DELTAFOXTROT

Wife submitted Tourist Visa for her mother from Philippines

16 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

Earlier this week my wife submitted the tourist visa application for her mother, She is waiting for a email back that says where to pay and how to schedule

How long does it take to get the email back from USCIS on paying the tourist visa fee

She doesn't get an email, she has to follow the links here and pay it herself. I'm not sure how she submitted the DS-160 without having paid the fee!

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp

2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

I'm not sure how she submitted the DS-160 without having paid the fee!

Exactly!

OP, you might want to check what exactly your wife submitted and who she submitted it to. I hope she is not working with some kind of agent who charges her a lot of money for what is a very easy process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Please come back and let us know exactly what she has done.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

14 hours ago, Marieke H said:

Exactly!

OP, you might want to check what exactly your wife submitted and who she submitted it to. I hope she is not working with some kind of agent who charges her a lot of money for what is a very easy process.

She went thur USEmbassy.gov and went to tourist visa

She did her own AOS from a K1 and did her naturalazation paperwork to become a US Citizen, she knows how to submit a visa application.

I have her confirmation copy form US Dept of State in front of me

17 hours ago, appleblossom said:

She doesn't get an email, she has to follow the links here and pay it herself. I'm not sure how she submitted the DS-160 without having paid the fee!

Thanks for the link, Yes She submitted and she has the confirmaiton from US Dept of State

I gave her the link this morning so she can pay.  Thanks

Her friend whose mom got her tourist visa last year told her she had to wait for email to pay, I was thinking that didn't sound quit right to me.

I will update after she gets is paid

17 hours ago, appleblossom said:

The link you provided you can either pay online or pay Philippines pesos 11,110 Peso at bank by 8/31

So you can submit and then you pay either online or at a bank

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Receipt for Payment (ustraveldocs.com)

15 hours ago, Boiler said:

Please come back and let us know exactly what she has done.

One of her sisters that still lives at home is gonna take the receipt from the Dept of State website and make the payment at the bank tommorow, because it's like 9:41 pm in Philippines

That way the mother will have the physical reciept and then my wife will then schedule her mothers visa interview.

Just now, DELTAFOXTROT said:

The link you provided you can either pay online or pay Philippines pesos 11,110 Peso at bank by 8/31

So you can submit and then you pay either online or at a bank

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Receipt for Payment (ustraveldocs.com)

She was supposed to pay first as per the instructions - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-typeb1b2.asp

But hopefully it will be ok. At least the Manila wait for an interview has reduced a lot so she doesn't have to wait too long to find out if it's granted. Has she had a B visa before? 

51 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

She was supposed to pay first as per the instructions - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-typeb1b2.asp

But hopefully it will be ok. At least the Manila wait for an interview has reduced a lot so she doesn't have to wait too long to find out if it's granted. Has she had a B visa before? 

The link provided say to wait 4 hours to schedule interview after bank payment, So I don't see it being an issue, My wife applied thru the www.usgov.org link which didn't say to pay first, like the above link does.

We are not in a hurry for her mother to come here, We want her here in Texas in April of next year, it will be cooler then and let her stay a couple of months and then we will fly back with her to Philippines in June and me and wife will spend some time exploring Philippines.  It's too hot now in Texas and we have travel booked in October to Cancun and December to Hawaii and then winter sets in and not a good time to be a tourist in Texas.

Plus my wife pinay friend mom is coming in April and we are hoping they can fly together from Manila to Korea to Dallas, and no her mom hasn't applied for tourist visa before, my wife has been in USA going on 10 years now.  

7 minutes ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

My wife applied thru the www.usgov.org link 

What actual site did she use to apply? Is it definitely a genuine one?

Hope your MIL gets the visa, fingers crossed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 minutes ago, DELTAFOXTROT said:

OK, so yes that's the official one, that's where the link I gave you is from. 

Good luck to her. 

7 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

OK, so yes that's the official one, that's where the link I gave you is from. 

Good luck to her. 

Yeppers

She did the applicaiton like 11 days ago, She has the confirmation # and paperwork you print out from US Dept of State to take with you to the interview, she just now needs to schedule interview, I think she is doing that today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.