Sunny3

Cr1 Beneficiary skip Covid vaccines due illness (Hearing loss and stroke)

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sunny3 said:

Are you saying they will deny your waiver? I read on these replies that getting a waiver is not too difficult. 

For me it is not difficult because I have a genuine and strong (and protected) conviction and I would be highly surprised if it got denied, it's just annoying and expensive and I believe that a vaccine should ALWAYS be voluntary, no matter what reason you have not to take it. Whomever wants to feel safe by taking whatever jab should be free to do so but not force me to do the same. After all, if they got theirs, they should be protected, no? But you say you are worried to take multiple shots at once so you're not really against vaccines. That means you do not have a strong moral or religious conviction against vaccines in general so getting the waiver approved would be very hard, if not impossible. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sunny3 said:

So do you think or are saying that they may consider that many vacciness at once could be waived? I don't think is healthy to have the full Covid vaccination at once, my husband took 1 shot and experienced fatigue and pain in his lungs just for his 1st shot few years ago, I can only imagine 3 or 4 shots at once. Very risky considering I have delicate health already.

If this is your argument for a waiver, you will not get approved. 

2 hours ago, Nous Eb said:

After all, if they got theirs, they should be protected, no?

No, because vaccines don't give 100% protection. The more unvaccinated people around, the more probability the virus keeps living amount people creating a risk of infecting vaccinating people. Plus mutations occur, reducing immunity provided by vaccine... There's even mathematical formulas explaining what percentage of population needing vaccine to ensure the virus cannot spread.

2 hours ago, Nous Eb said:

If this is your argument for a waiver, you will not get approved. 

I agree, I do not see a strong case for waiving vaccine requirement for OP so far. Any waiver needs to be factually based and backed up by solid paperwork to be taken seriously.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, OldUser said:

No, because vaccines don't give 100% protection. The more unvaccinated people around, the more probability the virus keeps living amount people creating a risk of infecting vaccinating people. Plus mutations occur, reducing immunity provided by vaccine... There's even mathematical formulas explaining what percentage of population needing vaccine to ensure the virus cannot spread.

I agree, I do not see a strong case for waiving vaccine requirement for OP so far. Any waiver needs to be factually based and backed up by solid paperwork to be taken seriously.

Let's just agree to disagree on the vaccine argument there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What I think on the general subject is in my mind irrelevant, all I know is that it seems most are approved,. Now I do not know the quality of the applications but the cynic in me thinks USCIS are not that bothered.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 hours ago, Sunny3 said:

So do you think or are saying that they may consider that many vacciness at once could be waived? I don't think is healthy to have the full Covid vaccination at once, my husband took 1 shot and experienced fatigue and pain in his lungs just for his 1st shot few years ago, I can only imagine 3 or 4 shots at once. Very risky considering I have delicate health already.

You do not receive 3 or 4 COVID vaccines at once. There is a dosing interval that is regulated for safe and optimum protection and you have the option to space out as many vaccines as you wish right now. For instance my husband went to his GP and received his vaccinations before even going to the medical. Multiple dosages have to be spaced out and for those with no issue to be given together you could still space them out if it made you feel more comfortable (I actually do this with my dog - no more than two standard vaccinations at a time and if due for rabies it must be spaced out alone). Some are not problematic to be given together, but for those that are a series they are required to be spaced anyway. The vaccines as they currently stand do not prevent you (they may in some) from acquiring COVID for a variety of complex reasons, however they may protect you and others from severe illness or death. If we were serious globally about stopping COVID we could certainly do that, where you could have full confidence in the vaccine's protection - alas that is not where we are right now, so the vaccine offers what protection it can in the circumstances humans have created for themselves.

9 hours ago, Sunny3 said:

I know but they should look into vaccine side effects and that some beneficiaries have chronic illnesses non compatible with vacciness specially the Covid one. Plus my husband got Covid having the vacciness 😐

All vaccines have side effects, largely because of your own personal immune response. In some, there is no way to predict that response so certain effects while rare, can amount a challenging symptom afterward. That is why in taking a vaccine a patient and doctor should evaluate risk vs reward. Initially I was advised that based on my own reaction that I should avoid future COVID vaccines, but was also advised to take thorough precautions to avoid getting sick and research continues on the subject. The risks of acquiring an infection and causing me further severe harm are high. Recently, I have seen good success of those with similar reactions taking Novavax (the risk profile for tinnitus still exist though), which delivers protection in a different mechanism and that is an option for some. When it comes to immigration however, the public health requirements are an important factor for the safety of the patient and for the protection of citizens. These are the requirements given by the government for a reason, as the immigrant is asking to live there afterall. Your personal assessment of risk becomes irrelevant to the government.

Ultimately, like Boiler said, it doesn't matter how we feel on the subject of vaccines, the requirements are the requirements. There is a process one can go through if they qualify for it. No guarantee of approval.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Hi there Sunny, I know how you feel and the worries your having  about not getting that dangerous covid injection prior to your immigration journey to US and to be with your family. I'm on the same situation also before, Feb 2021 is  when my husband filed the CR1 petition for me and that was during the peak of covid scam and the government was forcing people to take covid vaccine, my husband and I are against taking the covid injection because of the obvious reasons. We didn't expect that the whole process of my visa would take 2 years and half and were kind of thankful on that long of a process because fast forward now in 2024 were I got my now Ir1 visa, during my medical last May 2024 the covid vaccine is automatically waved by the panel physician because its not routinely available in our country( Philippines) and I'm very happy that I'm able to finish my medical without the covid vaccine and able to proceed on my interview. 

Edited by OreoCaramel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 8/22/2024 at 10:01 PM, Sunny3 said:

Nobody would give you several vaccine shots at once, that's not how vaccination works. Also, the people who benefit the most from vaccination are the people with "delicate health" - because they are the ones most at risk of severe infection leading to hospitalization and death. It seems that if you want to make a case to the official doctor that your health justifies waiving certain vaccines, you need to educate yourself. This kind discourse is not going to cut it.

Kind of disheartening to see this thread being used to spread misinformation about vaccines.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.