Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,091 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2024 at 4:10 PM, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

Hi All, I need your assistance with this email reply I received from my congressman today regarding update on our case. Here’s the attachment below: 

Did anyone else receive the same kind of reply when they contacted their congressman to pursue on the case?

IMG_0747.jpeg

Hey i dont know if this helps but i got interviewed same day as you and they req’d my passport and medical yesterday 

i dont know if this made a difference but about 2 weeks ago i filed a CIS Ombudsman Request for Case Assistance. Worth a try it takes 15 mins to fill out

On 8/14/2024 at 7:31 AM, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

I was also interviewed on September 27, 2023. I haven’t received any update on my case. On July 3rd, I received the email reply from consulate that “Case is still going through administrative processing…..”. Kindly update here if you receive the good news of sending passport back to Montreal consulate.

Was just req’d for passport and medical yesterday in case anyone wanted to know

4 hours ago, ken5535karma said:

Hey i dont know if this helps but i got interviewed same day as you and they req’d my passport and medical yesterday 

i dont know if this made a difference but about 2 weeks ago i filed a CIS Ombudsman Request for Case Assistance. Worth a try it takes 15 mins to fill out

Was just req’d for passport and medical yesterday in case anyone wanted to know

Hey! Would you help me filling out this CIS Ombudsman? I checked isn’t it related to USCIS? 

10 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

Hey! Would you help me filling out this CIS Ombudsman? I checked isn’t it related to USCIS? 

It is but its a DHS form.

like i said i have ne idea if it helped but no harm in trying

i filled it out because i was preparing a wom

ended up not having to file it thankfully

feel free to DM me

Edited by ken5535karma

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/16/2024 at 7:06 PM, LukeCanada said:

Since it's over 6 months, you'll have to do another medical? Bummer. Hope it's not too difficult or expensive to do another medical. Not everyone lives in Vancouver/Toronto/montreal!

Yes!! It is a pain for sure, coming from Alberta. Only a month over medical expiry too. Ah well! :) 

2 hours ago, Kara.gana said:

We’re in Alberta too. My husband managed to get an appointment in BC pretty quickly. 

Same.     Did anyone find the dr cheema  is a rather ..umm..   "uniuqe" charector.        He barely asked me any question.    If i dident study ahead of time and mention things,   im sure stuff would have been missed.  

On 8/8/2024 at 4:00 PM, Halioak said:

Hey folks. It has been a month since me, the PA, and my kids got our visa issued after a 2-month AP/DS5535.  While my wife's case is still under that process.  She should have a simpler case as she was not asked for resume while she does have more US trips than I do.  I am not sure how long it will take to get her case cleared.  Any similar senario from anyone here?  Thanks!

Hi, wondering if you were all put in DS 5535 and then you and your kids were issued visa while your wife still waits in AP? 

We sent our visa’s and documents in. My husbands status says issued right away last week. Mine still says refused. 

Timeline

Updating my timeline of CEAC updates:

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)

Friday May 24

Friday May 31

Friday June 7

Tuesday June 18 (after sending phone number update)

Tuesday June 25

Thursday August 1 (after sending renewed passport update)

Wednesday August 7

Friday August 9

Tuesday August 13

Monday August 19 (4 updates within 12 days!!!)

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Timeline

I am hoping someone can help me clarify something about the medical exam. I read on the USCIS‘s website that anyone that got a medical exam after November 1, 2023 has an indefinite validity period. Can someone please confirm if this is true as my medical exam was done after November 1, 2023?

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-announces-new-guidance-on-form-i-693-validity-period

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/18/2024 at 6:14 PM, zero1331 said:

Same.     Did anyone find the dr cheema  is a rather ..umm..   "uniuqe" charector.        He barely asked me any question.    If i dident study ahead of time and mention things,   im sure stuff would have been missed.  

He’s one of the only handful of doctors in Canada who does these medical exams, i’m sure he sees hundreds of people every week and has narrowed down his process to be as fast as possible. He was really nice to me and cheerful and I didn’t really feel like he was missing anything. I was even seen like a whole hour before my scheduled time because I arrived there early so they just put me through. Sorry that your experience was like that! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, tdot2nj said:

I am hoping someone can help me clarify something about the medical exam. I read on the USCIS‘s website that anyone that got a medical exam after November 1, 2023 has an indefinite validity period. Can someone please confirm if this is true as my medical exam was done after November 1, 2023?

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/alerts/uscis-announces-new-guidance-on-form-i-693-validity-period

Applicable only to adjustment of status applicants physically in the U.S. already.  A doctor who gives medical examinations in the U.S. is known as a “civil surgeon”.  A doctor who gives them overseas is known as a “panel physician”

6 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

Did you get the passport and medical request from consulate Montreal while being placed in AP?

Timeline
12 hours ago, sundim said:

Updating my timeline of CEAC updates:

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)

Friday May 24

Friday May 31

Friday June 7

Tuesday June 18 (after sending phone number update)

Tuesday June 25

Thursday August 1 (after sending renewed passport update)

Wednesday August 7

Friday August 9

Tuesday August 13

Monday August 19 (4 updates within 12 days!!!)

Can I ask where are you updating phone number? I need to do it as well. 

Edited by BramptonDesi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.