Sunny3

Cr1 Beneficiary skip Covid vaccines due illness (Hearing loss and stroke)

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Laure&Colin said:

Asking for the people who know more about the medical, can't you get exempted from some vaccines for medical reasons? Obviously some people may have legit contraindications to a particular vaccine, like prior allergic reactions. How would they proceed?

Those specific vaccines would be waived on the DS-3025 form by the civil surgeon. That also goes for vaccines not available in your country. My covid vaccine was not available in The Netherlands when I had my exam and those were waived by the civil surgeon. Some were waived because they were not age appropriate and others can be waived because there is not enough time in between doses. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sunny3 said:

I have no take any vacciness since almost 20 years. They give many side effects and now after stroke I can't take risks to get a second stroke or lose my hearing. I have most of the vacciness from childhood but not sure if are all the ones they request. I have the proof of my Sudden hearing loss but sad that is not enough to explain why I can't be exposed to risks. 1040 is a lot of money, we are not rich just an average working family wanting to live together not on a phone screen. Also thanks so much for the information

I am the same age as you. If you only had your childhood vaccines there is quite a long list that you are required to take and/or boost. If you have to save up for the money, just let the process do its thing and wait for the denial at the interview. In the meantime get your I-601 with statement(s) prepared and set money aside so you can file immediately after your denial. At least that is probably what I would do. You know now what you need and what the cost is, so you can prepare.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nous Eb said:

Those specific vaccines would be waived on the DS-3025 form by the civil surgeon. That also goes for vaccines not available in your country. My covid vaccine was not available in The Netherlands when I had my exam and those were waived by the civil surgeon. Some were waived because they were not age appropriate and others can be waived because there is not enough time in between doses. 

I think OP needs to discuss with her primary care doctor whether her medical history justifies avoiding these vaccines. If they agree then it would be wise to have them write a certificate detailing her illnesses and how getting a vaccine could impact her health to share with the embassy appointed physician, who will have to make the final call. It doesn't look to me that a waiver on moral or religious grounds is the way to approach this.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
03/27/12: interview at Paris embassy - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

05/14/24: approved at interview, same-day oath ceremony in San Francisco 🥳 🇺🇸

Passport

06/10/24: application submitted at post office for passport book and card, paid for expedited processing and shipping

06/24/24: received email notification that passport was approved, then shipped with tracking number

06/25/24: passport received

Timeline
20 hours ago, Laure&Colin said:

I think OP needs to discuss with her primary care doctor whether her medical history justifies avoiding these vaccines. If they agree then it would be wise to have them write a certificate detailing her illnesses and how getting a vaccine could impact her health to share with the embassy appointed physician, who will have to make the final call. It doesn't look to me that a waiver on moral or religious grounds is the way to approach this.

I agree, I think the CS waiving them for medical reasons would be the first approach simply because it would be easiest, fastest and cheapest, plus it seems that the OP has a valid medical case. But if that doesn't work for whatever reason, OP might be able to build a case on moral grounds. Not religious, I agree, because I do not see OP mention anything about faith and beliefs and if you are not religious it will be a hard case to defend, but it should be possible to get it waived on moral grounds. After all that simply means that their conviction is that it is wrong to take the vaccines, which the OP clearly believes because they genuinely believe and fear it might cause harm to their health. Just because people claim that something is rare, doesn't mean that 1.) that is actually true, or 2.) that OP will not get harmed. Would any USCIS bet their own health on statistics? Would they put their children in a situation where they have a certain percentage of getting harmed? It would need a strong defense to make that case but I do not see why that would be impossible? It includes 'moral' next to 'religious' for a reason. I think most people who do not want to take the vaccines could make a strong moral case against it if they would be willing to put the time into it and spend the money for it. Most do not and just get the vaccines because of the cost and inconvenience (which means they couldn't have made a strong case anyway) but some are simply not doing it because they are being told that it's a 'waste of money' because 'it will never get approved anyway' and I think that is not true. If your conviction is strong enough you will be able to convince the USCIS officer of it. I see too many fear mongering remarks in this forum that claim it 'takes too long' and 'costs too much'. Nothing takes too long or costs too much if that means you do not have to do something against your moral or religious convictions. But if it sounds like a hassle you're not willing to get into, then don't bother indeed because that would for sure be a waste of time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The way the OP described their position it seemed to me that showing a significant Medical risk would be tricky.

I have certainly seen on here people review their position when they find out how long it takes, what is involved, how much it costs, so worthy of mention.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The way the OP described their position it seemed to me that showing a significant Medical risk would be tricky.

I have certainly seen on here people review their position when they find out how long it takes, what is involved, how much it costs, so worthy of mention.

I agree, it is worthy of mention and if that is too much work, then their convictions are probably not strong enough anyway and that is what USCIS aims for with the high cost. 

But to say that people can't make a case, or that they need a lawyer, scaring them into just taking the vaccines against their will is not fair either, I have seen such responses on here quite a lot so I like to balance that out. I just filed my waiver on religious grounds so I do not know the outcome yet, but I do know I have a strong case and I can defend it if needed because my beliefs are genuine and I am willing to give up my green card for it. I knew way before even filing the I-129F that I was going to need the waiver and I was also told I needed a lawyer, it was nearly impossible, took years to be approved, but after I researched it for a while I saw that this waiver (vaccine) seemed more successful with people DIY-ing it than people hiring expensive lawyers and that most of them were approved without issues and it didn't take as long. You don't need an expensive lawyer to defend your own beliefs. If you can't express it well in English, write it down in your own language and have it translated. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I said they might need legal help, now there are people who can put a waiver together but there are also people who probably can't.

It is unusual for a well prepared waiver to be denied.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 8/21/2024 at 10:14 PM, Nous Eb said:

So do you think or are saying that they may consider that many vacciness at once could be waived? I don't think is healthy to have the full Covid vaccination at once, my husband took 1 shot and experienced fatigue and pain in his lungs just for his 1st shot few years ago, I can only imagine 3 or 4 shots at once. Very risky considering I have delicate health already.

On 8/21/2024 at 10:21 PM, Nous Eb said:

I am the same age as you. If you only had your childhood vaccines there is quite a long list that you are required to take and/or boost. If you have to save up for the money, just let the process do its thing and wait for the denial at the interview. In the meantime get your I-601 with statement(s) prepared and set money aside so you can file immediately after your denial. At least that is probably what I would do. You know now what you need and what the cost is, so you can prepare.

Are you saying they will deny your waiver? I read on these replies that getting a waiver is not too difficult. 

8 minutes ago, Sunny3 said:

Are you saying they will deny your waiver? I read on these replies that getting a waiver is not too difficult. 

If waivers were easy, everybody would get them. In reality, receiving any special treatment, exceptions, waiver and expedites from DOS / USCIS is difficult. This especially applies to vaccinations and medical conditions (TB etc), as we're talking American public safety.

1 hour ago, Nous Eb said:

I agree, I think the CS waiving them for medical reasons would be the first approach simply because it would be easiest, fastest and cheapest, plus it seems that the OP has a valid medical case. But if that doesn't work for whatever reason, OP might be able to build a case on moral grounds. Not religious, I agree, because I do not see OP mention anything about faith and beliefs and if you are not religious it will be a hard case to defend, but it should be possible to get it waived on moral grounds. After all that simply means that their conviction is that it is wrong to take the vaccines, which the OP clearly believes because they genuinely believe and fear it might cause harm to their health. Just because people claim that something is rare, doesn't mean that 1.) that is actually true, or 2.) that OP will not get harmed. Would any USCIS bet their own health on statistics? Would they put their children in a situation where they have a certain percentage of getting harmed? It would need a strong defense to make that case but I do not see why that would be impossible? It includes 'moral' next to 'religious' for a reason. I think most people who do not want to take the vaccines could make a strong moral case against it if they would be willing to put the time into it and spend the money for it. Most do not and just get the vaccines because of the cost and inconvenience (which means they couldn't have made a strong case anyway) but some are simply not doing it because they are being told that it's a 'waste of money' because 'it will never get approved anyway' and I think that is not true. If your conviction is strong enough you will be able to convince the USCIS officer of it. I see too many fear mongering remarks in this forum that claim it 'takes too long' and 'costs too much'. Nothing takes too long or costs too much if that means you do not have to do something against your moral or religious convictions. But if it sounds like a hassle you're not willing to get into, then don't bother indeed because that would for sure be a waste of time. 

It sounds like a hassle but worse would be to lose my hearing because of a vaccine. I forgot to mention I have chronic fatigue, another illness that even some doctors don't believe in and it's not recommended to put at risk the inmune system upon vaccination. No one would believe me even showing proof and we don't have all the money. I guess we will have to think to live somewhere else

5 minutes ago, OldUser said:

If waivers were easy, everybody would get them. In reality, receiving any special treatment, exceptions, waiver and expedites from DOS / USCIS is difficult. This especially applies to vaccinations and medical conditions (TB etc), as we're talking American public safety.

I know but they should look into vaccine side effects and that some beneficiaries have chronic illnesses non compatible with vacciness specially the Covid one. Plus my husband got Covid having the vacciness 😐

On 8/21/2024 at 6:32 PM, Nous Eb said:

I see you are confused, maybe we are misunderstanding each other :content:.

I am saying that you do not need to wait filing your I-601 waiver until after the interview and denial. 

The OP does. S/he is seeking to waive the inadmissibility - so the inadmissibility must be determined first.  https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/charts/i-601chart.pdf

If they’ve only just filed then best thing to do is wait and see what requirements are in place by the time they are due to be scheduled for an interview - as @Boiler said, probably back end of 2025. Then they can make a decision about what to do. 

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
6 hours ago, appleblossom said:

The OP does. S/he is seeking to waive the inadmissibility - so the inadmissibility must be determined first.  https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/charts/i-601chart.pdf

If they’ve only just filed then best thing to do is wait and see what requirements are in place by the time they are due to be scheduled for an interview - as @Boiler said, probably back end of 2025. Then they can make a decision about what to do. 

I see what you mean. Yes that means wait and file the waiver after denial.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.