raklaxhope

K-1 Income Question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiancé and I are just starting the K-1 visa application process. I have a question:

Are there income restrictions for my Moroccan fiancé in order to have the K-1 visa approved so he can come to the U.S.? I am an American citizen sponsoring him and my income is good here in the U.S. He does have a full time job in Morocco, but his wages are not very high there. Does he need to earn a certain amount of money in Morocco or have a certain amount in his savings in order to be approved or to receive an interview? 

Thank you for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

His income is not relevant. They will only be looking at your (the petitioner's) income.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

No, he won't need to provide any bank statements. And he certainly doesn't need $10,000 to get an interview. The only additional things that will need to be paid before the interview is the fee for the medical exam (usually anywhere from $200-$300) and the $265 paid either in cash on site at the consulate on the day of the interview or shortly beforehand at Banque Populaire.

My Moroccan fiancé (now husband) didn't provide any financial information for himself and didn't need to prove he was employed. He was approved with no issues. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
On 8/29/2024 at 12:56 PM, raklaxhope said:

Is his bank statement relevant? We have heard people say that you must have at least $10,000 in the bank to even receive an interview. 

No, not at all.

And do yourself a favor, dont listen to people who have not been through the Immigration journey.

Best wishes. 

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULED :  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

05/14/2024:     N-400 Interview   APPROVED  

June 5th, 2024:   OATH DAY:       

June 5th 2024:  My husband became a US Citizen ♥♥   1, 474 New US Citizens sworn in- Houston, Tx. 

The End of a Very long journey! 

looney tunes i might have miss a th in there GIF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.O.S.  FROM EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 8/28/2024 at 1:42 PM, raklaxhope said:

Hello everyone,

My fiancé and I are just starting the K-1 visa application process. I have a question:

Are there income restrictions for my Moroccan fiancé in order to have the K-1 visa approved so he can come to the U.S.? I am an American citizen sponsoring him and my income is good here in the U.S. He does have a full time job in Morocco, but his wages are not very high there. Does he need to earn a certain amount of money in Morocco or have a certain amount in his savings in order to be approved or to receive an interview? 

Thank you for your help.

Keep in mind that while his income/wages don't matter - the K1 does require the adjustment of status before he would be able to work here - which is also a considerable expense. You might want to consider just getting married and doing the spouse visa as it would allow him to work immediately. If you are concerned about income, it could be stressful waiting 6-12 months after getting married and filing adjustment of status paperwork for him to work whereas with a spouse visa he could work immediately. 

Timeline
On 8/29/2024 at 1:56 PM, raklaxhope said:

Is his bank statement relevant? We have heard people say that you must have at least $10,000 in the bank to even receive an interview. 

they look at morocco income for tourist visa not US fiancee or spouse visas 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.