Skyman

N-400 September 2024 filers

79 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, kittycat said:

Oh I did all that, another browser and private window, as well as different comp altogether but request URL is failing consistently with 500/503 . If it is unresolved tomorrow I will give nice folks at USCIS a call. 

Thanks for chiming in. 

Looks like IT issue at USCIS.

Errors 500/503 are server side errors.

On 9/19/2024 at 7:07 PM, Skyman said:

Wow!  Just WOW!!!

Screenshot_20240919_180004_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b568b1d03daddea9f509548c64fcfaaa.jpg

wow that is amazingly fast!! Congrats!! 

On 9/23/2024 at 8:39 PM, kittycat said:

Hey folks, I have been working on N400 for the past day or so. I came back tonight to finish uploading evidence but keep getting 500 page unavailable. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with myuscis?

@kittycat I filed my n400 yesterday evening, I can assure you MYUSCIS was down from Monday evening to Tuesday all day! I was trying to submit on Tuesday but then it was acting so whacky I thought I will just wait one day and wait till it fixes itself and then apply!

Also, I got the Receipt notice within minutes after applying yesterday evening and today morning It also shows biometric reuse (Applied Under US Citizen Spouse, 3 year rule) and now the wait begins!

Edited by Bruno1212

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bruno1212 said:

@kittycat I filed my n400 yesterday evening, I can assure you MYUSCIS was down from Monday evening to Tuesday all day! I was trying to submit on Tuesday but then it was acting so whacky I thought I will just wait one day and wait till it fixes itself and then apply!

Also, I got the Receipt notice within minutes after applying yesterday evening and today morning It also shows biometric reuse (Applied Under US Citizen Spouse, 3 year rule) and now the wait begins!

Thanks, yes I gave it additional time until all the kinks with online application were resolved. Applied online this afternoon. 

Here is the summary

GC entry date 9/04/2021

applying under 3-year - married to US Citizen

N400 application date 9/25/2024

Receipt notice generated within minutes.

It does have estimated time to completion

9 months

local office- Fairfax VA

(No ROC in our case)

The wait begins.

11-20-2019 - mailed docs to NVC

12-20-2019 - DS-260 done

01-28-2020 - NVC DQ-ed

02-08-2020 - husband flew back to the States

02-14-2020 - IV interview scheduled for 03-31-2020

03-15-2020 - pending IV interview cancelled due to COVID

08-04-2020 - US Embassy notified us - not eligible for a follow -to-join immigration route anymore. Spouse has naturalized. Advised to re-start the process with I-130 😯

"2 heart attacks" and a month later....

09-08-2020 - applied online I-130 

09-09-2020 - NOA1 sent out 

09-16-2020 - received NOA1 hardcopy, case pending at Texas SC, 

Online case status check, shows case pending at Nebraska SC

09-09-2020 - touched

09-10-2020 - touched

09-14-2020 - touched

10-19-2020 - touched

20 hours ago, kittycat said:

Thanks, yes I gave it additional time until all the kinks with online application were resolved. Applied online this afternoon. 

Here is the summary

GC entry date 9/04/2021

9 months

local office- Fairfax VA

(No ROC in our case)

The wait begins.

Oh nice. I do have a pending ROC i-751, applied last September.

Estimated time was showing 9 months when I applied. after a few minutes I got the notices and the approx. time changed to 7 months (it still has a * on it stating that timeline is for 5 year rule) guess we will find out sooner or later!

Local office - Atlanta, GA

Edited by Bruno1212

6 hours ago, Bruno1212 said:

Oh nice. I do have a pending ROC i-751, applied last September.

Estimated time was showing 9 months when I applied. after a few minutes I got the notices and the approx. time changed to 7 months (it still has a * on it stating that timeline is for 5 year rule) guess we will find out sooner or later!

Local office - Atlanta, GA

Estimated times are hugely inaccurate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Felt like I should check in. Filed 9/1, however we're only eligible for citizenship 12/1/2024. Got a notice our biometrics can be reused. Now time to wait.

2 hours ago, uapilot said:

Felt like I should check in. Filed 9/1, however we're only eligible for citizenship 12/1/2024. Got a notice our biometrics can be reused. Now time to wait.

Are you sure you didn't file early?

Date calculator shows:

12/1/2024 minus 90 days is 9/2/2024

90 days and 3 months is not the same.

3 hours ago, OldUser said:

Estimated times are hugely inaccurate.

How do you know since it's just an estimate? And even moreso, the estimates are for 80% completion. So maybe 80% are done in 7 months, while the remaining 20% may take years and the reported estimate would still be accurate. It's up to each person to look at their own case and decide if theirs is a relatively simple case which should fit within the estimate or if theirs may take some extra work.

1 hour ago, Skyman said:

How do you know since it's just an estimate? And even moreso, the estimates are for 80% completion. So maybe 80% are done in 7 months, while the remaining 20% may take years and the reported estimate would still be accurate. It's up to each person to look at their own case and decide if theirs is a relatively simple case which should fit within the estimate or if theirs may take some extra work.

From personal experience and by observing VJ + listening to hours of YouTube show on immigration with live callers.

In my case, it was a simple case, but everybody who filed the same week or two were delayed by 4-5 months. 

When I filed the average processing time took 7 months. My approval took 20 months. No RFE, no interview. That was for I-751 but you can see similar experiences across the board from AOS and visas to N-400.

Just go through threads on VJ, you'll see

- people getting naturalization certificate in hand while their account shows 7 months until decision

- people waiting many months over the estimated time because it keeps jumping up and down

Edited by OldUser

19 hours ago, OldUser said:

From personal experience and by observing VJ + listening to hours of YouTube show on immigration with live callers.

In my case, it was a simple case, but everybody who filed the same week or two were delayed by 4-5 months. 

When I filed the average processing time took 7 months. My approval took 20 months. No RFE, no interview. That was for I-751 but you can see similar experiences across the board from AOS and visas to N-400.

Just go through threads on VJ, you'll see

- people getting naturalization certificate in hand while their account shows 7 months until decision

- people waiting many months over the estimated time because it keeps jumping up and down

Perhaps you are just seeing odd cases though. Someone who feels they are overdue will post and complain while those on time or early won't.  Also, people who aren't VJ members won't post at all until they get upset at the wait and go looking for answers, sometimes finding VJ.

I certainly don't go looking at all the estimates but those that have concerned me haven't varied.

23 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Perhaps you are just seeing odd cases though. Someone who feels they are overdue will post and complain while those on time or early won't.  Also, people who aren't VJ members won't post at all until they get upset at the wait and go looking for answers, sometimes finding VJ.

I certainly don't go looking at all the estimates but those that have concerned me haven't varied.

Everything is possible. Keep us posted and whether USCIS had an accurate estimate for your case in the end.

13 hours ago, OldUser said:

Everything is possible. Keep us posted and whether USCIS had an accurate estimate for your case in the end.

The AOS was maybe a month longer than the estimate and the N-400 looks to be about 4 months ahead of the 6 month estimate. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 9/25/2024 at 5:24 PM, kittycat said:

GC entry date 9/04/2021

9 months

local office- Fairfax VA

(No ROC in our case)

Quick update

Biometrics appt scheduled for Oct 17th. Got an email last night

Bio Notice popped under documents section

Also the estimated times dropped from 9 to 7 months (for what its worth)..

11-20-2019 - mailed docs to NVC

12-20-2019 - DS-260 done

01-28-2020 - NVC DQ-ed

02-08-2020 - husband flew back to the States

02-14-2020 - IV interview scheduled for 03-31-2020

03-15-2020 - pending IV interview cancelled due to COVID

08-04-2020 - US Embassy notified us - not eligible for a follow -to-join immigration route anymore. Spouse has naturalized. Advised to re-start the process with I-130 😯

"2 heart attacks" and a month later....

09-08-2020 - applied online I-130 

09-09-2020 - NOA1 sent out 

09-16-2020 - received NOA1 hardcopy, case pending at Texas SC, 

Online case status check, shows case pending at Nebraska SC

09-09-2020 - touched

09-10-2020 - touched

09-14-2020 - touched

10-19-2020 - touched

On 9/12/2024 at 12:16 PM, bestofluck said:

I filled online and got a reuse biometrics notice the same day. On the reuse notice it shows the service center is NBC. The case is still showing 7 months.

Quick update: Online status showing "Estimated time* until case decision: approx. 5 months"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.