Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

2,355 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, LuvAmerika said:

I have an interview at the montreal embassy for a family based visa in july. What class visas are ds5535 usually given to? Im getting nervous because I used to use a edgy name on social media and now im paranoid itll be the reason i get served a DS5535 =_=

I think it maybe depends on what flavour of edgy you're talking about.  If it's related to criminal behaviour or anything that may make you inadmissible then it might raise questions.  Do i think it would contribute to you getting a DS-5535?  I'm not sure anyone knows.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why people get selected at Montreal.  Don't be worried or paranoid, be prepared.  Have your job, address and travel history ready and have a backup plan to stay in canada longer.  If you don't need it, no harm done.  Good luck!

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

14 minutes ago, sundim said:

I think it maybe depends on what flavour of edgy you're talking about.  If it's related to criminal behaviour or anything that may make you inadmissible then it might raise questions.  Do i think it would contribute to you getting a DS-5535?  I'm not sure anyone knows.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why people get selected at Montreal.  Don't be worried or paranoid, be prepared.  Have your job, address and travel history ready and have a backup plan to stay in canada longer.  If you don't need it, no harm done.  Good luck!

it is a violent user name, (i thought it was goth and egdy at that age)  but i seriously wouldnt have given it in my ds260 if i thought the content on that account would raise concerns (I usually would just post silly tweets) and tbh i wouldve been paranoid if i wouldnt have given it too. i cannot win 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, LuvAmerika said:

it is a violent user name, (i thought it was goth and egdy at that age)  but i seriously wouldnt have given it in my ds260 if i thought the content on that account would raise concerns (I usually would just post silly tweets) and tbh i wouldve been paranoid if i wouldnt have given it too. i cannot win 

I think it's better to not hide it.  Honestly I don't think such a thing would be a factor, but I can only speculate.  I think it makes sense to be concerned but not necessarily for the reason you think.  Montreal selects a lot of people.  You could have a totally clean case and still get selected.

Married since 2016
I-130 Approved September 2023

DQ February 14 2024

Interview May 17 2024 - Refused

Submitted DS-5535 May 20 2024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

An edgy name alone probably won't be an issues. Now if you have a history of posts/tweets or whatever that can be seen as breaking laws that would be a different can of worms. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hello every one , Its me again from other part of the world , Congratulations to all those whom got visa email. In Pakistan things are bad very bad , I am in AP under Ds-5535 from last 4 and half months , I sent embassy email twice I got no reply from them. On ceac portal I had my first Last case update date changed few days ago.  On this forum and many other (WhatsApp groups ) I haven't come across anyone who cleared AP under Ds-5535 in Last 2 months and got visa in last 2 months In Islamabad (Pakistan), Things are very slow and miserable here. If you guys know anyone who got visa in Pakistan in last 2 months please let me know that will be a great moral booster ........... 

Thank you all. 

8 hours ago, LuvAmerika said:

I have an interview at the montreal embassy for a family based visa in july. What class visas are ds5535 usually given to? Im getting nervous because I used to use a edgy name on social media and now im paranoid itll be the reason i get served a DS5535 =_=

I guess only bad luck brings Ds-5535 ,  I saw non-Muslim , white , women ,  with no travel history getting served by Ds-5535. Just dig deep in this forum you will find out many horrible and painful stories. 

5 hours ago, brkendream said:

Hello every one , Its me again from other part of the world , Congratulations to all those whom got visa email. In Pakistan things are bad very bad , I am in AP under Ds-5535 from last 4 and half months , I sent embassy email twice I got no reply from them. On ceac portal I had my first Last case update date changed few days ago.  On this forum and many other (WhatsApp groups ) I haven't come across anyone who cleared AP under Ds-5535 in Last 2 months and got visa in last 2 months In Islamabad (Pakistan), Things are very slow and miserable here. If you guys know anyone who got visa in Pakistan in last 2 months please let me know that will be a great moral booster ........... 

Thank you all. 

As you already know there is a backlog of 61,000 SAO(DS-5535) cases as of April 2024. and they clear approx 60,000 applicant per year.  I am not sure how the State Dept sources are allocated per region based on expertise of analysts for specific region. There are 2-3 VJ members (Montreal) on spreadsheet who have been issued visa in the last 6 months and one member waited for more than a  year. Hopefully things will be quicker in your region as there may not be many applicants who have been issued DS-5535 and female (CR1/IR1) applicants are not issued DS-5535(Very low probability) in your region. 

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline

Hi guys just wanted to update. Seems like positive news but I'm not getting too excited yet. I sent an email to the consulate on May 30 and received the standard canned response on June 17 and a case update that day as well. Today (June 20) we received another case update which I assume would be unsolicited after already receiving a response and previous update.

1 hour ago, cala2023 said:

Hi guys just wanted to update. Seems like positive news but I'm not getting too excited yet. I sent an email to the consulate on May 30 and received the standard canned response on June 17 and a case update that day as well. Today (June 20) we received another case update which I assume would be unsolicited after already receiving a response and previous update.

May be State Dept started working on your case. Keep an eye on unsolicited update to see if you receive another update in 1-2 weeks.

Edited by Leo The Great

Timeline
2 hours ago, cala2023 said:

Good luck 🤞🏻 Hope it’s a sign of imminent visa adjudication for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.