Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, 4EverAp said:

Hello guys . Its me again. So i have gotten another update again today. Hopefully it means that things are moving in the right direction. So ill give u guys a brief timeline 

July 23rd - case update unsolicited 

july 25th - wife and i sent a letter to consulate (dis not see the prior case update) 

July 30th - Case update (not sure if unsolicited since i sent an email) 

Aug 1st - Case update (not sure if unsolicited) 

typically they reply to emails within 2-3 weeks . So my feeling is that they are all unsolicited. But after being in this for a year almost i dont want to get my hopes up 

definitely seems promising!! Crossing my fingers for you, keep us posted :) 

I am back with a good update for a change! We also got an email to send in my fiancé's passport (despite the fact that they kept it at the interview lol) and to repeat the medical exam. Our interview was August 15, 2023 and we are just shy of 12 months leading to approval. I don't think our WOM necessarily helped our case...  and we did not have multiple case tracker updates leading to our email requesting the documents. Ironically, the last time we inquired was about a month ago and we got sent the generic email response again without a case tracker update. I checked my email to do something else and was shocked to see I got the email (instead of my fiancé) regarding doing the medical and sending his passport. My fiancé (Canadian citizen) did not get the email. So make sure you are checking CEAC and any emails you may have associated with your case.

I will update everyone on my timeline as we finish up. I have a question in case anyone else has experienced this- has anyone else had the consulate send the email requesting to send the passport back, yet they kept the passport after the interview? My fiancé never requested to get his passport back because he has nexus, and has been able to visit using that instead. The email requesting our documents was from a "do not reply" email.. should we just email the consulate the same way we usually do for case inquiries? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Updating my timeline of CEAC updates:

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)

Friday May 24

Friday May 31

Friday June 7

Tuesday June 18 (after sending phone number update)

Tuesday June 25

Thursday August 1 (after sending renewed passport update)

Both times I emailed, it took 3 weeks to receive a reply from OP13.  After the first email I received an auto-reply right away.  After the second email, I did not receive an auto-reply.

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

51 minutes ago, sundim said:

Updating my timeline of CEAC updates:

Interview Friday May 17 2024

Tuesday May 21 (after sending completed DS-5535)

Friday May 24

Friday May 31

Friday June 7

Tuesday June 18 (after sending phone number update)

Tuesday June 25

Thursday August 1 (after sending renewed passport update)

Both times I emailed, it took 3 weeks to receive a reply from OP13.  After the first email I received an auto-reply right away.  After the second email, I did not receive an auto-reply.

Hello 

How to send montreal consulate renewed passport copy ,

Could you please share this information thank you so much 

Timeline
On 7/31/2024 at 4:54 AM, julia_29387 said:

Hi guys. My case is a bit different but still want to share my update. DV case, interview was in November 2023. Was put into administrative processing and asked for CVs both of me and my husband.

Jul 15 - we sent an inquiry to the consulate.

Jul 19 - case updated.

Jul 29 - case updated.

Jul 30 in the morning case was updated again. And in the afternoon, we got a request for an updated medical, new photos and passports.

So for us, it was a nine-month wait for the CV review.

Wow, lucky! I sent an email on July 12. We sent passport, court records, employment letter as part of 221g back in April. I sent an email to confirm they received docs. They confirmed back on June 11th. We’ve had zero updates since June 11, no response to my July 12th email. They’ve had passport for 15 weeks now- this can’t possibly be normal. 

53 minutes ago, Hopelessincanada said:

Wow, lucky! I sent an email on July 12. We sent passport, court records, employment letter as part of 221g back in April. I sent an email to confirm they received docs. They confirmed back on June 11th. We’ve had zero updates since June 11, no response to my July 12th email. They’ve had passport for 15 weeks now- this can’t possibly be normal. 

That should not be ok/ you obviously have family/ spouse  and maybe kids in a different country - keeping passports that along is not ok …

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vicnic said:

That should not be ok/ you obviously have family/ spouse  and maybe kids in a different country - keeping passports that along is not ok …

It’s definitely getting us worried. We’re together right now, but we are one of the unfortunate families in Canada that has their mortgage renewal due. We have to sell our house by October. 

53 minutes ago, Kara.gana said:

You can request for your passport to be returned to you. 

Will doing this delay our process even more? He was cleared during interview, but forgot 2 docs which is why they said he can go right ahead and send passport with the docs. 

8 hours ago, Hopelessincanada said:

It’s definitely getting us worried. We’re together right now, but we are one of the unfortunate families in Canada that has their mortgage renewal due. We have to sell our house by October. 

Will doing this delay our process even more? He was cleared during interview, but forgot 2 docs which is why they said he can go right ahead and send passport with the docs. 

Rates are coming down slowly in Canada …. But maybe not fast enough !!!

hope your visa comes soon 🙏

6 hours ago, SEP-27-DS_5535 said:

Still taking a lot of time! I am September 27, 2023 (interview) case. Still no update on my administrative processing 

These updates are depressing for us all…. I feel like I am never going to get all sorted 

5.5 years long distance is hard …. I’m feeling pretty low today as I navigate a bunch of issues solo … yet again …

sigh 

2 hours ago, Vicnic said:

These updates are depressing for us all…. I feel like I am never going to get all sorted 

5.5 years long distance is hard …. I’m feeling pretty low today as I navigate a bunch of issues solo … yet again …

sigh 

Hopefully everyone will get clearance soon and start their life with family. 

6 hours ago, Vicnic said:

sigh 

I feel you.   Feels like years wasted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.