nov 10, 2023 - DS-5535 submitted electronically 

Aug 1, 2024 - Received email to courier my Passport after a new Medical and Criminal Check, and updating DS-260 and reprinting the barcode page. 

The DS-260 is available only after a year from time it was filed.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco_2023 said:

Perhaps the officer is asking to fill the ds-5535 again with the latest changes (if there is any, ie in your address, travel history, job, etc.) and send them the new submission's barcode? 

No .. it’s the DS-260 that needs updating.  Completing that DS-5535 once was plenty 😂 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, CarmenD said:

No .. it’s the DS-260 that needs updating.  Completing that DS-5535 once was plenty 😂 

You will have to email them and ask them to unlock it. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

12 hours ago, CarmenD said:

The DS-260 is available only after a year from time it was filed.  

10 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

You will have to email them and ask them to unlock it. 

So everyone who has been in AP in Canada and then gets a medical/passport request has filled out a DS-260 (if its more than 1 year since the Document has been filled out) or only some people have?

thanks.

1 hour ago, long_journey_2003 said:

So everyone who has been in AP in Canada and then gets a medical/passport request has filled out a DS-260 (if its more than 1 year since the Document has been filled out) or only some people have?

thanks.

Because when I login to CEAC website, the DS-260 has a expiration date of 2 years from the date I completed it. 

2 minutes ago, 604vancouver said:

CEAC says Issued today!! ❤️🥹😭 Thank you to everyone in this forum who has been posting their journey - AP is such an isolating experience and it makes a huge difference having a community.

See below for dates -

I-130 Filed: June 16th, 2022

NVC Case Creation: June 6, 2023

DQ: August 3, 2023

Interview: January 10, 2024

WOM Filed: July 30, 2024 (Hacking)

Passport Requested: Sept 6, 2024

Medical & Passport Received: Sept 17, 2024

CEAC Issued: Sept 20, 2024

Congratulations !!! , how many updates on CEAC before they requested passport?

1 hour ago, 604vancouver said:

CEAC says Issued today!! ❤️🥹😭 Thank you to everyone in this forum who has been posting their journey - AP is such an isolating experience and it makes a huge difference having a community.

See below for dates -

Congrats!! 
hopefully the rest of us receive this good news very soon!

been over a week since I submitted passport still waiting no updates 

Timeline

I just dont get it. I filed a WOM it was dismissed. My interview was last Nov 2023 and I am still waiting but people with interviews after me are getting approved. Not to sound like a debbie downer but this process is ridiculous. I have a life on hold because of this process and it is the most frustrating thing ever. I want to buy a home and start a family but I am not allowed to because of this immigration process that is never ending. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, tdot2nj said:

I just dont get it. I filed a WOM it was dismissed. My interview was last Nov 2023 and I am still waiting but people with interviews after me are getting approved. Not to sound like a debbie downer but this process is ridiculous. I have a life on hold because of this process and it is the most frustrating thing ever. I want to buy a home and start a family but I am not allowed to because of this immigration process that is never ending. 

I know it is super frustrating. I was basically in the same boat as you back in July, seeing lots of folks getting document requests who were well below me (and others) in the line. It would seem there isn't a ton of rhyme or reason why people are getting called for documents. I will say, given your unsolicited updates in June, you may want to try to have your husbands senator reach out to the consulate. Its quite possible they are ready to move forward, but they just haven't gotten around to it.

The unusual waiting times also seem to occur for people after they've requested documents. I want 3 weeks for them to issue the visa after submitting docs. 604vancouver waited 3 days. Others are over 4 weeks right now. There does not seem to be any pattern.

1 hour ago, tdot2nj said:

Unfortunately, sometimes, it’s mere luck.. like anything else in life 😔

Timeline
1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

I know it is super frustrating. I was basically in the same boat as you back in July, seeing lots of folks getting document requests who were well below me (and others) in the line. It would seem there isn't a ton of rhyme or reason why people are getting called for documents. I will say, given your unsolicited updates in June, you may want to try to have your husbands senator reach out to the consulate. Its quite possible they are ready to move forward, but they just haven't gotten around to it.

The unusual waiting times also seem to occur for people after they've requested documents. I want 3 weeks for them to issue the visa after submitting docs. 604vancouver waited 3 days. Others are over 4 weeks right now. There does not seem to be any pattern.

No pattern WHATSOEVER.  No rhyme or reason.  No consistency.  Nothing that makes sense.  At three weeks since Consulate’s receipt of my husband’s passport, I plan to (again) get our Congressperson involved.  Need be proactive!

Timeline
2 hours ago, iconoclass said:

Congratulations !!! , how many updates on CEAC before they requested passport?

Below are all of the unsolicited updates leading up to the passport request/issuance.

Since I filed a WOM my attorney was in contact with the US attorney and they likely pushed my case forward to avoid hitting the lawsuit deadline.

Aug 21

Sep 3

Sept 6 (passport request)

Sept 17 (medical received)

Sept 19

Sept 20 (issued)

I know it doesn't feel like it but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I truly hope everyone here gets their visas issued soon.

3 hours ago, 604vancouver said:

See below for dates -

What does "Hacking" mean. Did you file WOM by yourself?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.