Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,103 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LYV said:

Does anyone know how to change the original address to receive our passports back from to consulate. Also, does anyone have instructions on how to send the passport? We have moved since over a year ago and need the passports sent to a different address.

Thank you.

Just login to your usvisa-info account that you set up before interview. They have instructions on how to send your passport to consulate and you can also change passport return address using the same site:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/users/sign_in

Edited by Leo The Great

This is what it says on the home page:

"One or more Immigrant Visa (IV) Application(s) (form DS-260) on your case have been reopened because updates are required. Please update the DS-260(s) as directed and re-submit the form(s). If you have any questions, please contact your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate General. Information for U.S. Embassies and Consulates can be found at https://www.usembassy.gov/." 

So, we haven't received any mail for directions yet, at the same time I noticed that my Civil document tab is disabled, and they have added one more Choice of Address and Agent tab on the right which is disabled as well.

Has anyone noticed these kinds of changes before receiving a request to submit their passport or medical documents?

22 minutes ago, Vancan said:

This is what it says on the home page:

"One or more Immigrant Visa (IV) Application(s) (form DS-260) on your case have been reopened because updates are required. Please update the DS-260(s) as directed and re-submit the form(s). If you have any questions, please contact your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate General. Information for U.S. Embassies and Consulates can be found at https://www.usembassy.gov/." 

So, we haven't received any mail for directions yet, at the same time I noticed that my Civil document tab is disabled, and they have added one more Choice of Address and Agent tab on the right which is disabled as well.

Has anyone noticed these kinds of changes before receiving a request to submit their passport or medical documents?

Is this on the DS260 page? My husbands doesn’t say that. 

1 hour ago, Vancan said:

Home page. what does it say on your husband's site?

It says it’s still under review. 
I think you’re the first to notice your DS260 has been opened before getting the email, so new information for us all. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have checked my husbands DS 260 and find it’s been opened. 

Edited by Kara.gana

6 minutes ago, zero1331 said:

could someone explain the estimated burden?      also I thought the ds260 was good for one year, I made a post about this.  If this expires is correct, then the case would be valid for longer than one year in my case. 

I think when you login to your ceac account and go to the DS-260 tab. Somewhere I saw yesterday explaining about the estimated burden time. You’ll find information regarding this “estimated burden” thing in detail. Also, I came to know from other folks here in this platform regarding “expiring soon” thing… It is actually the “ceac visa status” where it says your immigrant application “refused or issue”. Once you hit the 1 year mark from your interview date it starts showing expiring soon as consulate has set up a timeline of 1 year from the date of your interview or the documents submission whichever is closer…its my understanding, anyone else with more solid information can shed some light on it. Thanks 

47 minutes ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

I think when you login to your ceac account and go to the DS-260 tab. Somewhere I saw yesterday explaining about the estimated burden time. You’ll find information regarding this “estimated burden” thing in detail. Also, I came to know from other folks here in this platform regarding “expiring soon” thing… It is actually the “ceac visa status” where it says your immigrant application “refused or issue”. Once you hit the 1 year mark from your interview date it starts showing expiring soon as consulate has set up a timeline of 1 year from the date of your interview or the documents submission whichever is closer…its my understanding, anyone else with more solid information can shed some light on it. Thanks 

I’m not sure about that CEAC saying that when you hit one year. Both @Canucklehead and @Irish89 were over a year before there’s changed to “expiring soon” and they received their visas soon after. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ajxl888 said:

Hi Everyone - after my updated medical results and passport were delivered to the embassy on July 31st, I have gotten my passport back with the visa in it!  My interview was back in April 2023.

Congratulations 🥳💥 🎉 🍻🥂🍾

Timeline

When it’s time to update (one year from interview date) verbiage below will appear for your case in CEAC.  No instruction email for completion guidance will be sent to you

IMG_4068.jpeg

Timeline
7 hours ago, zero1331 said:

the ds260 was good for one year, I made a post about this.  If this expires is correct, then the case would be valid for longer than one year in my case. 

The DS-260 is “Re-opened” after the one year mark from Interview date for us waiting in AP/Visa adjudication.  It requires updating at that time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.