Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,286 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

I have read somewhere in the previous thread (dreaded AP Part 2 Montreal, something like this) where people had discussed about the same thing to update it when it’s reopened, as many people were still waiting for the adjudication AP email from the consulate. As far I remember and you guys can check that thread as well, they waited for the consulate email to update DS-260 and submit DS-260 confirmation page, passport , medical, and PC. 

I think @Ontarkie can also shed some light on it as they are an old member of the thread.

I’m going to go with the request/instructions found on the CEAC website.  It does not indicate to wait for request from the Consulate.  If later again required when AP completed, update at that time as wellimage.jpeg.4c8fc5b8660247dda1d8fb56c47216a9.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

Edited by CarmenD
Add word

Timeline

Updating my timeline of CEAC updates:

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)

Friday May 24

Friday May 31

Friday June 7

Tuesday June 18 (after sending phone number update)

Tuesday June 25

Thursday August 1 (after sending renewed passport update)

Wednesday August 7

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

1 hour ago, sundim said:

Updating my timeline of CEAC updates:

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)

Friday May 24

Friday May 31

Friday June 7

Tuesday June 18 (after sending phone number update)

Tuesday June 25

Thursday August 1 (after sending renewed passport update)

Wednesday August 7

How did you send

renewed passport copy ?

On 7/31/2024 at 7:32 PM, Canucklehead said:

Thank you everyone for your advice! Much appreciated. Here is my timeline for those new to our forum:

Feb 1, 2023 - Interview at Montreal (got denied and placed into AP)

March 2, 2023 - Submitted DS-5535 documents

June 27, 2024 - Montreal embassy requested my passport, CRC, medical and photos

July 11, 2024 - I mailed documents to embassy

July 29, 2024 - I picked up my passport from embassy

Total time from interview to passport in hand - 17 months & 29 days

I am REALLY, REALLY hoping that this recent movement we've been seeing with a lot of us is a sign that this sort of timeline will no longer be the norm.

In terms of sending passports can this be sent to any Purolator/Canada post or do we submit passport to specific locations? I am having trouble finding this information.

Timeline
1 hour ago, MandyMila said:

In terms of sending passports can this be sent to any Purolator/Canada post or do we submit passport to specific locations? I am having trouble finding this information.

Here is a list of locations:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/courier_dropboxes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MandyMila said:

May I ask when your interview was? And you got the email to send your passport back?! Congrats! 🥳 

Timeline

image.thumb.png.5c711c8f2d021157cfe05674718a161a.png

image.thumb.jpeg.8beae4c6abd60bfc39e4a87525b4a2b5.jpegThis makes zero sense to me, but I also understand it’s a good sign toward visa adjudication.  Unsolicited update (August 1st - Refused status still).  

Updated the Re-opened DS-260 on August 6, plus Congressional Inquiry also in the works.  August 7 update changes status to “Expiring Soon”.  I’ll be searching this thread as I recall a recent discussion on this topic 

1 hour ago, CarmenD said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8beae4c6abd60bfc39e4a87525b4a2b5.jpegThis makes zero sense to me, but I also understand it’s a good sign toward visa adjudication.  Unsolicited update (August 1st - Refused status still).  

Updated the Re-opened DS-260 on August 6, plus Congressional Inquiry also in the works.  August 7 update changes status to “Expiring Soon”.  I’ll be searching this thread as I recall a recent discussion on this topic 

Go to around page 70(either before or after) of this thread Canucklehead and Irish 89 talked about it  IMG_7844.thumb.png.5a080e10ece7722fb16243670a3e5661.pngIMG_7845.thumb.png.cf4b5020f1b34bdeb26c676896b836b1.png

IMG_7846.png

Edited by Kara.gana

Timeline
On 8/5/2024 at 6:45 PM, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

Hello Everyone! I just logged in to my ceac account and checked the DS-260 expiration date (October 31, 2025), it’s on the top right corner of the form. There was also an estimated burden ~ 155min. My interview was on September 27, 2023. I have no idea what this date is. Does anyone have an idea about it? 

I will research as to what it signifies. I saw the same 10/31/2025 Expiration Date on ours, with the accessible Re-opened tab.  It went away upon updating the DS-260.  

Hello Everyone! I just logged in to my ceac account and checked the DS-260 expiration date (October 31, 2025), it’s on the top right corner of the form. There was also an estimated burden ~ 155min. My interview was on September 27, 2023. I have no idea what this date is. Does anyone have an idea about it? 

I will research as to what it signifies. I saw the same 10/31/2025 Expiration Date on ours, with the accessible Re-opened tab.  It went away upon updating the DS-260.  

Timeline
7 hours ago, CarmenD said:

My husband's changed to expiring soon the day before we got the passport request.

26 minutes ago, cala2023 said:

My husband's changed to expiring soon the day before we got the passport request.

@cala2023 Did you update your husband’s DS260 when you hit the one year mark or at any point? On Monday my husband’s status changed to expiring soon. His DS260 is open but we haven’t updated it. We haven’t received any email yet with further instructions. 

Edited by Kara.gana

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kara.gana said:

@cala2023 Did you update your husband’s DS260 when you hit the one year mark or at any point? On Monday my husband’s status changed to expiring soon. His DS260 is open but we haven’t updated it. We haven’t received any email yet with further instructions. 

No we didn't touch the DS260 until requested to do so. They will ask you to update it when they email the passport request. My husband's was also reopened at the one year mark but that is typical.

Edited by cala2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.