Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,104 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2024 at 12:32 PM, ken5535karma said:

Hey i dont know if this helps but i got interviewed same day as you and they req’d my passport and medical yesterday 

i dont know if this made a difference but about 2 weeks ago i filed a CIS Ombudsman Request for Case Assistance. Worth a try it takes 15 mins to fill out

Was just req’d for passport and medical yesterday in case anyone wanted to know

Hello,thanks for this information,can you please put the  link to the site you used to file the Ombdsman request,and just briefly the steps.

I emailed for a status update earlier this month and i got the usual response on August 26th that its currently under review, at that time the status showed Refused. I just checked ceac again today and status showing now Expiring Soon and an unsolicited update on August 30th, looks like they changed the status on the 30th.

14 minutes ago, EveK said:

I emailed for a status update earlier this month and i got the usual response on August 26th that its currently under review, at that time the status showed Refused. I just checked ceac again today and status showing now Expiring Soon and an unsolicited update on August 30th, looks like they changed the status on the 30th.

Seems like you’ll hear good news soon, if the Consulate or DOS keep up the pace in clearing out AP cases..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, EveK said:

You’ll be receiving the email for passport, etc very, very soon!!! 😁

Timeline
7 hours ago, EveK said:

Hello everyone, my ceac status says Expiring soon from Refused. Is that a good sign? I got refused on August 7, 2023. 

Great sign!  You’re almost there 😃

Does anyone have recent experience requesting their passport back from the Montreal consulate WITHOUT the visa?

Context: We're waiting in AP for my husband's IR1 visa to be processed. He was interviewed January 18, 2024, and the DS-5535 AND passport were requested on the spot. We submitted it all immediately, feeling optimistic that they wanted his passport right away. Now are applying for an L1 visa for him and need his passport back to submit that application.

This is our timeline of the passport request -- we're wondering if this is normal: 

August 26. We requested the passport to be returned by emailing montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

August 26. Received reply stating that it would be returned by courier and to consult https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/contact_us with any questions and for tracking info.

August 27. Checked ais.usvisa-info.com for information and saw no new tracking info.

August 30. Called Montreal contact number (438-793-1947) who told us they can't help with the request, and said to email canada.visas@gdit-gss.com.

August 30. Emailed canada.visas@gdit-gss.com, received the following request for further information: 

• Passport number
  • DS-160 Confirmation number
  • IVR Account number
  • Date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Full name as it appears in the passport
  • The type of visa for which you are applying for
  • The Consulate (and ASC if applicable) where you scheduled your appointment(s).
  • Address you want your documents to be sent to
  • Please also verify that the information you are providing now is the same information used when creating your account

August 30. Provided requested information.

September 2. Received another email reply stating: "We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for providing your information. We have escalated this case to the appropriate department. This case will be investigated and you will be notified after we have found a solution."

Is this the normal process for receiving the passport back? It seems incredibly roundabout and the most recent email makes it seem like there is a problem.

Thanks for sharing any recent experiences with this!

3 hours ago, spousalsponsor said:

Does anyone have recent experience requesting their passport back from the Montreal consulate WITHOUT the visa?

Context: We're waiting in AP for my husband's IR1 visa to be processed. He was interviewed January 18, 2024, and the DS-5535 AND passport were requested on the spot. We submitted it all immediately, feeling optimistic that they wanted his passport right away. Now are applying for an L1 visa for him and need his passport back to submit that application.

This is our timeline of the passport request -- we're wondering if this is normal: 

August 26. We requested the passport to be returned by emailing montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

August 26. Received reply stating that it would be returned by courier and to consult https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/contact_us with any questions and for tracking info.

August 27. Checked ais.usvisa-info.com for information and saw no new tracking info.

August 30. Called Montreal contact number (438-793-1947) who told us they can't help with the request, and said to email canada.visas@gdit-gss.com.

August 30. Emailed canada.visas@gdit-gss.com, received the following request for further information: 

• Passport number
  • DS-160 Confirmation number
  • IVR Account number
  • Date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Full name as it appears in the passport
  • The type of visa for which you are applying for
  • The Consulate (and ASC if applicable) where you scheduled your appointment(s).
  • Address you want your documents to be sent to
  • Please also verify that the information you are providing now is the same information used when creating your account

August 30. Provided requested information.

September 2. Received another email reply stating: "We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for providing your information. We have escalated this case to the appropriate department. This case will be investigated and you will be notified after we have found a solution."

Is this the normal process for receiving the passport back? It seems incredibly roundabout and the most recent email makes it seem like there is a problem.

Thanks for sharing any recent experiences with this!

Please keep us informed,I am in the same situation.

Timeline

Received unsolicited updates on August 8, August 13, and August 15. Haven’t received anything since then. I got my hopes up but looks like this wait will continue. I am hitting 3 years of being in this ridiculous immigration process 😡

Timeline
1 hour ago, tdot2nj said:

Received unsolicited updates on August 8, August 13, and August 15. Haven’t received anything since then. I got my hopes up but looks like this wait will continue. I am hitting 3 years of being in this ridiculous immigration process 😡

I got 4 updates around the same time too, haven't heard anything since august 19.  I also got my hopes up.  But you're not alone! 🤝

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Timeline
5 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

Alright, so I guess we should not get excited either. We got updates on August 23, August 26, and August 30. I thought we would receive a request for a second medical after the Labor Day Weekend but I guess it might not be come. This process is indeed ridiculous and humiliating. I am praying that everyone gets their visa soon. 

Timeline
Ontarkie
This post was recognized by Ontarkie!

CarmenD was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 3 points.

17 minutes ago, MTLaffectee said:

Alright, so I guess we should not get excited either. We got updates on August 23, August 26, and August 30. I thought we would receive a request for a second medical after the Labor Day Weekend but I guess it might not be come. This process is indeed ridiculous and humiliating. I am praying that everyone gets their visa soon. 

Unsolicited updates denote progress.  Be patient … It’s coming!

20 minutes ago, MTLaffectee said:

Trying to be patient too. I sent in my passport and haven’t had an update in over a week (since confirming receipt). Hoping everyone was on summer vacation and that it’ll pick back up again. Such an emotional rollercoaster. 

8 minutes ago, DS5535_jan2024 said:

Trying to be patient too. I sent in my passport and haven’t had an update in over a week (since confirming receipt). Hoping everyone was on summer vacation and that it’ll pick back up again. Such an emotional rollercoaster. 

Did you email the consulate asking for receipt confirmation or they sent it by themselves?

My husband sent his  passport August 20th, Canada post said it was delivered August 22nd. And the clinic said they sent his medical August 22nd. I’ve seen a few unsolicited updates, but we’re almost at 2 weeks since he sent his passport. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.