Skyman

N-400 September 2024 filers

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/9/2024 at 11:08 AM, bestofluck said:

Just filed N400 online tonight! Let the waiting game begin. Now it shows "Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 7 months"

Which service center and have you received the biometrics reuse notice?

17 hours ago, Skyman said:

Which service center and have you received the biometrics reuse notice?

I filled online and got a reuse biometrics notice the same day. On the reuse notice it shows the service center is NBC. The case is still showing 7 months.

Edited by bestofluck

8 hours ago, bestofluck said:

I filled online and got a reuse biometrics notice the same day. On the reuse notice it shows the service center is NBC. The case is still showing 7 months.

I filed 9/9 almost midnight, 9/10 received and 9/12 got notice for biometrics reused as well.

NBC as well!

event.png

My K-1 Fiancée Visa Journey

USCIS:
2015-04-09: I-129F Mailed out overnight to Lewisville, TX
2015-04-10: Case received by USCIS. Routed to California Service Center
2015-04-14: Received our e-mail of NOA1
2015-04-21: NOA1 Hardcopy on hand!
2015-06-12: Case was approved! NOA2
2015-06-19: I797 Hardcopy on hand!
National Visa Center (NVC):
2015-07-06: BNS Case number assigned!
2015-07-07: DS-160 Completed
2015-07-07: Visa FEE paid off
2015-07-11: Case updated at CEAC to "in Transit"!
2015-07-13: Case updated at CEAC to "Ready"!
Argentina's U.S. Embassy - Consular Section:
2015-07-15: Embassy received the package hardcopy from NVC by DHL
2015-07-16: Vaccinations done
2015-07-17: Police certificate done
2015-07-21: Medicals done
2015-07-23: Packet 3 documentation set
2015-07-24: Received packet 3
2015-07-27: Handed in packet 3 to the embassy
2015-08-21: Received packet 4
2015-09-07: Re-done police certificate, required by the USBA IV unit.
2015-09-08: Received package of affidavit of support, sent by UPS from Roland to Argentina
2015-09-10: Interview APPROVED!!!!
2015-09-11: Case status updated at CEAC to "Administrative Processing"!
2015-09-14: Case status updated at CEAC to "Issued"!
2015-09-23: Passport ready to pick up! Scheduled for September 25th.
2015-09-25: Visa on hand
2015-10-02: Departure from Ezeiza, Buenos Aires
Department of Homeland Security (DHS):
2015-10-03: POE - Atlanta, GA
2015-10-16: Got married at Denton, Caroline County's Courthouse

My AOS Journey

Social Security Administration:
2015-10-26: Applied for SSN at Cambridge Social Security Administration
2015-11-23: Called SSA after four weeks mark. They re-send the forms because it was the wrong one.
2016-01-12: Visit SSA and been told that there was a mail sent to me according the situation. Received it later in the afternoon.

2016-01-13: Finally got my SSN card!! (Yayy!! after 80 days!!)

USCIS:
2015-12-17: Forms I-485, I-765 & I-131 Mailed out by USPS Priority mail
2015-12-20: Package delivered

2015-12-30: Received three NOA1's e-mails and sms (I-485, I-131 and I-765)

2016-01-05: Received three NOA1's hardcopies on hand!

2016-01-06: Received biometrics appointment letter.

2016-01-19: Biometrics appointment @ Dover, DE. (Successful! Took only 10 mins.)

2016-01-25: RFIE notification :cry:

2016-02-02: RFIE hardcopy mail received. (I864 form needed to be corrected + additional documentation)

2016-03-08: Overnighted the RFIE response with UPS

2016-03-09: Package delivered

2016-03-10: Received RFIE reception notification

2016-04-08: EAD & AP been approved!

2016-04-11: Received AP & EAD approval e-notification!! (woot woot!!)

2016-04-12: EAD card is being produced

2016-04-13: EAD card been mailed

2016-04-15: Combo card on hand!

2016-XX-XX: (GC interview/approval notice!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!) :clock:

Hey Guys, I am so glad I found this forum. Sorry for the LONG post!

I will be eligible to file N-400 on 17th September under the 3 Years US Citizen Spouse rule. I have already started filling out the form and aiming to submit by sept end or oct mid.

I had a couple of questions? Thank you in advance for your help!!

1. For the IRS transcript do we submit the account transcript or return transcript or BOTH? I just realized I had only submitted account transcript when I was filing I-751 last year? hope that's not gonna be a problem.

2. I had already submitted documents until last year for I-751 in Sep. 23. the form n400 states to provide 3 years of proof for everything? so do I submit everything again? or just the evidence from Sep-23 to current? (for eg: I submitted quarterly statement of our joint account during I751 do I do it again for past 3 years?)

3. Do I have to fill out Crimes and offenses section as Yes? Attaching a SS below because there are 2 questions?  I Never got arrested but I've had a couple of tickets. 2020: Crash(car slipped no one involved) still got a ticket for driving too fast for the weather (Illinois)  or something, a speeding ticket in Georgia. 2023: 1. minor crash front ended someone, 2. Failed to yield (stop sign) ticket. (Georgia). I think speeding is a crime in Georgia I am not really sure what to do with this section.

image.thumb.png.ea47dd5a42bce7b21e656885bc3ce4ad.png

Here is rough checklist which I have currently

Evidence:

1. Quarterly Statements for past 3 years

2. Lease for 2021,2022 (2023) we got a house but that is just under my name no nothing for 2023 or should I still add something for 2023?, 2024 (we have rented out the house, living in apartment again so I do have the Lease with both our names for 2024

3. Health, Auto, Dental, Vision Insurance, Rental Insurance. (2021-current)

4. Tax transcripts

Additional Evidence:

To be honest I don't know what to add? I-751 I remember adding tickets of our trips and uploading 10-12 photos, affidavit letters from 2 of my family members, it was quite a pile I remember It couldn't fit in a envelope and had to send it out in a box.

Do I do the same here? Because I have heard n400 is usually not that intense any inputs would be appreciated!

USPS tracking says N400 application delivered September 6 to the USCIS PO Box but still havent had check cashed or e-notification that I requested. 😕 Making me concerned that USPS lost it and lied about delivery.

1 hour ago, spikes746 said:

USPS tracking says N400 application delivered September 6 to the USCIS PO Box but still havent had check cashed or e-notification that I requested. 😕 Making me concerned that USPS lost it and lied about delivery.

This Monday was the Labor Day holiday, so I am guessing the processing speed is affected by that...

On 9/13/2024 at 12:30 PM, spikes746 said:

It takes 8-10 weeks to get receipts for any cases filed by mail lately

On 9/13/2024 at 11:49 AM, Bruno1212 said:

Hey Guys, I am so glad I found this forum. Sorry for the LONG post!

I will be eligible to file N-400 on 17th September under the 3 Years US Citizen Spouse rule. I have already started filling out the form and aiming to submit by sept end or oct mid.

I had a couple of questions? Thank you in advance for your help!!

1. For the IRS transcript do we submit the account transcript or return transcript or BOTH? I just realized I had only submitted account transcript when I was filing I-751 last year? hope that's not gonna be a problem.

2. I had already submitted documents until last year for I-751 in Sep. 23. the form n400 states to provide 3 years of proof for everything? so do I submit everything again? or just the evidence from Sep-23 to current? (for eg: I submitted quarterly statement of our joint account during I751 do I do it again for past 3 years?)

3. Do I have to fill out Crimes and offenses section as Yes? Attaching a SS below because there are 2 questions?  I Never got arrested but I've had a couple of tickets. 2020: Crash(car slipped no one involved) still got a ticket for driving too fast for the weather (Illinois)  or something, a speeding ticket in Georgia. 2023: 1. minor crash front ended someone, 2. Failed to yield (stop sign) ticket. (Georgia). I think speeding is a crime in Georgia I am not really sure what to do with this section.

image.thumb.png.ea47dd5a42bce7b21e656885bc3ce4ad.png

Here is rough checklist which I have currently

Evidence:

1. Quarterly Statements for past 3 years

2. Lease for 2021,2022 (2023) we got a house but that is just under my name no nothing for 2023 or should I still add something for 2023?, 2024 (we have rented out the house, living in apartment again so I do have the Lease with both our names for 2024

3. Health, Auto, Dental, Vision Insurance, Rental Insurance. (2021-current)

4. Tax transcripts

Additional Evidence:

To be honest I don't know what to add? I-751 I remember adding tickets of our trips and uploading 10-12 photos, affidavit letters from 2 of my family members, it was quite a pile I remember It couldn't fit in a envelope and had to send it out in a box.

Do I do the same here? Because I have heard n400 is usually not that intense any inputs would be appreciated!

Burden of proof is higher in 751 than N400. Two defferent beasts . 

U can submit same evidence u submited for 751 . To establish your relationship 

25 minutes ago, Mail2n said:

Burden of proof is higher in 751 than N400. Two defferent beasts . 

Theoretically yes, practically N-400 is the last "gate" to immigration benefit that's hard to revoke e.g. citizenship.

I'd treat N-400 very seriously and submit as much evidence as possible.

25 minutes ago, Mail2n said:

the form n400 states to provide 3 years of proof for everything? so do I submit everything again? or just the evidence from Sep-23 to current?

There's two camps of people. One camp believes in only submitting new evidence since filing I-751. And for most of people, it worked just fine.

The second camp believes following form instructions to the T. If it says all evidence since start of marriage, submit all evidence. USCIS would have zero chance of arguing you didn't submit enough evidence in this case. What does it cost to print it all? $50, $100, $200? For me those are reasonable costs of prepping the strongest case are justified. If it's about online filing, what are we even talking about, since it's digital and there is no cost of printing? No brainer to go all in for me...

Edited by OldUser

On 9/13/2024 at 12:30 PM, spikes746 said:

Give two weeks max 4 thats what history says . It wont take more than 4 never did 

Timeline
On 9/12/2024 at 8:46 AM, OldUser said:

I was under impression service centers don't process N-400s.

Must be NBC?

Yes, but it does go to an office sooner or later. You go by the office's estimate for N-400 completion.  For Cleveland it's 6 months. 

Timeline

Ok, so finally got enough ducks in a row to apply online.  Receipt and reuse received in minutes.

Just filed N-400 online earlier today.

Haven't received an NOA yet.

I also sent a packet a little under two weeks ago to amend my existing I-751 joint case filed 13 months ago, adding a Battery/Extreme Cruelty waiver (428 pages).

I haven't been notified of anything on the amendment of my I-751 yet, so I imagine I might not receive my N-400 NOA before they check that my I-751 amendment request is duly registered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.