apnzz

Approved - how long until sent to state?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, was wondering if anyone had any advice on how long the next stage will take? I'm at "approved" and waiting for it to update to "case sent to state". I was approved (noa2) Aug 23rd. Beneficiary UK based. I've heard conflicting things that it can take up to 90 days and others say under a week? Any advice is appreciated :) !

Edited by apnzz

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would expect anything from 1-4 weeks or so.  Hopefully it will be on the low end, but I doubt anyone can completely predict this accurately.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I would expect anything from 1-4 weeks or so.  Hopefully it will be on the low end, but I doubt anyone can completely predict this accurately.

Good Luck!

Thank you :) ! Yeah I assumed as much, I know every case is different but was just feeling a bit antsy haha! 

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline

We recieved NOA2 in early August and still waiting so 🤷‍♀️

[I-129F to K1]

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03

I-129F NOA1: 2024-04-17

I-129F RFE: 2024-06-05

I-129F NOA2: 2024-08-02

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Noa2 August 8 and still not sent to DOS. From what ive seen it used to take about 2 weeks, but now us august approvals are seeing 30 plus days for it to be sent. ❤️❤️❤️

Timeline

Thought I'd share info here as I recently sent an enquiry to NVC and then contacted their NVCResearch address directly with a copy of my NOA2 as (to me) it looked like they should have received ours, but hadn't:

As of 9-Sept-24, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 14-Aug-24. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again.

So was basically told to wait another month and then contact again if still no updates.

It seems like approvals dated early August likely were shipped out towards the end of the month. Hopefully we will hear something soon. :) 

Edited by smilingstone

[I-129F to K1]

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03

I-129F NOA1: 2024-04-17

I-129F RFE: 2024-06-05

I-129F NOA2: 2024-08-02

Timeline
1 hour ago, smilingstone said:

Thought I'd share info here as I recently sent an enquiry to NVC and then contacted their NVCResearch address directly with a copy of my NOA2 as (to me) it looked like they should have received ours, but hadn't:

As of 9-Sept-24, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 14-Aug-24. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not yet received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Although the Form I-797 approval notice mentions a delay of up to 30 days for cases to be delivered to NVC from USCIS, current shipping times may be longer. If you have not received a communication from NVC about this case within 60 days from the I-797 approval notice, please contact us again.

So was basically told to wait another month and then contact again if still no updates.

It seems like approvals dated early August likely were shipped out towards the end of the month. Hopefully we will hear something soon. :) 

Thank you! Yeah I saw the same!

Last week I had a response from NVC asking for me to scan my physical noa2 so just a waiting game again haha!

Hopefully it is soon :) !

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing with our recent USCIS approval. How many days did you wait before contacting NVC, @apnzz?

I-129F Shipped: 6/8/2024

I-129F NOA1: 6/10/2024

I-129F NOA2: 9/10/2024

NVC Received:

Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned:    

NVC Left:    

Consulate Received:

Timeline

Case needs to show as Sent to Department of state on USCIS site or tracker. That part is taking minimum 30days right now. 2 weeeks AFTER case shows that it has been sent to DOS, You can start to do an NVC inquiry to see if they have recieved your case and for your NVC case number. I recommend doing it once a week until you recieve it from them. Once you have case number from NVC, you can start tracking your case on their site. I have done several PI and also NVC RESEARCH with scanned copy of my NOA2 (8/8)  hoping maybe it was just my status that never updated, and that my case was indeed sent. Unfortunately that is not the case(for me). Nvc has told me to wait 60days before I email them again to request my case from USCIS. And when I contacted USCIS yesterday. They told me to wait 90days for it to be sent to DOS. I have seen august 1 to august 8 approvals finally get sent to DOS last week. So at least things are moving for us august approvals. 

Hopefully this info helps ya'll.  I know how stressful this process is especially with the complete randomness in processing. I will reply on this thread when my status changes to "sent to department of state" ❤️❤️❤️

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Spicy Chickenjoy said:

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing with our recent USCIS approval. How many days did you wait before contacting NVC, @apnzz?

So we waited until the physical noa2 came because we knew we'd need it. Approved on 23 Aug, physical letter came 3rd September, same day we did PI, a few days later NVC said they want me to scan my noa2 so I did and sent it over to them.

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline
9 minutes ago, callifrances said:

Case needs to show as Sent to Department of state on USCIS site or tracker. That part is taking minimum 30days right now. 2 weeeks AFTER case shows that it has been sent to DOS, You can start to do an NVC inquiry to see if they have recieved your case and for your NVC case number. I recommend doing it once a week until you recieve it from them. Once you have case number from NVC, you can start tracking your case on their site. I have done several PI and also NVC RESEARCH with scanned copy of my NOA2 (8/8)  hoping maybe it was just my status that never updated, and that my case was indeed sent. Unfortunately that is not the case(for me). Nvc has told me to wait 60days before I email them again to request my case from USCIS. And when I contacted USCIS yesterday. They told me to wait 90days for it to be sent to DOS. I have seen august 1 to august 8 approvals finally get sent to DOS last week. So at least things are moving for us august approvals. 

Hopefully this info helps ya'll.  I know how stressful this process is especially with the complete randomness in processing. I will reply on this thread when my status changes to "sent to department of state" ❤️❤️❤️

Kind of.. it doesn't always change in every case. Especially recently,  There has been many cases where the case status doesn't update at all beyond "approved" . I've had many friends who have their visas now and their status never updated at all after approved. One friend had her status update to sent to state when she already had her interview booked lol.

Yeah, USCIS told us the same, can take up to 90 days to send to state. That mixed with the fact there's no guarantee it'll update on the tracker!! It's all just a waiting game lol. 

& yeah i already had NVC ask me to send my scanned noa2 and said they will contact USCIS to find the case.

Thank you for the info!!

Good luck! 

Edited by apnzz

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Timeline

Yes i keep doing a public inquiry once a week. Because I have also heard the same thing about it not updating sometimes. And also think I will do another email to nvc research if that is the response you got! 

Yes lots of waiting and stressing. 

Good luck to you too!!! I'm sure we will all get news this month from the NVC ❤️❤️❤️ 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, callifrances said:

Yes i keep doing a public inquiry once a week. Because I have also heard the same thing about it not updating sometimes. And also think I will do another email to nvc research if that is the response you got! 

Yes lots of waiting and stressing. 

Good luck to you too!!! I'm sure we will all get news this month from the NVC ❤️❤️❤️ 

Yes do it! There's no harm in it, worst thing that will happen is they won't reply. My friend said NVC is more of a "chase them" kind of thing. At the end of the day the only goal is to make progress as soon as possible lol! That's why I'm going to continue doing PI. If it makes me get my # faster then that's  a win! Haha!

Keep me updated!! Fingers crossed for us both 💕💕💜

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, apnzz said:

So we waited until the physical noa2 came because we knew we'd need it. Approved on 23 Aug, physical letter came 3rd September, same day we did PI, a few days later NVC said they want me to scan my noa2 so I did and sent it over to them.

Thank you for this! I will do the same once the physical NOA2 comes in. Appreciate it!

I-129F Shipped: 6/8/2024

I-129F NOA1: 6/10/2024

I-129F NOA2: 9/10/2024

NVC Received:

Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned:    

NVC Left:    

Consulate Received:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.