Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,443 posts in this topic

Hello friends its me again form other part of the world, Congratulations to all those whom received final email and out of this misery. Finally some  movement in Canada.  Things are very slow in Pakistan at Islamabad . 

5 months completed In AP under DS-5535 , I emailed Islamabad embassy 3 times and got no reply back from them , Last case update date only changed once (last month after 4 months in AP). 

Things are very bad and slow in Pakistan. This wait is turning into nightmare.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys . After reading and not posting for the past 9 months i decided to share my situation. 

Interview was set for Oct 27th 23 

-Provided Ds 5535 , CO said just fill it in it can take 3 weeks to 3 months depending 

- fill it in the next day or 2 . And submitted in that Wednesday (Nov 1st) 

-Got my first update status to refused on Nov 3rd 2023

- Radio Silent until April 11th ish 2024 in which they just responded to my email 

- Another update June 3rd Because they’ve responded to my email 

All in all, in 9 months ,i did not get one single unsolicited update. Whats frustrating is that during that time my wife has been experiencing a few medical problems which has required her to go to the hospital. Which now causes a really hard financial strain on her. Had to give up her car. Its quite enfuriating knowing they are taking their sweet times while people are actually experiencing real life problems caused by being apart from their spouse . We have now been married 3 years , dated for the better part of 5 , and still not able to simply be together because of this invisible barrier called DS5535.

Sorry guys for the rant, i just wished this process was more efficient and seamless .

16 hours ago, Halioak said:

Hi, I am planning to do the same. I have my passport delivered to MTL last week and CEAC shows issued on July 5th. But they have not mailed my passport out yet. I need to travel this Saturday and I am thinking about going there personally to pick it up.  Do you think I can just show up there without an appointment? Thanks!

was this after they requested you mail it back after AP? I am getting nervous that its been over a month since i mailed in my passport and it still says refused....

On 7/8/2024 at 10:47 AM, Admitt said:

Does anyone know the timeline on how long from once you mail in your passport to expect it back? been waiting now just over a month with my last update on June 14th ( i assume that is when they picked it up from the post office).

thanks! 

Just email consulate for status and telling them you provided all documents and waiting for your visa to be issue.

Have doctor office confirmed you that they have submitted medical result to consulate?

The doctor we went for medical sent us the confirming email that medical results have been electronically submitted to embassy?

Edited by Leo The Great

5 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

Just email consulate for status and telling them you provided all documents and waiting for your visa to be issue.

Have doctor office confirmed you that they have submitted medical result to consulate?

The doctor we went for medical sent us the confirming email that medical results have been electronically submitted to embassy?

Hey, yes Doctor office confirmed and i was able to tell based off updates they have received it plus my package with passport new criminal record photos etc. do you email the standard mtl embassy email?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

You may  get email in a week if you got 3 or more  updates in 2-3 weeks. But no  of updates vary case by case.

Pattern so far for us has been unsolicited updates on June 20, July 9, and July 10.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, anotherstuckinap said:

A bit new to all of this - what exactly happens when your cast status changes to expiring soon (and subsequently, if it expires)?

We're not totally sure why this wording has changed recently but it seems to be a sign that a passport request is coming very soon. I believe several people on this forum who have recently received the request have also seen their status change to expiring soon before receiving an email to submit passport and new medical/police report. It's a little scary when you read it but seems to just be a glitch in the system. @Canucklehead commented about this a week or so ago if I remember correctly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.