Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,497 posts in this topic

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Hey there, sorry to hear how long you have been waiting! I interviewed in Feb 2023 and submitted documents in March 2023. I just received my tracking number so my passport is finally officially on the way!

In all, I waited about 16 months to hear back that my visa had been issued. I understand you must be super frustrated, however at this timeline your WOM may take just as long as USCIS takes to issue your visa. From being on here for a long time, it seems like people like myself and @Irish89 to name a few have been hearing positive news and 16 months has been the longest it's taken to hear back. 

Obviously this decision comes down to you, but just food for thought.

I am from March 2023 and have no updates. 

When did you start seeing updates on ceac website. Would be very helpful..thanks

Edited by ak47

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

16 months has been the longest it's taken to hear back. 

I just learned of someone in another forum was recently (within a week) adjudicated visa out of Montreal.  He waited 17 months.  To my knowledge, WOM not filed

Timeline
2 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

Hey there, sorry to hear how long you have been waiting! I interviewed in Feb 2023 and submitted documents in March 2023. I just received my tracking number so my passport is finally officially on the way!

In all, I waited about 16 months to hear back that my visa had been issued. I understand you must be super frustrated, however at this timeline your WOM may take just as long as USCIS takes to issue your visa. From being on here for a long time, it seems like people like myself and @Irish89 to name a few have been hearing positive news and 16 months has been the longest it's taken to hear back. 

Obviously this decision comes down to you, but just food for thought.

Congrats! Wow that's a long wait for your passport back. Does anyone know if that's the typical wait time after submitting documents? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, cala2023 said:

Congrats! Wow that's a long wait for your passport back. Does anyone know if that's the typical wait time after submitting documents? 

Scratch that I misread. When did you submit your passport? It seems like around 2 months is the current wait time between sending the passport and receiving it back.

Timeline
5 hours ago, ak47 said:

I am from March 2023 and have no updates. 

When did you start seeing updates on ceac website. Would be very helpful..thanks

I started getting unsolicited updates around mid June - I believe my first unsolicited update was around June 20th.

Timeline
2 hours ago, cala2023 said:

Scratch that I misread. When did you submit your passport? It seems like around 2 months is the current wait time between sending the passport and receiving it back.

I submitted the passport back on July 11th and received confirmation it arrived on July 12th. Prior to this though it seemed like it was taking longer to get passport back, so hopefully this is a sign they are moving quicker!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

I submitted the passport back on July 11th and received confirmation it arrived on July 12th. Prior to this though it seemed like it was taking longer to get passport back, so hopefully this is a sign they are moving quicker!

Hello, 

you meant received the confirmation email from MTL consular section or just from the courier ? to acknowledge of receiving passport.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, apsincejune23 said:

Hi all! I’ve been lurking on this post since I was issued the DS 5535 form on June 29th 2023. Yesterday I got my first unsolicited update and this morning received the email to submit an updated medical, photos, passport and to update the ds260 form. Hoping everyone hears good news soon!

🥳 Congratulations!  My spouse interviewed on July 21, 2023.  Hope springs eternal 😃 

Timeline
18 hours ago, anotherstuckinap said:

Yes, I believe so based on the fact you receive a case update every time they reply.

I sent a specific topic (not just requesting case status) email on March 3.  Got the immediate generic reply.  Case status updated to March 5.

Did not receive response email confirming “receipt of the information you provided” until THREE months and a day later (June 4), yet a case update did NOT occur (still March 5).  In the interim, I sent two follow-up emails as well.  Not consistent 

Edited by CarmenD
add a statement

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.