Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,091 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, ken5535karma said:

Looks like a bunch of us are getting unsolicited updates. I was interviewed on September 27, 2023, was told everything looked fine, and placed into AP the next day.

Received an update on Aug 1 and another on Aug 9. Hope this is it, I miss my daughter!!

I was also interviewed on September 27, 2023. I haven’t received any update on my case. On July 3rd, I received the email reply from consulate that “Case is still going through administrative processing…..”. Kindly update here if you receive the good news of sending passport back to Montreal consulate.

Hi everyone! Congratulations to those who got their passport and medical requested. I had my interview on August 7, 2023 and so far no recent updates on my case. I sent an email to the embassy for an update on July 3, 2024 and again last week, didn't get any response from them. Getting really frustrated waiting for so long. I have three child with my US citizen husband who are all under 6 years and 2 are autistic. I emailed embassy about my situation as it has been very challenging but no response from them. Seeing all the recent updates from u guys giving me some hope...

29 minutes ago, EveK said:

Hi everyone! Congratulations to those who got their passport and medical requested. I had my interview on August 7, 2023 and so far no recent updates on my case. I sent an email to the embassy for an update on July 3, 2024 and again last week, didn't get any response from them. Getting really frustrated waiting for so long. I have three child with my US citizen husband who are all under 6 years and 2 are autistic. I emailed embassy about my situation as it has been very challenging but no response from them. Seeing all the recent updates from u guys giving me some hope...

😞 that’s so harsh to separate families like this. Any reason you were placed under AP? Hope you get your approval soon 🤞🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, ak47 said:

Are you employment category ?

K1- fiancé visa. Applied Feb 2022, case created July 11, 2023. Took months for interview date to pop up; Couldn’t get interview until Jan 16, 2024. Fiancé was given 221g, requesting court records, letter from my employer, and passport. We couldn’t get that out until April as we were in the states with my family. Never asked for resume, fiancé has no overseas travel, natural born Canadian. Sent docs April 23. They’ve had passport since. 

On 8/13/2024 at 7:10 AM, DS5535_jan2024 said:

So I wasn’t able to change my address on AIS website. I think it’s because it has to match the ds-260 info. I just don’t see the option to change it? 
I emailed the consulate to confirm process but has anyone had this experience? 

Hey everyone, in case anyone is in this situation. I called the contact number on the AIS website and they did the change for me for the drop off and pick up location. I was not able to change it myself. They were very helpful.
I also emailed the embassy informing of address change but no response yet.
It should not impact being able to send the passport though as I believe it’s more administrative. Our ds-260 is locked so we could not change it ourselves. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/13/2024 at 1:52 PM, Hopelessincanada said:

Going to provide an update, as I hope something is happening. As stated above, last update was June 11 from an email I sent. I sent another email July 12, received no reply so I sent the same email again last Monday Aug 5th- I never got an auto reply from that. Our case updated on Friday the 9th, then again today the 13th. I have not received an email reply, so I hope this means we’re close(?) 

I sent an email to provide my new passport. I didn't receive auto reply. No response..no case update. I was wondering if the email address is correct 🤔.  I checked it and it was correct. May be they turned off the Auto reply option.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hi and reserve my spot here in this post thread since statistically speaking chances of me being AP'd or at least CV request stuff after my interview at Montreal next month, is 99.8% LOL

Category:  EB2-NIW (PhD in AI)

Origin: Middle Eastern 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.