Phine and D

Paying for K1 visa processing fees from Uganda

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

hello family. 

Iam in Uganda, submitted my DS 160 already and now want to pay for the K1 visa processing fee, kindly guide me on how to go about it (I heard that we can’t use post bank in Uganda, is it true? If so, where can I find M pesa to use and how?. I already opened up an account and selected immigrant visa then somewhere i was asked to fill my Ds 260 number yet I filled a DS 160 form, that was odd. Someone please clarify.

Next step, selecting the courier location, I did not see Uganda anywhere on the drop down so how will I get my passport back if all the DhLs listed are located in Kenya?

Please help.

Uganda does not process any immigrant visas. Kenya is the designated consulate for Ugandan nationals so that means you will have to travel to Kenya for interviewing etc.

I went to the US consulate Kenya page and after taking the visa navigator quiz, here’s the information on K1 applicants:

I Want To Schedule My K-1/K-3 (Fiance/e) Appointment
If the U.S. Embassy has e-mailed instructions to schedule your K1 appointment, click here to create an account, pay the required interview fee, and schedule your appointment. 

K1 appointments are often taken as soon as they are opened online.  Applicants should continue checking the scheduler for new appointment availability.  We are unable to manually schedule any K1 appointments on behalf of a petitioner or their beneficiary. 

IMPORTANT!
While we understand your desire to reunite with your fiancé(e) as soon as possible, the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi is facing very high appointment demand so it may take several months before the embassy sends you an e-mail with scheduling instructions. You should not attempt to schedule an appointment or your required medical examination until you receive the instruction e-mail from the embassy.   

https://ke.usembassy.gov/visa-navigator/

Please note the part in bold. It says not to schedule anything until you receive an email form the embassy and that it may take several months.

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Thanks for the response,

I already received an email from the instruction embassy but I have to pay application fees prior to scheduling my appointment. That’s where the challenge is, “how to pay”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.