apnzz

Approved - how long until sent to state?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, smilingstone said:

Thought I'd share info here as I recently sent an enquiry to NVC and then contacted their NVCResearch address directly with a copy of my NOA2 as (to me) it looked like they should have received ours, but hadn't:

As of 9-Sept-24, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 14-Aug-24. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again.

So was basically told to wait another month and then contact again if still no updates.

It seems like approvals dated early August likely were shipped out towards the end of the month. Hopefully we will hear something soon. :) 

just asking you personally just for advice since we're the same country too - because it's taking so long currently I'm just torn - some context; we booked a flight for me to visit my fiance in the U.S. for thanksgiving and christmas, literally a day after we booked the trip, we got the approval. My birthday falls on thanksgiving this year and naturally I knew we probably wouldn't make the visa in hand by that time, so I was hoping for visa in hand before christmas so I could enjoy that at least, but now hearing the times are increasing I'm just thinking it's less and less likely; even with the delays waiting to be received by NVC, there's also delays at people at NVC waiting for their case numbers and waiting to go to embassy. Just want your opinion on what you think I should do? The plan me and my fiance discussed was to just do a visit (like we initially booked and planned before we got approved) for november and december to spend the holidays together, then just come back in Jan for visa medical and interivew. I'm just thinking it's just clearly taking so long and I'd had to miss the holidays just to get stuck and have no progress made. My friend said if it was her she'd just do the visit especially since there's people waiting over 6 weeks to go to NVC, then according to NVC website, they're still working on cases received Aug 14 which is basically another month behind. Then there's the wait to be ready at embassy, then once ready, UK interviews are currently 4-5 weeks away, then add 1-2 weeks (that the embassy recommends) for the visa to be delivered after approval, I just don't really know if it'll happen before christmas at that rate lol. Sorry for the ramble, just feeling quite anxious. We filed March 4 and I've seen so many people with visa in hand in under 90 days some even under 65 and I just was hoping to be there before christmas and it's becoming less and less likely (hence why we booked the trip, but the approval came legit the day after flight booking so I've just been like in limbo lol) @smilingstone thanks for listening to me blabber ❤️ 

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline
22 hours ago, callifrances said:

Case needs to show as Sent to Department of state on USCIS site or tracker.

Thank you so much, I didn't even know this was a thing! I thought that after NOA2, USCIS didn't update their tracker any further!

I just checked mine and it says it was sent to DOS on 28th August.

Fantastic to have a little more insight as to where we're at! :D 

[I-129F to K1]

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03

I-129F NOA1: 2024-04-17

I-129F RFE: 2024-06-05

I-129F NOA2: 2024-08-02

Timeline
8 hours ago, apnzz said:

we booked a flight for me to visit my fiance in the U.S. for thanksgiving and christmas, literally a day after we booked the trip, we got the approval.

Unfortunate timing, but still a very positive outcome to get the approval! Congrats!

8 hours ago, apnzz said:

My birthday falls on thanksgiving this year and naturally I knew we probably wouldn't make the visa in hand by that time, so I was hoping for visa in hand before christmas so I could enjoy that at least, but now hearing the times are increasing I'm just thinking it's less and less likely; even with the delays waiting to be received by NVC, there's also delays at people at NVC waiting for their case numbers and waiting to go to embassy. Just want your opinion on what you think I should do?

What is the expiry date on your NOA2? Generally speaking, you should have your medical and interview done before that expiry, but of course, there's a good chance this not happening but London can (and should) extend your expiry if, for example, there are no available slots before then. My expiry is 30th November, so I am genuinely anticipating being able to schedule things for in advance of then. Whether this is actually the case is yet to be seen...

We received approval on 3rd August, but USCIS only sent our petition to DOS on 28th August. For you and your approval on 4th Sept, you could be looking at them sending it on to DOS towards the back end of Sept. Then you have to factor in the further weeks of waiting for NVC to process and London to get in touch with you.

In my opinion, a visa in hand before Christmas is possible, but it really is hard to say. From what I understand of London, they don't release interview slots that far in advance (maybe only within the current month?). Your timeline suggests you're approx. 1 month behind me in terms of approval and for me personally, I am anticipating receiving NVC updates and embassy welcome letter sometime in October. So for you, potentially November? This is purely my own speculation so please do not make any arrangements based on my response, but that might mean that you can schedule things November/December.

8 hours ago, apnzz said:

The plan me and my fiance discussed was to just do a visit (like we initially booked and planned before we got approved) for november and december to spend the holidays together, then just come back in Jan for visa medical and interivew. I'm just thinking it's just clearly taking so long and I'd had to miss the holidays just to get stuck and have no progress made. My friend said if it was her she'd just do the visit especially since there's people waiting over 6 weeks to go to NVC, then according to NVC website, they're still working on cases received Aug 14 which is basically another month behind. Then there's the wait to be ready at embassy, then once ready, UK interviews are currently 4-5 weeks away, then add 1-2 weeks (that the embassy recommends) for the visa to be delivered after approval, I just don't really know if it'll happen before christmas at that rate lol.

Me and my fiancé planned a visit that would have me there for Christmas, but once we received NOA2 with an expiry of before then, we had to come to terms with the fact that I simply cannot risk arranging travel for after that date as ideally any travel after that point would be me travelling under a K1 and therefore unable to return before AOS. I really couldn't bare to wait yet another 6+ months so we brought it forward to October, feeling safe that I wouldn't be in a position to schedule anything before then. I'll be returning early November which seems, to me, to be good timing with being able to schedule things with London (although I am secretly hoping for an opportunity to extend to December, just to give me more breathing room due to work commitments).

Are you in a position to bring your trip forward? It is a shame to miss your birthday and holidays, but something is better than nothing, and travel will be infinitely easier for you if it's done well before the time you're anticipating being required to go to London. Again, this is purely my own speculation so please do not make any arrangements based on my response, but it does sound like you could do a trip in October (finances permitting) and then return to move forward with everything else.

8 hours ago, apnzz said:

Sorry for the ramble, just feeling quite anxious. We filed March 4 and I've seen so many people with visa in hand in under 90 days some even under 65 and I just was hoping to be there before christmas and it's becoming less and less likely (hence why we booked the trip, but the approval came legit the day after flight booking so I've just been like in limbo lol) @smilingstone thanks for listening to me blabber ❤️ 

No need to apologise. This is an incredibly stressful time where our lives and future are taken out of our hands. We're just left to speculate and if you're someone who tends to do a lot of forward planning, it can feel like you have zero control.

My only advice to you would be to plan any trips for times when you feel comfortable. In the sense that, I would not feel comfortable booking flights for any time after October because I feel that it would be such a scramble and too high of a risk/close to expiry.

Are your flights refundable, or can you change the dates?

I hope the above helps you in some way. As I say, it's a really difficult position to be in, but you don't want to make your life any harder due to poor timing of travel. It may be a case of focussing on the bigger picture, and, as much as it hurts to not be with your partner, to remember that every day brings you one step closer to being together.

Edited by smilingstone

[I-129F to K1]

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03

I-129F NOA1: 2024-04-17

I-129F RFE: 2024-06-05

I-129F NOA2: 2024-08-02

Timeline
14 hours ago, smilingstone said:

Unfortunate timing, but still a very positive outcome to get the approval! Congrats!

Thank you!! You too!

What is the expiry date on your NOA2? Generally speaking, you should have your medical and interview done before that expiry, but of course, there's a good chance this not happening but London can (and should) extend your expiry if, for example, there are no available slots before then. My expiry is 30th November, so I am genuinely anticipating being able to schedule things for in advance of then. Whether this is actually the case is yet to be seen.

It expires 21 Dec 2024, waiting to see what happens I think.

We received approval on 3rd August, but USCIS only sent our petition to DOS on 28th August. For you and your approval on 4th Sept, you could be looking at them sending it on to DOS towards the back end of Sept. Then you have to factor in the further weeks of waiting for NVC to process and London to get in touch with you.

I was approved on 23 August. It hasn't been sent to state yet.

Me and my fiancé planned a visit that would have me there for Christmas, but once we received NOA2 with an expiry of before then, we had to come to terms with the fact that I simply cannot risk arranging travel for after that date as ideally any travel after that point would be me travelling under a K1 and therefore unable to return before AOS. I really couldn't bare to wait yet another 6+ months so we brought it forward to October, feeling safe that I wouldn't be in a position to schedule anything before then. I'll be returning early November which seems, to me, to be good timing with being able to schedule things with London (although I am secretly hoping for an opportunity to extend to December, just to give me more breathing room due to work commitments).

We're kind of similar, my fiancé and my friend (who has her visa already) both say that due to the unknown length of the delays people are experiencing between noa2 and embassy (specifically NVC) and how far behind NVC are working, that a visa before Christmas is possible, but isn't guaranteed. My friend specifically said if she was in my position she'd do a visit in October for thanksgiving, then play it by ear on coming back, if things change once I am there, I can always look into coming back early. 

Are you in a position to bring your trip forward? It is a shame to miss your birthday and holidays

Yea! We talked about this, and I think we're going to look into late October to Thanksgiving - and look at "flexible" tickets.

you could do a trip in October (finances permitting) and then return to move forward with everything else.

Okay thank you!! I'm glad I'm not delusional haha! I was thinking to do the trip in October, get some much needed time with my fiance, then just play it by ear - if things progress whilst I am there - great, I can just book my medical and interview and then come back to London accordingly. Then there is still hope for Christmas haha.

No need to apologise. This is an incredibly stressful time where our lives and future are taken out of our hands. We're just left to speculate and if you're someone who tends to do a lot of forward planning, it can feel like you have zero control.

Thank you for being so kind and taking the time to provide such a lovely response, this process has definitely brought out the "anxious" and "worrying" side of me, I think it's just because it is so important to us, I just want to be able to start my life without any pauses and goodbyes, finally! Haha!

you don't want to make your life any harder due to poor timing of travel

Yeah that was my only reservation, but I think a trip starting in October would allow me more flexibility, so that if it does go smoother and faster, I can always come back accordingly, and then if it doesn't - for whatever reason, I don't miss out on time with my fiancé (because that would really suck since the next time we would see each other would be after the visa is issued and naturally if it doesn't go fast, that could potentially be next year haha )!

Thank you so so so much, again. I think we are going to wait until October 1st to make a full decision, but the plan is to do the trip in October and see how things progress. Coming back to London early to do my medical and interview is extremely do-able that way, and I'd get time with my fiancé! Thank you for your kindness ❤️ 

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.