Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2024 at 8:15 AM, Leo The Great said:

It is the number of date updates on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV after you submit DS-5535 if you are monitoring it.  Unsolicited updates (3-5 or more within a month) are important when your case is about to clear. It means that state Dept is working on your case. It takes them between few months to more than a year to clear your case.

I got 6 updates within 15 days time period, but then stopped for last 40 days, Not sure, what is happening?

8 hours ago, tas005 said:

I got 6 updates within 15 days time period, but then stopped for last 40 days, Not sure, what is happening?

Your case is not DS-5535. Consulate asked for Resume only and it was pending review by CO in your last communication Right?

If that the case not sure why consulate is taking so much time. May be send an email to consulate regularly asking them if the case is still waiting for CO review by quoting the old reply.

Edited by Leo The Great

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

Your case is not DS-5535. Consulate asked for Resume only and it was pending review by CO in your last communication Right?

If that the case not sure why consulate is taking so much time. May be send an email to consulate regularly asking them if the case is still waiting for CO review by quoting the old reply.

PHIL_K_IR1 was resume only and his time from Interview to Document Request was almost 7 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/22/2024 at 12:33 PM, as2023 said:

Hello guys; have anyone send an email yesterday to montreal-iv-dv@state.gov and didn't get the automatic reply for reception proof ,I tried twice but didn't get anything ,this is the first time.

I sent an email last week and also never got the automatic reply. 

Timeline

Its been 7 months since my interview and receiving the DS-5535 and still no progress. I filed a WOM which was dismissed last month citing that I haven't been waiting long enough. Luckily the lawyer gave me half my money back. I feel like the wait is never ending. I have talked to congressmen and no progress. Overall this process is defeating and I can’t help but wonder when this nightmare will end. 

14 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

Its been 7 months since my interview and receiving the DS-5535 and still no progress. I filed a WOM which was dismissed last month citing that I haven't been waiting long enough. Luckily the lawyer gave me half my money back. I feel like the wait is never ending. I have talked to congressmen and no progress. Overall this process is defeating and I can’t help but wonder when this nightmare will end. 

Eastern district of New York filed on Feb 14th? Why did your lawyers not fight the motion? 

Edited by sikeDS-5535dbyMTL

Timeline
14 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

It’s been 7 months since my interview and receiving the DS-5535 and still no progress. I filed a WOM which was dismissed last month citing that I haven't been waiting long enough. Luckily the lawyer gave me half my money back. I feel like the wait is never ending. I have talked to congressmen and no progress. Overall this process is defeating and I can’t help but wonder when this nightmare will end. 

Yes, defeating and frustrating.  You filed the WOM way too early. It’s taking at least a year to adjudicate AP/DS-5535 cases out of Montréal. Congressional Inquiries are worthless when it comes to expediting these.  A couple on this forum was just asked for passport/updated medical and RCMP report at 15 months.  It’s a waiting game 😔 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, sikeDS-5535dbyMTL said:

Eastern district of New York filed on Feb 14th? Why did your lawyers not fight the motion? 

They had a conversation with the government lawyer and they were not ready to budge. I did not want to further waste my money knowing the history of recent WOM cases. 

47 minutes ago, tdot2nj said:

They had a conversation with the government lawyer and they were not ready to budge. I did not want to further waste my money knowing the history of recent WOM cases. 

Do you mind letting us know which law firm you hired? I ask because I see a trend of motion to dismiss cases ONLY when law firms file under causes that are not Cause 08:1329 Immigration: Writ of Mandamus to Adjudicate Visa Petition (for example. filing instead under 05:702 Administrative Procedure Act). The majority of 08:1329 cases go into voluntary dismissal (visa is approved). 

Edited by sikeDS-5535dbyMTL

On 6/15/2024 at 9:32 PM, Irish89 said:

Hi folks. Wanted to share the good news that we got the long awaited email to send the consulate my passport and complete a medical and police certificate. I also have to update my DS-260 form. I had sent an email to them requesting an update on April 30th. Never received a response to that email, only an Update on May 23rd, followed up with updates on May 28th, June 6th, June 11th and June 12th. And then the email on June 14th. Lucky for us it progressed pretty quickly. 

it’s a tough road and I honestly feel so sorry for everyone on here being in this dreadful situation. It’s been over 15 months since my interview and probably the toughest 15 months in my life being apart from my wife. The only thing I can say is that your time will come guys. It’s a waiting game no matter whether you file a WOM or choose not to it’s still months upon months waiting for answers but just know that it’s coming to you. It’s just a matter of time!! If any one has any questions feel free to dm me!! 

Stay strong everyone!! 

So Happy for you! Congratulations! Do you know what tracker we are working off of these days? On my original tracker is says you filed a WOM on June 12, 2023 and that you got your request for second medical on June 12, 2023. I know the second medical one must be June 12, 2024. But when did you file WOM?

2 hours ago, LYV said:

So Happy for you! Congratulations! Do you know what tracker we are working off of these days? On my original tracker is says you filed a WOM on June 12, 2023 and that you got your request for second medical on June 12, 2023. I know the second medical one must be June 12, 2024. But when did you file WOM?

Hey thank you. We filed in June 2023 and it was dismissed. We filed again in September 2023 and it was also dismissed. We didn't fight either motion to dismiss so our passport request has come organically.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Irish89 said:

Hey thank you. We filed in June 2023 and it was dismissed. We filed again in September 2023 and it was also dismissed. We didn't fight either motion to dismiss so our passport request has come organically.

Your most recent follow up email  in May was a genetic one or you asked anything specific ? Because you started seeing updates sometime after that as per your post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.